3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   K20 Protein Water (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/164898-k20-protein-water.html)

LoserLisa 02-19-2009 01:49 PM

K20 Protein Water

Just wanted to say I love this water by Kellogg's. 5g of protein and I really do think it helps curb hunger.

Mandylyn 02-19-2009 01:53 PM

Thanks for your input!! I haven't tried these yet but was interested!! Anything to not have to drink plain water and keep me away from the snacks ;)

mj5 02-19-2009 03:21 PM

I really like this too..especially when I get home from the gym and I'm making dinner. I think it helps, that way I'm not snacking while I'm cooking!

Amarantha2 02-21-2009 09:47 PM

At last something in this section of the forum that I can say I indulge in (as opposed to diet pills) :) !!!

I like the Special K Protein Water also and not to fall for a marketing ploy (ok, falling for it), it does for me exactly what it says on the bottle, takes the edge off hunger. :)

Ok, so would food, but this is a tasty drink that I like that has a teeny bit of fiber and protein in it, probably I should not be having the artificial sweeteners but anyway, I like the drink.

I do not consider it any kind of a weight loss supplement or product or magic pill thingie, though, just to clarify.

Reddalice 03-01-2009 04:35 PM

It definitely keeps hunger at bay, however, I have a hard time finding flavors that appeal to me. I bought Ice Tea this pay day and hated it- and I am a huge ice tea fan. Though, when it comes to getting hungry too soon or in a place where I don't have access to healthy food- I'll take Special K.

iriswhispers 03-01-2009 05:06 PM

I have a night class one day a week and last week I had one of these during class... I really was less ravenous by the time I got home for dinner.

kelly315 03-01-2009 05:15 PM

how many calories does it have?

kiki100 03-01-2009 05:17 PM

I drink the pink lemonade and think it's pretty good!! I find it works to take "the edge off" also.

Daimere 03-01-2009 05:59 PM

I LOVE it. I was starving a bit ago and drank some and was full for an hour. Also, they are great for when I'm craving and wanting my boyfriends ice tea.

Amarantha2 03-01-2009 06:14 PM

Kelly, I only get the ready to drink varieties, not the packets, so I don't know about the packets' calories, but the bottles are 50 cals per bottle.

iriswhispers 03-01-2009 07:39 PM

30 cals for the pink lemonade packets

RN BSN 2009 03-01-2009 07:50 PM

I prefer the south beach diet tide me over packets. they are often 2 for $5 so they make I think 7 drinks which is much less expensive than having to buy the special k water.

Amarantha2 03-02-2009 05:21 PM

I've used the South Beach ones also and they are good, but I think I like the ready to drink products best rather than the ones mixed with water, which I then have to buy as the free water where I live isn't palatable. So with the ready to drink, Special K, I get protein, fiber, and water in a container all ready to go and no messy powders, lol. But yea, that's a good savings if one doesn't have to pay for the water and container.

The Special K has a powdered form, but I haven't really noted the prices.