Anyone have a Total Gym??

• I'm just browsing the internet in search for the perfect piece of exercise equipment. I found a Total Gym 1100 on WalMart.com but I would like to know if it works or not before I purchase it. Has anyone had and any experience with this machine??
  • I don't have one but I always thought I would like one. I don't have a lot of space and this looks like it would fill the bill. It also looks like you can do a lot on them.
  • We used to have it but I sold it via craigslist for lack of space. It's good and you have to use it consistently to see results. You use your body weight for resistance. If you're toned then it might not be as beneficial. Have you looked at craigslist? Someone might be selling it cheaper
  • Well it should be good for me then 'cuz I'm definitely not toned! LOL! That's what I need is some resistance training mixed in with some cardio to burn calories. And by using your own body weight as resistance, you don't have to worry with bulky weights or anything. I think I'm gonna give this machine a try, just because I don't have the time for the gym right now. Between that and my treadmill I should be able to whip my a$$ into shape!! If anyone else has had any experience with this machine please share! I would love to hear how much weight you lost while using it, or how many inches or sizes you managed to shed! Thanks you all for the responses!
  • I find sometimes that Amazon.com is good for finding reviews of items. Here are the ones for the piece of equipment you mentioned.

http://www.amazon.com/Total-Gym-C140...owViewpoints=1
  • Total Gym
    Quote: I find sometimes that Amazon.com is good for finding reviews of items. Here are the ones for the piece of equipment you mentioned.

http://www.amazon.com/Total-Gym-C140...owViewpoints=1
    It does have great reviews.

But I want to comment on your great loss !! Outstanding !! Congratulations !!
  • Thanks, although still a work in progress.
  • I bought a knock off version from a friend "the complete gym" and it worked great, it was easy to use and something that could be done while watching tv. But when we moved it, the cable got caught between some things it wasn't supposed to be and eventually the cable snapped and I haven't been able to find away to repair it. But... I only paid $50 for it, I'm not sure how happy I'd be if I paid big money for it.

Really I think that most of the gym equipment out on the market will work if it's used consistantly and not as a clothes rack.
    Good luck
    Sarah in MD
  • I have something called the "Total Body Works 5000" which, I believe I paid $130-ish, new. It is a knock off of the Total Gym, but it works great.

I go through spurts using it, it takes up a lot of floor space if you leave it set up. If I prop it back up, I tend to not pull it down often enough.

I love the concept, with a little creativity, there is no body part that you can't work out.
  • I have one. I am an idiot though. For some reason I feel if I own it it will work... have yet to use it after owning it for over 2 years

I really should learn to use it though. I wish it came with a video or something, I feel overwhelmed by it and wish I could just follow someone's instructions on proper usage and transitioning from one activity to another.
  • Quote: I have one. I am an idiot though. For some reason I feel if I own it it will work... have yet to use it after owning it for over 2 years

I really should learn to use it though. I wish it came with a video or something, I feel overwhelmed by it and wish I could just follow someone's instructions on proper usage and transitioning from one activity to another.
    I work with Total Gym and we have one in our office. Honestly even though i still go to the gym, I use the one in the office if I don't have enough time. Would you like me to make a video tutorial on how to use yours?
  • Quote: I work with Total Gym and we have one in our office. Honestly even though i still go to the gym, I use the one in the office if I don't have enough time. Would you like me to make a video tutorial on how to use yours?
    That would be awesome!! I could never ask you to do that! but if you do I would be thrilled
  • Ok nice we will get one for you guys end of this week!
  • My mom bought one of the first versions of total gym, so I nearly grew up with it in the house. It was somewhat difficult to collapse and store, so we left it set up when we could and it gathered more dust then use do to sheer boredom. If you get the DVD its a little more interesting and it works very well if you use it consistently, but they key is consistency...like with everything in life of course.