Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

I enjoy the cookie diet. I alternate it between that and a food deliver service.

kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #47  
Working to a thinner Me!!

S/C/G: 232/See Ticker/132

Height: 5'4"

I love the cookie diet personally. It works for me. I have a big problem of boredom snacking so eating a cookie when I get those cravings really helps. I'll have been on the diet one month on the 13th and I'm already down 14lbs with very little exercise. I'm ready for that one month weigh in, but tonight might be difficult cause I'm going out with co-workers for a happy hour retirement party. It's all about will power!
lemondrplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:29 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

How's everyone doing on this diet? I bought Dr Siegal's cookies in preparation for the Holiday weight gain, lol. It worked well for me last year to get rid of the stubborn weight.
kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #49  
Working to a thinner Me!!

S/C/G: 232/See Ticker/132

Height: 5'4"

Hey there Kari1980

I was on the cookie diet for just over two months and I loved it. I'd lost about 30 pounds. One thing I would caution be very aware of how much working out you did. When I started going to the gym every day on the cookie diet my body went into starvation mode and my weightloss stopped. After a loss in the family, I gained all my weight back and I am not starting all over again. I have been thinking about starting it up again as I'm trying to lose 80 + pounds before March 2013, but think I will try it the old fashioned way. Contact a nutritionist, join the gym by my house and hire a personal trainer.

I wish you the best of luck Kari! It doesn't matter how you do it, at least you are trying to better your life! Kudos to that!
lemondrplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:47 PM   #50  

Height: 5' 11½"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
I would humbly like to add my opinion on this popular diet MYTH. Any "diet" you abandon will result in regaining of weight. Just because you lose it slowly doesn't make it magically stay off never to be seen again. I've lost weight so slow it would make a turtle feel like a jack rabbit, and I have lost weight fast. I have lost weight sensibly and not so sensibly, I have lost weight in more ways than Hines has pickles, and each and every time...regardless of how fast or how slow...I gained it all back plus more quickly the minute I said screw it.

My sister started a weight loss program after I had been going at it for several months. She started out with about 90 pounds to lose. It took her 9 months to lose 50 pounds...slow in most standards. She got sick of it and gave up, and has gained 20 pounds back (so far) in 6 weeks.

The rate you lose it has no bearings on whether you gain it back or not...your level of commitment has every thing to do with it....

Anyway to the OP. Good luck. I saw a segment on TV the other day about the cookie diet, and of course there was a naysayer so called professional also interviewed. He kept saying that how the long term results will be just awful for these people and that they will never keep the weight off...ironically the long term results for ANY weight loss plan and keeping the weight off is extremely low. Something like 3-5 %. So if only a few % of the cookie diet people keep the weight off, it will as much of a success as any other diet plan.

I agree with you there. Motivation and will power are key.
I know this is a rediculously old thread, but I am reading, as I too have JUST started Dr Siegal's Cookie Diet. Today is my 3rd day. Trying to find a place to fit in on the forums, because I appear to be the one person on here, doing it!
Jan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #51  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

I do a variation of this diet which I call the "bar" diet instead of "Cookie". Substitute cookies for protein/ snack / slim fast Bars and you have my diet. I have lost lots of weight over the years using this one but sadly when I lose control of the binging it all comes back I have NO idea how much I need to lose this time as I am avoiding scales and going by how clothes fit - maybe a new approach will be better for long term?!

I also have trouble figuring out where I fit in. I think Calorie Counter is most accurate since I stay around 1200-1400 per day. Maybe we should start a new thread/forum for those of us who use weird diets that work.

I *think* I have about 30-40 lbs to lose this time. I have already gone down 3 pants sizes in my closet since beginning of Jan. I like that I know exactly what I will eat everyday and I just ONLY eat what I bring.
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote