NUphedrine?

• Anyone tried this? I just received my first box, and starting tomorrow, ive read a lot of great reviews, and some not so great--none having bad side effects--it seems to either work, or not work (duh) but no jitters etc.

Anyone have any personal experience with this?
  • Please check with your doctor before taking this product.

The product contains synephrine, also known as bitter orange. It's on Consumer Reports Dirty Dozen list of most dangerous supplements and any product containing it should be avoided.

They also claim it contains hoodia. First, there is no real hoodia gordonii in any products claiming to contain hoodia because it is illegal to export hoodia gordonii from Africa for weight loss products. If it were, then there would be a problem because there is more so-called hoodia on the market that is actually growing on the planet. Plus, hoodia only works if you consume a 4 inch chunk of the fresh plant prior to a long hunt in the desert

Second, the real hoodia gordonii has undergone extensive testing by major pharmaceutical companies Pfizer and Unilever. (These are the ONLY pharmaceutical companies that have engaged in such research) They've spent many millions of dollars and both have abandoned the idea of marketing hoodia products. The latest safety tests showed it was dangerous.

If you browse this forum (Does it Work) you'll find lots of posts by people that have tried various supplements and have never found success. There have also been a lot of articles in the news lately about diet supplements not working, or being dangerous, contaminated, etc.

Nothing is safer and more effective than old fashioned diet and exercise. It's too bad that there are companies out there willing to try to make us believe otherwise, just for a buck
  • I don't know about this particular product, but I have taken synephrine on it's own. It didn't really do anything for me... I felt hungry (or had cravings like usual) and exercised,(or didn't exercise) the same. I didn't feel any side effects good or bad. I drink alot of coffee and tea, so I may tolerate stimulants more easily.

wanted to add to what Suzanne said, old fashioned exercise and diet. I'm always tempted to try those diet pills, the before and afters suck you in, and I visit the bodybuilding forums where they are popular... but they are expensive, and remember realistically you can't stay on them forever, even if they do work, as soon as you stop you have to deal with the diet and exercise on your own anyway and you are more likely to gain the weight back when you no longer have the pill's help.
  • Quote: I'm always tempted to try those diet pills, the before and afters suck you in
    A Hollywood producer told me that they hire fitness models and photograph the "after" photos then pay them to gain weight for the "before" photos.
  • Quote: A Hollywood producer told me that they hire fitness models and photograph the "after" photos then pay them to gain weight for the "before" photos.
    Yep Ive heard the same thing, one was really funny though--becuse it was so obvious it was 2 dif people. As the before had a star tattoo on her right shoulderblade, and in the after it was on her left shoulder blade LOL!

The "smarts" in me tells me diet pills are useless, but the "i need it" side of me, well you know LOL! I used to take stacker2's and they worked well for a month, then id stop, i think the yo yo back and forth made me immune to them, because they do nothing now oh well, back to the mundane excersizing lol!