Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 227/225/147

Height: 5'7"

Guys thanks for letting me know abut my fitness coach I am really enjoying it so far, I do see what you mean that after a while I will need to switch it up but for now just starting out it's perfect! Thank you again!
Vivify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I was up early this morning and went online, they now have much better video of Active Sports, it looks awesome! I can't wait to try it! Maybe I'll start using my balance board a little more again. I just don't get as much out of the Wii Fit at this point. I still do it at least once a week, but it's much too easy for the most part now.

Has anyone else checked it out? You can tailor your workout by selecting which exercises you want to do as well as the intensity of each exercise!
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 208/178/120

Height: 5'0

i can't wait for ea sports active to come out. i've been counting down the days quite literally.

i've been hittin the wii fit every day for the last two weeks. it was gathering dust until last month. i didn't like my fitness coach too much. i still haven't sent it back to gamefly, though. i keep hoping it'll grow on me.
labellaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 176/153.5/135

I love my wii fit! I get on it just before dinner, after dinner, or while I'm cooking and any other time I want or there's nothing on tv. I LOVE the balance games, particularly the soccer, I finally got a perfect score and now I keep repeating it in the beginner and got a perfect score on the advance twice. It has really helped out with back fat. I did it one night for about 45 min and the next 3 days my sides were killing me, but I look so much better. I lost 3 in my waist & 4 in from my belly in a month. The boxing is also great, I have lost over 2 inches in my arms in a month from the boxing and just doing regular walking, no weights. I have tried most of the games, do some yoga and I consistently do 20-30 jacknives with it's counter-activities.
I will get on and spend an hour and not even realize that much time had gone by, I absolutely love it.
I must say though, you won't like it if you aren't motivated! I got it right after Christmas and used it for the first couple of weeks, then didn't touch it. When I started my actual weight loss program, I fell in love with it again and use it all the time. You have to search for what is right for YOU. =)
Please keep my updated on the new things available. I only have what came with it and have been extremely satisfied but I am open to anything else that would make me work even harder. Thanks!
WantingToChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #50  

I love Wii and my WiiFit. I also have the Jillian Michaels game, she likes to make me feel like crap though with her attitude I really want My Fitness Coach and Wii Exercise that is going to be coming out
thesimonsens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #51  

i just got the golds gym! wow that it fun to! i have to be able to rotate games and have battles with the boyfriend to keep me in to being active! i also can`t wait for the eb active to come out!! woot woot may 19th is soon!!
Old 05-12-2009, 04:49 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 130kg/124kg/95kg

Height: 177cm

This is a great thread. I love the Wii Fit, it's my main form of exercise when it's too hot to get out of the house with the kids.

Since the Wii isn't region free, I can't use most North American software. We have Family Trainer which just isn't as good as Fitness Trainer I don't think. I have been pretty disappointed in the offerings. But from the recommendations on this thread I looked up the new ones. Gold's Gym won't be offered in Japan but EA Sports Active will! I just preordered mine. Woohoo!
tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:07 AM   #53  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hi tenshi and welcome.

Being in Japan, I'd expect that you'd have more options! EA Sports will be released here shortly and I'm excited to see the reviews of it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

I would think that the number of Japanese fitness games would depend on how the Japanese view weightloss. I know diets are big but I'm not sure about excercise once you get out of school. Got to visit a friend of mine in Nagasaki last year and one of the things that struck me was I didn't see any gyms or any joggers even. People looked at us funny for strapping on the tennies and heading out. Course I'm a large caucasian redhead so we got looked at funny plenty anyway
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:15 AM   #55  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Just getting started on my weight loss journey, and have been having a really hard time getting the motivation to exercise. I've been a pretty hard core PC video gamer for years, so picked up the WiiFit today hoping if I meld my beloved games into a workout as well that this might just be the way to get off my butt in front of the computer and up and moving.

I do LOVE the Wii boxing, so after reading all these posts I think I'm going to have to pick up the Golds Gym and My Fitness coach. I've been eyeballing the new EA Sports Active and that's what finally got me into the store for the WiiFit.

I'm excited. I love getting new games (especially with the added bonus of sneaking exercise in) and I needed something to offset my Guitar Hero time :P
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #56  
Night Shift chickie!

S/C/G: 189/159.6/150

Height: 5'6

kinda late in the game, but...i got the wii fit over a year ago. i hardly ever use it, except to weigh myself, but i barely do that. the fitness game that comes with it is fun for about a week or two, but it gets pretty boring, and there is noooo continuity. you have to stop what youre doing and navigate through the menus everytime you want to do a different routine, or yoga move.

dont waste your money on the jillian michaels game. biggest waste of time. i think i did it twice. i dont need to pay 40 bucks to watch a 3d chick run in place.

but i do like my fitness coach. i only use it for the yoga, havent tried the strength training, or aerobics. but if i do dust off the wiifit, thats the game i always put in.

sidenote** if you dont have a wii, but a different console, i work up quite a sweat on dance dance revolution. they even have calorie burn mode that 'counts' youre calories burned.

just my 2 cents!
sassybangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

That's what I like about the EA active Sports. It shows online that you can customize your workout by picking which activities you want to do and then it just runs through that program.

I don't use the Fit much anymore. I do the cardio boxing and the fitness trainer. I really can't wait until the other one comes out Tuesday, I've been dying to try it for a while now! There are a lot of videos on the trials online and it looks really really good! I also like that you can have 2 people doing it at the same time.
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 157/147/137

Height: 5' 4"

I ordered Golds Gym Cardio Boxing and it arrives today. All of the reviews on it have been really good so I'm looking forward to adding it to my exercise routine.
SheilaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 268/252/185

Height: 5'8

My cousin just bought it yesterday..I will let ya know if its worth it..I've heard good things about it so far..
cutebear09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #60  

I am so excited that EA active comes out tomorrow I did not pre order it but I am sure they will have one in when I go to get it! I didn't know that 2 people could do it at the same time! WOW that is kinda cool my boyfriend and I Play the wii fit all the time and have competitions to make it more interesting! I am to stoked that we can play the new EA active together! that is an awsome feature!

:c arrot: