Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #16  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

One thing that is great about muscle building is you can burn calories and build muscle which increases your metabolism. Lots of people have lost a lot of weight on P90x.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 265/198/135

Height: 5'3

Default On week 2 of p90x

Hello all!

I'm 2 weeks in the p90x program. I weigh 260 so I was skeptical I would actually be able to do it but it made me want to push myself that much harder. I love the program and can see toning in my arms and legs already. I will admit that if you follow the nutrition plan on phase 1 (low low carb) it is hard to keep up with the work outs but it does say in the book to move onto phase 2 whenever you feel like its effecting your performance. So I am now intermixing phase 1 and 2. It has helped a lot! The diet it comes with is extremely easy to follow without ever going hungry. All in all this is a great program. Even if you cannot keep up with the work outs 100% your effort is better than nothing. I wear the body bugg and the program has been giving me 800+ calorie burns in that workout hour. I've lost 6 pounds since starting this program.

Last edited by Dyeral; 02-15-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Dyeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Height: 5'4"

I've been alternating with it and 30DS. The kenpo and pylometrics sections are pretty rad. I'm not really feel the arms section, but I might use need to invest in weights. I use soup cans and Perrier water bottles now. haha
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 132/131/118

Height: 5'2"

I just started P90X today. I have tried to make it as fool proof as possible so that I cannot get out of it: Write the workouts into my schedule, prepack my lunches, etc. I am writing a video and photo blog about it, but I can't post links yet.

Stay tuned...
jlgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:01 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 150/120/110

The P90X program is a very complete Program. It is advanced so be prepared for that. Most people need to start with Power 90 or the Power 90 Master Series before moving on to P90X. It is doable but be sure to take your time and be OK with not being able to complete the program each day.

The program is set up in phases and is very step by step. You start with a fitness test then choose your meal plan. Form there you choose the exercise program you want (2 or 3 versions to choose from) and then set your schedule. there is a Calender that tells you what to do when. You can even go online and have it auto scheduled for you.

Each workout is like having a personal trainer with you. As you workout Tony Horton explains what to do to modify and then demonstrates. You have enough time to do more reps or to rest more depending on what you need.

It is designed to work different body parts on different days and alternates cardio and resistance training days. there are 12 workouts in the system.

Hope that helps!
pattyhues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #21  
NEED LOTS OF HELP

S/C/G: 232/299/200

Height: 5'7

Default 2 Days ONLY

I did it two days and when I woke up the third day I could not move! I cried when I tried to sit on the toilet lol. But I heard if you are in pretty good shape you can do it but if your out of shape your in for a rude awakening lol.
levi1220mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

I didn't get past making my comparison pictures my coworker went from about 230 to about 180 doing that program.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 285/285/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default I purchased Power 90 instead...

My husband and I went to purchase it online and took a test. We decided to purchase Power 90 instead and decided if we could get through that then we would buy P90X. I find Power 90 addicting but since I have some knee issues I cannot do the jumping just yet. Overall it is good though, as long as you make the time.

I have a friend who is a Beach Body coach and he looks fantastic. He wasn't in horrible shape before but P90x really made a difference for him and his wife. I would check out the website and look for some type of quiz that says are you ready for P90X and take that. It will tell you where to start. IMO better to take that and order something you can actually do then ordering a program that you can't do yet and having it sit there on the shelf.

Good luck!
CurvyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

I think it all depends on it you work out a bit now. I do not and it was way too intense for me right now. I've now made starting P90X a mini goal when I can run a little bit further and have started basic weights. It'd be like going from crawling to sprinting to me
le506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #25  
Gym'll fix it!!

I haven't tried P90X its too hard for me I've got Insanity by Shaun T but daren't do it its INSANE! I thought the warm up was the workout I love Chalean Xtreme and Turbojam Chalean is so bubbly she makes you want to do it I don't like Slim in 6 B-O-R-I-N-G my latest is Les Mills Bodypump the music is excellent I did it on tuesday and i'm still aching Good Luck
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #26  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oh yeh, if you look on Beachbody you'll be able to see clips of the workouts before you buy
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 215/184/135

Height: 5'7"

Im in my 7th week and decided to do an off week, where I incorporate some of p90x workouts with my own. I just get tired of watching the videos all the time. I did drop 10lbs the first 5 weeks. but I was also on 1500 cals a day and alot of water weight from the holidays. I have been into exercising for almost two years now. I started at Curves and i LOVE that place. Unfortunately where I live now doesnt have one, but I will always r3commend going to curves. If you are a beginner, somewhere in the middle or just in maintenance. I started with going 6 days a week and with their smart tag it tells you at the end of your 30min workout how many calories you burnt. On a good day I would burn 600, on a great day 800. And it will ease up or intensify the resistance based on your progress. Anywho, a little off topic, but thats what i recommend.
swoody29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #28  
Tea & Weight Loss Expert

S/C/G: 145/140/128

Height: 5'8''

I just LOVE P90X. Tony Horton is so funny you don't even realize you're sweating your buns off. Yes, it is extreme. It is meant for people in decent physical shape already... Beach Body has other programs to get you ready for P90X if you're not in decent shape yet. However, I did moderate exercise and I have been doing fine. It works by constant muscle confusion and it's fantastic!

In fact, I'm going to have a protein shake and go do some KenpoX right now!
JacquelineWinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #29  
Tea & Weight Loss Expert

S/C/G: 145/140/128

Height: 5'8''

PS If you have done any Jillian Michaels, it is similar intensity to that. Just longer. And every day. Definitely a commitment!
JacquelineWinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #30  
Empress/Queen

The physical therapist I had for a number of months two years ago after an injury also highly recommended this program but I am not supposed to do flat hand pushups and have found those kinds of workouts use a lot of pushups, never found a satisfactory substitute for the pushups so have not wanted to spend the money. But I am interested in doing it sometime.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote