Sketchers Shape Up Shoes - Anyone tried them?

You're on Page 3 of 12
Go to
  • Mine are white with pink trim.

I haven't done my workouts in them.... kinda nervous. Although I do mine barefoot now. I don't think I'd to aerobic type in them because of the injury potential however I do see them being beneficial for toning/weights.
  • I would not do aerobics in them either. Esp step aerobics however racewalking in them is great.
  • Does anyone know anything about Plantar Fasciitis? And if so, would any of the shoes mentioned in the previous posts work to reduce foot/heel pain caused by PF???
  • This article from CNN might be of help

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/12...ref=newssearch

They basically say the shoes don't work.
  • Quote: Does anyone know anything about Plantar Fasciitis? And if so, would any of the shoes mentioned in the previous posts work to reduce foot/heel pain caused by PF???
    I've had a lot of problems with this myself, and bought a pair of Crocs Cloud, which are from their "medical" line of crocs, designed by podiatrists. My feet have never felt better! I also bought the Crocs Relief which are recommended for PF but I prefer the Cloud.
  • I used Shape Ups, not for weight loss but because they correct your posture and ensure that when I walk I am walking correctly.

I have major back issues and they are fantactic for this, I was recommended to get MBTs but Shape Ups are so much more affordable
  • The trail that I use for my walks is a "gravel" trail. It is made of crushed asphalt pieces and they are very sharp. Can someone who has the therashoes or the skechers tell me if they think the soles would be able to handle this please? I've already destroyed a couple pairs of shoes on this trail, so right now I am using cheap ($20) walking shoes from wal-mart because I don't want to tear up anything that cost much.
  • The soles on the Therashoes hold up VERY well. I bought 2 pair and alternate them as is a good thing to do with all workout shoes. They are also only 34.99 and when Kmart has the special sale buy 1 get one half off is an excellent time to get them. My legs have really toned up since wearing them. I have lose an extra inch in a month and a half of wearing them but note I also walk ALOT.
  • I think the therashoes would hold up great. They soles are very thick.

This past month I've lost two inches around my thighs, 1/2 inch around my knees and another 1/2 inch on my calves. I think it's the shoes. I've lost a little bit everywhere else too, but TWO inches on my thighs is far & above my expectations.
  • Liz,

I also believe its the shoes as last year wearing fitflops and NOT changing my diet I lost THREE inches on my upper legs and this year wearing Therashoes I lost an inch over the past month and a half. I have also dropped an entire pants size. Despite what some news sources may say I KNOW they work for ME.
  • Shape Ups
    I bought a pair last week while in Las Vegas on vacation. My heel has been KILLIng me since late July and I didn't know how I was going to get around much longer. My tennies were NO help. A friend had had these on earlier in the trip and loved them; made her back problems a lot better.

I went and tried them on and instantly the pressure on my heel was relieved. I had to go to THREE stores to get the style/size I needed and finally just settled on the black/white ones as I knew I wouldn't last much longer on my feet.

They are WONDERFUL to walk on. I can't testify to shaping me up since it's only been a week, but wow, I can move and without constantly feeling like I just want to sob....

I don't know that i want the whole collection, but in a few weeks if I'ms till as happy, I'm off to buy a white mesh pair with some cool stripes!!
  • I might give these a shot - thanks for all of the reviews! My podiatrist actually suggested I wear heels to help relieve plantar fascitis...but because of the shape of my feet, 'normal' heels typically fly right off of my feet when I walk. Thanks, again!!
  • Shape Ups by Sketchers
    Does anyone have them? Do they work? I remember 20/20 did a story on FitFlops, but my mind is a little fuzzy on what the outcome was on those. So I'm a little curious about Shape Ups..
  • I have been curious about this too. I tried some on in the store but did not have the $100 to shell out at the time. They were suprizingly comfortable, and do give the sense of having to work harder to push off (like walking barefoot in sand, kinda). I'd love to hear from someone who has them if they are worth the money.
  • For 100 bucks, they better be worth it, lol.