Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/240/180

Height: 5'5"

Cool Slimquick

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone has used slim quick, what you thought of it, any side effects or something about it you didn't like?

Thanks
aphimira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/179/165

Height: 5'5

I tried them. I did not really care for them. They made me jittery. I am usually a coffee drinker,but 1 pill is equal to 1 cup of coffee. I ended up takening them back for a full refund after trying them for a week. The only thing I did like about them is you do not retain water.
rasta4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:46 AM   #3  
Inspired

S/C/G: 275 / 208 / 135

I used it once for about a month, I saw no results or felt any different than I already had. Kind of a mediocre product imo.
Minya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/240/180

Thanks for your response. I feel the same way Minya!
aphimira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #5  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

Hey,

I have been taking the SlimQuick products for a few weeks now and I've lost 15 pounds so far. I started off using the cleanse which helped me lose 7 pounds of waste and helped me to stop retaining water. It's not a miracle pill it does however give me a lot of energy to exercise which I really need.
SouthernGal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/180/150

Height: 5'6"

I tried it before my wedding... I guess I gained a little weight after the 1st fitting... I lost a decent amount of weight, but within 2 weeks of not taking them (found out I was pregnant) I gained it all back.
dellerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/164/120

Height: 5'0"

Please be very careful with anything advertised as "boosting your metabolism" as it can increase your blood pressure to dangerous levels.

I've only had high blood pressure since hitting the "obese" range and even a second cup of coffee in a day makes my heart race, dizzy, jittery, etc.

I tried Slimquick and a few similar products before I knew about my blood pressure and gave up on all of them after one or two doses because the side effects were so scary.
tiggycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #8  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I don't think it is everyone's miracle, I know there are people that it doesn't work for (my sister-in-law is one of them), but for me it really works. I started on SlimQuick on February 17, I stayed on it that time until April 8 and I had lost exactly 20 pounds. I went off of it meaning to only be off of it during Easter but I ended up staying off of it for nearly 3 months and I was also eating whatever I wanted, including Easter candies such as cadbury eggs and spent a couple weeks on a steroid medicine. During all that I only gained back 5.6 pounds. I started again on July 3 and have lost those 5.6 pounds again plus another 19.4.

When I very first started it back in February I did not actually try to change my eating habits because I was very curious about the SlimQuick and wanted to see what would happen if I took it, but continued eating what I wanted. What happened was that what I wanted changed. The crap that I used to eat tastes bad to me when I take the SlimQuick and things like zucchini (my new fav food) taste wonderful. I can't stand the taste of non-diet mountain dew these days and I used to drink 6-10 a day. I never did find out if I would lose weight on SlimQuick without diet changes because when I'm on it I just can't bring myself to eat the crap food. That is why I was going to go off of it for Easter, because I wanted the ability to eat Easter candies and such. I think it also helps with my energy levels, but I'm not sure because the improved energy could be from the improved quality of food that SlimQuick inflicts upon me. My mood has also improved and so have my "girl problems". My docs know about my SlimQuick use and they approve of it, they are very proud of my healthy changes. I will forever be thankful to a woman who came through my line purchasing it while I was working at Wal-Mart and when I asked her about it she took the time to tell me how it had worked for her. She said she had been a size 18 when she started and she looked to me to be a 6 or 8 at the time. She swore by the stuff, so I tried it and now I am frequently explaining it to cashiers who ask me when I buy it. Like I said before, I know it doesn't work for everyone, but it does work for some and I am definitely one of them. I plan on staying on it until I reach goal.

I will end commercial mode now and am sorry for such a long post, but if anyone has a question about it that I might be able to answer please feel free to pm me and ask.

Roxy
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #9  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Didn't work for me.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

I tried SlimQuick right before I went on birth control. I wanted something to help me with water retention while I waited for my insurance to come through so I could get to the OBGYN, yadda yadda.

I had a bad experience with it. I got the shakes and was dizzy, feeling unwell. I also had more anxiety, what I think is the level of caffeine and other ingredients did not set well with me. Obviously I stopped taking it as soon as those symptoms started and voila, I was feeling much better afterward. Now I'm on BC, so my water retention and hormones and such are being handled by that. At the time I wanted something to help me as SlimQuick was advertised as helping women with womanly problems, including water retention, which I had problems with monthly.

One thing to note, that when I got my SlimQuick it did have a bit of information about healthy eating, being active, and more. So, it wasn't just "take this pill and you'll lose weight." They stress continuing to change into a better and healthy lifestyle is a key thing. However, for me the pills were bad, but that is just me.

I've lost weight by just trucking along with my lifestyle change, no dietary pills, but I am in hormonal balance now. So, that sort of was a big deal for me.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote