Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 11-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/142/125

Height: 5'7"

Question Questions about a Flush

I was looking around and found some information about a saltwater flush that is done with sea salt or mineral salt I think. I was wandering if anyone had any experience with this or knows of this. I was considering doing it but I don't want to risk it before getting some testimony or something.
endora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Why do you think you need a flush?
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #3  

I have been changing my diet in general and was thinking of doing a cleanse or a flush to help clean the impurities and maybe help with bloating. More than anything is the cleansing. I really want to give my body some help here because I have really screwed up with it sometimes.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Sounds very dangerous. Drinking sea water will dehydrate you. So you'll lose weight due to water. Your kidneys cannot make urine concentrated enough to clear the salt without losing more water than you drank. Seizures and coma are no fun.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Your body does not need to be "cleansed" ... it is designed to keep itself balanced and "detoxed" through the regular process of digestion and elimination. If you feel bloated or icky, then just eating clean (lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and lean proteins) and drinking water will do so much more for you than any "cleanse" will.

And quite frankly many of these so called "cleanses" are dangerous in that they can actually strip your body of needed healthy bacteria in your digestive system.

Avoid anything that calls itself a "flush" or a "cleanse" or a "detox". You don't need it.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #6  

In normal cases, our bodies don't need cleanses. That's what we have kidney's and other organs for. If you have kidney damage that's another story. A lot of businesses and individuals make big $$$ trying to convince us that we have all this build up inside our bodies. We don't. There's nothing to flush. If you're really trying to keep your body healthy and clean, I would recommend a clean eating way of life. Eat mostly fresh and unprocessed foods. If you can't shoot, grow, or catch it (or if it's dairy) it's not worth eating.

If you want to do a fast for religious reasons or some other reason unrelated to diet and weight loss I think it's great. But those flushes and cleanes out there are just bologna and once you start eating again you gain the weight back.

Sea salt... hmmm, not sure about that one. It does seem like it would do some damage to your kidney's, but I'm no dr. Seems to me that a sea salt "flush" would do the opposite - it would cause water retention and weight "gain."

Out of curiosity, how do they say the sea salt cleanses you?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #7  

Oh, PhotoChick beat me. Sorry.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6.5

I have had to do the gall bladder flush before. That did involve sea salt as well. but oh man...was it miserable. I wouldn't suggest ANYONE doing ANY kind of flush if it was not medically necessary. I spent many hours in the bathroom very miserable.
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #9  

Thank God I posted this. Ive been fixing up the crap I eat s I will just wait for my body to clean itself then. I am going to try and work more fruit and vegetables. More than weight loss I'm trying to get healthier so not going to try something that is just going to get me worse. Thank you everyone.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/239/155

Wink

My daughter tried to do a salt flush and could not do it. She had to drink so much sea salt with water that she was almost throwing up and then she had to drink a laxitive tea along with it. That wasen't bad. But she only lasted 1 day. If you can handle starving and drinking salt water one person she did it with managed to do it for I think 4 days and lost 10lbs but went back to eating and gained it all back. The only thing I think it's good for is a colon cleanse and maybe to jump start a diet. Maybe!!!!
wanttobethinandtrim is offline   Reply With Quote