Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 07:54 PM   #1  
Body-for-Lifer

Default Lipotropics?

I bought some on eBay, I wondered if these things worked. They claim to not have any side effects, and all of my google research on it turned out that it actually seems like it would work. It doesnt have Ephedra (Ma-Huang) and is stimulant free...
Old 11-30-2002, 01:02 PM   #2  
it's always something

It's generally safe to say that these products never work. Their primary purpose is to make money, and they encourage reselling. I just did a little google research, and all I could find were claims by the sites that sell the products, which should never be trusted because it is biased. You should always look for research on medical websites.

These products contain ingredients which some (or one) studies hinted that they might have a slight effect on weight issues under some circumstances. Does that sound vague enough? This is usually the case with the majority of weight loss supplements. Since the products are not regulated by the FDA, the manufacturers play up the claims to increase sales.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:33 AM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Who was it that said "There is nothing new under the sun"?

If you check the feedback of the sellers on eBay who are selling these 'miracle diet pills' (the unbelievable titles of LOSE 95 LBS BY JAN!! are enough to keep me from even looking at them - I wonder how eBay allows this crap to be listed?) you'll see that the 'positives' for the most part are for 'fast shipment' or 'prompt service' and NOT for the effectiveness of the pills themselves.

Save your money. There are NO SUPPLEMENTS OUT THERE THAT WORK - you might lose a few pounds due to the speed effect but as soon as your body and metabolism adjust to the supplement, the effects will wear off pretty quickly. In fact you can screw up your metabolism BIG TIME with these pills - making it MORE difficult to lose fat! So be warned...
Old 12-05-2002, 10:24 PM   #4  
Body-for-Lifer

Well, I bought em, and ive been taking them for over 2 weeks now, not a pound lost. Hope that helps anyone
Old 12-06-2002, 09:08 AM   #5  
it's always something

Thank you for letting us know. I'm sorry you lost money, but I hope your message helps others avoid the same fate.

Good luck
Closed Thread