3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Sketchers Shape Up Shoes - Anyone tried them?

Old 12-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #46
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 246/219/185

Height: 5'6

I got some the day after Christmas!
First, they are U.G.L.Y. I got the Mary Jane style so I could wear them to work.
When I tried them on at the store, I couldn't believe how wonderful my feet felt. It's like walking on pillows or something. I wore them out of the store (yes, I paid for them
I wore them all day, cleaning the house and running to the mall. When I got home that night and took them off, I noticed two things: my hamstrings and calves were kind of sore-but a "good" sore. Like I had walked stairs for a bit. Second, my feet felt wonderful, and I realized I stand up straight when I'm wearing them.
They really aren't that hard to get used to. It's a funky sensation when you first put them on and you rock back and forth on accident. I also found it weird to drive in them at first, but I've been wearing them for a few days now and I vote yes! Buy them!
I got them at Kohls, on sale for $90. Plus I had a return and some Kohls cash. I would have paid full price for them.

June 1, 2014: 246lbs

Diet (1200 calories/day)
Exercise (Cardio, weights and kickboxing)

I can do this. I WILL DO THIS.

Last edited by dietcokehead98 : 12-30-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: add a pic
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #47
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Nice!!! I will have to try them on now. Thank you!!

Francie

"I'm beautiful in my way. 'Cause God makes no mistakes. I'm on the right track, baby. I was Born This Way"~Lady Gaga <3
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #48

The commercial says they are good for your back and posture.....I was thinking about them just for that! I dont need anything to enhance my exericse cause walking alone is enough for this gal right now ! hehe! But, if they also helped your back and posture while walking then they might be worth it. Wonder if you can find some good deals on them on ebay? might check that out

St. Patrick's Day Challenge on Atkins Board.
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #49
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I was looking at that exact pair at Kohl's. I really want some, but my husband would probably have a heart attack if I spent $90 on shoes!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #50

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
this sorta reminds me of the slim slippers thing, lol. i think its based on the fact that walking on your toes strengthens legs over a long period. my son had surgery last year for heel cord problems. while walking almost completely on his toes for 5 straight years did indeed make his legs SOLID muscle, i doubt wearing these shoes for a few hours a day would do much.
My grandson walks on his toes. His father also does. Could you please give me more info on the heel cord problems. I would like to show this to my daughter.

On a side note I bought Shape Ups and love them! While walking in them takes a couple minutes to get use to. I was able to wear them shopping the day after Christmas with no problems even on the ice! I felt it more in my upper thigh area. I plan on wearing this do my WATP dvds.

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
Albert Einstien

"We do not know the true value of our moments
until they have undergone the test of memory."
Georges Duhamel
In Memory Of Lessofsarahtolove
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #51
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 246/219/185

Height: 5'6

They work for me. They're as ugly as all get out, but they work for me. I posted a pic in another thread.

June 1, 2014: 246lbs

Diet (1200 calories/day)
Exercise (Cardio, weights and kickboxing)

I can do this. I WILL DO THIS.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #52

Height: 5'1

I just got mine & must add that they are very cushiony & comfortable, I do the Sansone walk away the pounds & oh my I can definitely tell my exertion level picked up during my workout over doing the workout w/regular shoes. After sitting down I can feel the tightness in my legs & actually felt my butt getting more of a work out as well plus my feet are not hurting like they used to as i'm very heavy.

Just wanted to add I got mine at glensoutdoors.com for 74.99 & i'm more than happy to share my coupon code for 10% off good till 12/25/10, don't know if it's good for more than 1 use or unlimited. Code: mycard10

Last edited by AnnaHope : 01-07-2010 at 03:46 PM.
AnnaHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #53

I bought a pair in November and I love them. They are so comfortable. I am on my feet a lot during the day and my sister is an R.N. I bought them when I asked her what all the nurses were wearing these days. Nurses always know the most comfortable shoes.

I wear them everyday and have not noticed my gait being different. I am not sure if they make a difference shape wise, but they do keep me from sore feet at the end of the day. They are like walking on cushion all day.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #54

S/C/G: 199/166/140

Height: 5'2"

I got the Therashoe boots from Kmart for 29.99.
I love them! First day I felt it in my calves, second day calves and hips, and by the third day I could feel them working my stomach muscles! I only walk about a mile, mile and a half throughout the day. Can't wait to try them on a continuous walking spree!

Mini Goal

Yeah!
catmalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #55

S/C/G: Highest 211/ticker/144

I have the FitFlops. I've had them over a year, I bought them because I am a BIG flipflop wearer, and wear them pretty much year round unless there is ice or snow outside. They're very comfortable, but I didn't wear them very often because, well, they are sort of ugly(I got the black ones, looking back I probably would have been more happy with a different color). A few months ago, my normal flipflops started wearing out so I was forced to wear the FitFlops more. I've noticed that when walking slowly, I can't feel a difference. But after walking very fast, like while crossing a large store, I could actually feel the burn in my leg a bit--there was no pain or discomfort, but my leg felt like it had gotten a workout for sure.

I've always wished they had a decent covered shoe I could wear to work(I need white, sneaker type shoes), but at the time, last year, they didn't. So when I saw all these articles for the Skechers and all the good reviews, I was about ready to buy a pair when I found *this* article mentioning the Therashoes. I went to Kmart and tried them on.

I had a gift card to Kmart that I'd forgotten to bring with me, so I returned home and ordered them online, plus a pair of the flipflop version(because they look identical to my FitFlops, but they're in white and they were $9.99! I'll let you know how they work out when I get them. I ordered the white clog-version. They're less ugly than the sneaker-version. But who knows, if I like them, I may get the sneaker type too.

Last edited by jhinako : 01-10-2010 at 05:01 PM.
jhinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:34 AM   #56

I bought the Therashoes from Kmart in November 2009 for $29.99 they were having the buy one get one half off sale but my husband wouldn't allow me to get another pair. I have to say that since I have been using these shoes they have really toned up my legs and my bum is more perky.My hubby even commented on my new found "toneness" which is amazing. I do wish that I had bought a different color. I got the all black ones and they look too much like orthotic (sp?) shoes. I would recommend these to anyone.
MoonRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #57
One Day at a Time

S/C/G: 305/299/175

Height: 5ft 6 in

I bought the Therashoe and wore them around Costco and I didn't notice a difference at all. I've since wore them twice more. Not for long walks but still didn't feel anything. I attempted to wear them while doing the WATP DVD this morning and my thighs were killing me in the first 3 minutes. So much so that I had to take them off.
mmacaskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #58
Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 194/194/150

Height: 5'9"

i got the sketchers for my birthday this year (from my boyfriend-- he really knows me, haha. i saw them on tv and went... oooooh coooollllll) and have worn them twice. they do most definitely activate some unused muscles in my legs and caused a lot of soreness the day after wearing them, but not in a terribly bad way--more like in a "oomf, didnt know i had a muscle there" way. i will be wearing them again this weekend for a day out with my mother. they are super comfy, you get this squishy moon-shoe feeling which i like.

overall so far i say they work, to what end they will help in my overall fitness i dont know but i do like them! i would probably go for the reebok-avon-kmart cheaper version if i was purchasing them myself though because they are pretty expensive.

hope this helps if anyone is considering trying shoes like this out!
geewhizkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #59

S/C/G: 300/290/200

I bought a pair about a week ago, and so far I LOVE them!
The boot version is actually really cute and provides more ankle support (which I have a problem with). Besides, the Sketchers outlet had the boots on sale for $75, which is what you would pay for a normal pair of shoes. They were a bit pricey, but they were my christmas present to myself

I can REALLY feel it when I go on my daily walk, so I think they are working. My knee (which I am in PT for, due to a work-related falling down stairs injury) doesn't seem to hurt more than usual. And yesterday I stood in line a the local courthouse for THREE AND A HALF HOURS (I was pissed!) in them with no trouble at all (aside from the fact that it took me all bloody day to take care of a fix-it ticket!)
chikygrl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #60

Wanted to let everyone know Danskin now has their own version. It sells at Walmart for 24.99. It is very lightweight and comfortable. My Therashoes weight more. The first pair of Danskins I had busted some threads on the side figured it must be a fluke so returned them for another pair which are holding up much better. I do feel the Therashoes are made better and hold up VERY well.They have black and white in Danskin shoes and are made of recycled materials.
lynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.