Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/130/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Acai Berry Pure and Total Cleanse Bromalite -- does it work?

We've all seen those little ads everywhere that say "1 Flat Stomach Rule: Obey". I'm sure I'm not the only one who has clicked on it to see what it's all about (Acai Berry Pure and Total Cleanse Bromalite).

Crazy thing is, I am considering doing a 30-day trial.

So does anyone have any experience or heard anything about the Acai Berry Pure and Total Cleanse Bromalite "weight loss plan"?

Now I do want to say that I am looking at trying this in order to SUPPLEMENT my current diet and exercise program.

I currently work out every single day (except Thursdays) rotating between HIIT cardio and endurance cardio. I also lift weights 2-3 times a week and work my abs 3-4 times a week.

I keep a very close watch on my calories using an online journal and try my best to eat only whole and natural foods. I also avoid salt, sugar, and fat as much as possible (except for the MUFA fats found in nuts and oils).

I don't have very much weight to lose and I kind of feel stuck. So as I said, I'd be looking at this as a supplement to jump-start getting rid of those last few pounds around the midsection.

So: Anyone have any comments on this?
beau159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/216/110

Height: 5'1"

I tried the Acai berry, but didn't pay enough attention to it, and so far haven't bothered with the Total Cleanse.

However, please do not order from the ad. If you want to try it, please go to a store-if it's too expensive, maybe you know someone who would like to go in on it with you? (sometimes me and my mom do this if we want to try something and it's rather expensive)

I clicked on the ad, was suckered into it. They will charge you ridiculous amounts if you don't cancel. However, the Acai berry place was easier to deal with in cancelling-Total Cleanse was not.

They charged my card twice within 5 or so days, the second charge was after I cancelled. They said they'd refund me, but when I called to inquire about it, they refused. In the end I had to file an unauthorized charge with my bank and it took 3 months to resolve.

Best of luck if you do decide to try it (from a store or otherwise)
spunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #3  
it's always something

Acai berries don't help with weight loss. The ads you viewed are full of lies and they are legally allowed to do it because they are unregulated. It's a gimmick to sell more product

Acai berries only true claim to fame would be the very high levels of antioxidants that may help protect us against cancer and other diseases.

From what I understand, you need fresh or frozen acai products to get the maximum benefit. Drying the acai can destroy most of the antioxidants. Freeze drying can retain them, but it's hard to find freeze dried acai. Even then, there's no proof yet that acai protects us any more than other foods high in antioxidants such as blueberries. More doesn't always mean better, which is becoming more evident as further studies knock down more supplements. There is no recommended dosage yet, so you won't know if you are getting the right amount from an acai supplement.

If you are interested in acai, go to your local health food store and you'll find freeze dried supplements, fresh acai juice, and frozen acai pulp. It's still expensive, but not as expensive ad the one advertised and you won't get ripped off like you are guaranteed to be if you order from the company you looked at. There is no such thing as a free trial, according to their terms of purchase. You will be billed unusually high fees within days of placing your order, and you will also be billed for 'piggyback' offers that you will not agree to. You will battle it out with your credit card. The only weight you'll lose will be from wringing your hands and pacing back and forth while on the phone with your credit card customer service.

Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #4  

The same thing happened to my friend when she ordered.They charged her credit card twice and she had made multiple calls to cancel.I would not do this.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

The most recent Acai 'products' all seem very scammy. Acai berry in its natural form isn't a weight loss supplement but it is a great antioxidant. Diet pills are coming out everywhere claiming Acai and that its a weight loss miracle, which it isn't and the diet pills are just a remix of old diet pills that didn't work previously.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/130/125

If I did end up ordering, I was going to be very careful about the billing because I'm sure they automatically set you up on autobill and autoship and all that.

I have been wanting to get into the Acai Berry for a while. A trainer told me about Mona Vie which is a liquid supplement of the Acai Berry for the antioxidant and vit/min benefits. Maybe when the day comes that I am not living on student loans and going to school, I can order it.

I wonder how the Acai Berry Pure differs from Mona Vie?

Those ads just draw in you though ..... makes you wish there was something true like that out there.
beau159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #7  
Empress/Queen

When ads draw me in and make me wish there was something like that out there, that's a huge red flag for me that there isn't something like that out there.

Acai is just a berry that used to be exotic and now isn't, sort of like kiwi fruit used to be decades ago but now it's a staple. I like the juice in products I've bought in the grocery store, although most of those have disappeared from my local store and I'm not sure why that is.

I personally do not know of any reason not to drink acai for the refreshing taste, but I wouldn't bet the farm that it has any magic weight loss value.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Your best bet is to buy dried acai berries, they are the closest thing you can get to the natural berry. I've seen dried acai berries in the health food stores around here. Goji berries too although I've seen frozen goji berries. Acai berries just don't translate to a pill very well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Thanks for the idea, Nelie.

I bet I'd like the dried berries in a homemade muffin.

I'll check Sprouts to see if they have them.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote