Emotional Freedom Technique

• Has anyone tried this as a means of supporting weight loss?

If so, can you please let me know about your experiences of it and if you found it worthwhile. I have received a fairly hefty manual which is designed to help you understand and practice the technique at a beginner's level but I think it's fair to say I am viewing it with a healthy dose of scepticism at the moment. Before I dive in and plough through the manual , it would be helpful to know the thoughts of those who have experienced it.

Thanks!
  • I have never heard of it. Is it a book that is out?
  • Janga,

this is the definition I was given:

Emotional Freedom Technique is a psychotherapeutic alternative medicine tool based on a theory that negative emotions are caused by disturbances in the body's energy field and that tapping on the meridians while thinking of a negative emotion alters the body's energy field, restoring it to "balance."

Basically, it is about resolving underlying emotional issues to help people deal with the symptoms - and is used to combat a whole host of things like eating disorders, fears/phobias and anxiety. A friend received this treatment via a therapist to help her over bereavement when her dad died and she was fairly positive about it.

The manual I received came from this site:

http://loseweight.emofree.com/