Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #1  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Default lida daidaihua

I just ordered these diet pills from Amazon. I've heard positive and negative reviews from these pills. Has anybody tried them and gotten good results?
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Looking at the ingredients I notice 3 things immediately.
1) Diuretic ingredient so that you lose water and will see a scale drop from water weight
2) A laxative so that your bowels empty and you will see a scale drop from emptying your bowels
3) A questionable stimulant, read the following for more information:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet...ss_Supplement/

Also if you do choose to take these pills, be very careful if you have an existing heart condition or are taking other medication. The bitter orange can be dangerous.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #3  
Ashley

Thank you very much Nelie. I'm not taking any other medications or have any existing heart conditions. Thanks for the post about the article on the stimulant. I had never heard of bitter orange. I'll be very careful I always read labels. I'll let you know how they work.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #4  

Hi ,

I Tried These A While Ago , Before They Got Banned In Australia . They Have A Sibutramine (Sp?) Like Substance That Isnt Listed As An Ingredient In Them - So They Don't Get Through Customs Anymore

They Do Supress Appetite , And Increase Energy .

Just Be Careful .

x
lolaxvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #5  
Ashley

I've been takin them for bout 2 wks now and they r working I don't have the side effects at all they do surpress my appetite and increase my enegry but I'm still able to sleep. I'm being very careful.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 8"

Please do be careful - some of the side effects aren't going to show up after only 2 weeks but can have long term effects that won't come back to bite you until you are much older.

Since you are already taking them, I would strongly suggest two things: A) Using them sparingly - meaning, if you really and truly think they help you, take them for a bit to get a jump over a plateau or something then stop and rely on your healthy eating and exercise. Don't use them continuously thinking you are going to lose all your weight faster - if you do, you'll gain it all back even faster when you stop taking them. And B) You MUST make sure you get annual physicals. A lot of the things in these supplements end up being found to cause permanent damage to important stuff like, oh, your heart; your liver.......
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:05 PM   #7  
Ashley

Thanks for the info and suggestions. I will be sure to do that