Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 10-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Shape Up Shoes

Does anyone have any or any experience with shoes claiming to shape you up? such as sketchers shape ups or fit flops?

Do you think they really work?
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

From what I've read into the Sketchers Shape Ups, people said they were very comfortable and they were able to do more walking without pain from the lower back, ankles, high arches, etc. That is from Amazon, that is where I read most of the reviews for it. I didn't really read or see many reviews stating how they helped them shape up their calves or whatever, there were a few. I did read people say they are a bit bouncy in their step and the shoes are not as big as they look online.

Seems interesting though. A lot of money, but still interesting.

Last edited by Jacquie668; 10-04-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

My personal opinion is that I would never buy Skechers. I know a friend who got rid of hers because it was just too much of a balancing act and it threw off her stride.

The best thing you can do, IMO, is to get a good pair of standard athletic shoes that work for your feet and walking style, and use them!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #4  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Thank you both for your opinions. They do seem like a whole lot of money!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3l5 View Post
Thank you both for your opinions. They do seem like a whole lot of money!
Yeah I have to admit, I would probably go with the regular sneakers that just feel nice. JayEll makes a good point, perhaps that "bounce" is a balancing issue, that wording was used in several reviews I read. I wouldn't want to feel like I'm gonna fall over or something lol. I just find it odd that I didn't see much about the purpose of the shoe, rather I kept reading over and over again about the comfort lol. But maybe I was reading comments from the wrong source, that could be. Seems like you could just buy a comfortable shoe then.

If these are so comfortable then perhaps less expensive Sketchers are too.

Last edited by Jacquie668; 10-04-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/267/155

I have them and you can really feel them working your calves. I have terrible posture and they help me to stand up straighter. I like mine and feel they were well worth the money spent.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I was talking to someone who has them and she claimed she loved them and that they were very comfortable and she could really feel her calves working.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #8  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I have read reviews but not found anyone that has them actually lol I have been wondering if they help or not as well.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'2"

I have MBTs which are similar and love them. You really feel your muscles being worked with you walk in these shoes. I bought them about two years ago when a leg injury prevented me from doing anything but walking, although now it's healed and I'm back to jogging. Also they are great for absorbing impact so good if you have back or joint problems to make walking more low impact.
jayjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

I also have MBTs and agree with jayjay.

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/233.2/145

Height: 5'4

I bought these shoe for myself and my husband a few weeks ago and they take a little getting used too but we both love them...I will buy another pair
whip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/171/141

Height: 5'4

I got both, the shape ups and the fitflops and I really love them.
I use the fitflops for walking at home and the shape ups for long exercise walks. I think they do have an extra impact on the leg muscles, posture, etc.
I had mbt before, witch helped me to recover from a knee injury, when physio therapy didn't do any good. The shape ups, however, are a lot less expensive and way more comfy than the mbts.
I don't know if they really help with losing weight - the proper diet is certainly more effective, but I do believe that they help toning the legs.
Fitflops are less wobbly so they may be a good to start with them. Why not give them a try. Some people are not able to get used to such shoes at all, others, like me, don't want to take them off. It is best to try them in the store and then at home for half an hour or so. The store I bought them from offered to take them back, just in case.

Good luck

Soscha
soscha is offline   Reply With Quote