Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 11-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/see ticker/130

Height: 5-2

Default Slimquick

Anyone use slimquick? I need something to curve my appitite because I will eat just to eat. Any suggestions pros or cons?
Thanks!
Shannonk1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

If your problem is eating when you aren't hungry, an appetite suppressant (even if it worked, which most of them out there don't) isn't going to solve your problem. You won't have any appetite, but you'll still eat just to eat.

So what can you do? Maybe try some behavioral modification...practicing ways to NOT eat when you're not hungry. For me, planning my meals in advance and having approximate eating times works well. At 9, I eat breakfast, at 11 I eat my snack, at 1:30 I eat my lunch, at 3:30 I eat another snack...you see where I'm going. The next step is sticking to that plan.

If you're eating not because you're hungry, but because you want to eat, an appetite suppressant won't work.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

I have used both slimquick and slimquick extreme in the past. I actually preferred the regular versus the extreme.

When I used the regular, my appetite did become smaller. I did not work out at all when I was on this, and I lost probably anywhere between 10-15 pounds. The minute I stopped taking it though and went back to my "old routine" I gained all the weight back and then some. I thought it worked perfectly fine for what I was using it for, and it did what it was supposed to do.

The extreme on the other hand, tasted a little bit better (the regular has some sort of chalky taste to it whereas the extreme has a cherry scent/taste) but it didn't do half the job of the regular, which I thought was weird since its supposed to be a souped up version anyways.

The only thing I honestly recommend, is ALOT of people think that when they take these diet pills they can just stuff their face and it won't matter. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. I would recommend slimquick all day because its made entirely for just women, which is good. Just watch what you eat and you should be fine. Just my 2 cents on the subject.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:52 PM   #4  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

My experience only comes from this pill I used that was supposed to be an appetite suppressant, from a cactus somewhere. My problem was I was eating too much and all the time because I simply loved the taste of food. So it didn't work. It really depends on you I guess. If celi girl says it does suppress the appetite then it will work if your appetite is what's making you eat. If it's for other reasons, my bet is it wont work.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:12 PM   #5  

Beautiful Ace also made me remember one thing that actually works for me but may not work for you. Your supposed to take it 6 hours between each pill. So I usually take one at 9 before I go to the gym, and then again at 3. I usually make sure I take it before I eat. The thing that I wanted to add was if you take it before you eat, and you eat more than you should be eating, it will actually make you not feel good. It may not be a side effect so to say, but it helps me realize when I'm eating just to eat. It makes me realize, that I should stop eating when I feel that "full feeling" when I'm eating. It may help for me and not you, but thought I should add that also.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/175/155

Height: 5'5"

I add the slimquick powder to my water. I love the taste and because I drink more water I found that I eat less.
bikini bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #7  

How is the powder? I got two packets one in my slimquick cleanse, and then another in my regular slimquick. Is it ok to use it while on the slimquick or are you supposed to use that by itself?
Old 12-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #8  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

I tried slimquick tablets recently, and after using it for 3 weeks, I stopped. I was extremely shaky, I threw up driving home from work one time (right after taking it) and it didn't curb my appetite at all. I did drop about 8lbs, but I also workout 6 days/week and follow WW.
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #9  
Better,Faster,Stronger

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

I have tried the powder that you add to bottled water and I like it for 2 reasons,one being it is effective beating bloat and it does curb hunger just enough to get ya through.I am VERY sensitive to diet products such as this and Im sure the pill form would have me shaky but the powder is very nice for the puffiness when that TOM comes around!
Keldug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:00 AM   #10  

Height: 5ft6'

I have used the slim quick extreem and I does nothing for my appetite but it gives me loads of energy to workout, clean house, work, ect. I tend to eat better because I am more active and I feel more motivated because of all the energy......But I can not sleep if I take it. So I don't take the 6 pills a day it recommends. I take 1 or 2 a half hour before I work out.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/175/155

Height: 5'5"

I love the powder. Sometimes its hard to drink 8 glasses but with the powder I can drink a ton of water. I tried the pills too but I didn't see any results.
bikini bod is offline   Reply With Quote