Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/177/155

Height: 5'5"

Default HGC Diet

Anyone else see about this on the Mike & Juliet morning show? I have read a lot of success. I would be afraid to do it. Has anyone tried it?
Old 09-01-2008, 10:00 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Do you mean hcg? The one where you get shots and eat 500 calories per day?
Old 09-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #3  

Opppss Yes!!

HCG
Old 09-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I would be afraid to try it too. Sounds horrible!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #5  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

I have never heard of this "diet" before. I just Googled it and... Holy !! That is one scary nasty looking plan. Never mind the drastically low number of calories and all the restrictions one must endure; how could anyone think that injecting oneself with HCG is a good idea. I wonder what nasty effects this will show, in years to come.

And, what is to prevent someone from gaining all the weight back as soon as the program is over. There seems to be no support to teach proper nutrition and good maintenance habits.

This looks like a dangerous, difficult, expensive program that is doomed to failure, long term.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #6  
it's always something

The injections are not FDA approved as a weight loss method, so getting them may end up more of a legal issue than a weight issue.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #7  

Its all from Dr Simeons "Pounds and Inches" that he did research on. A lot of people have lost weight. They even have people demonstrating on You Tube. I cant get past the part of injecting a hormone inside my body that comes from who knows where?? I cannot believe the weight loss though. Its incredible. The 500 calorie is temporary, supposedly this "resets" your body.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #8  

Default Hcg

from Dr Simeons Pounds and inches. Anyone tried or heard of this?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

http://www.dietscam.org/reports/hcg.shtml

One of the most enlightening books I ever read was by Dr. Dean Edell, a doctor who does television and radio in the SF Bay Area. He was employed as a doctor by an organization giving the HCG shots at centers, and revealed some of the problems with the "science" behind them. He was working at centers based on Dr. Simeon's plan, and openly stated the problems with the shots...that they don't work, that when people complained about energy they gave them saline shots for the placebo effect, etc. Bad news.

There have been over 30 years of studies on HCG. None of them showed any changes in weight loss, except, supposedly, studies conducted personally by Dr. Simeons, who obviously had a financial stake in the results.

Any weight loss is from the 500 calories a day part of the plan, which is dangerously unhealthy. Very Low Calorie DIets (defined as under 800 calories a day) have serious health risks, need to be severely controlled for nutritional deficiencies, and are generally only used in severe cases of obesity where the risks of remaining so obese are greater than the risks of the diet itself.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

If you want to truly know about diet plans that work, I'd look at our maintainers forum where people have lost weight and maintained that weight loss. As far as I know, none of our maintainers have used diet pills (or injections or extreme diets) to lose and maintain weight.
Closed Thread