Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 286/247/150

Height: 5-4

the whole premise of sensa is psycological. From what I've read there isn't anything to it.
drixnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #62  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I tried it. I think it's mental more than anything. They also give you access to a forum much like this one. I think what made it work for me was the forum. When Couldn't afford it anymore I found this forum and have had similar results.

It really is a mental thing, but honestly... it really did work. I always wanted to eat but once I started sprinkling I suddenly felt more satisfied and didn't finish meals. It's expensive though, and I want to learn self control on my own. But I think as a start, it's not so bad.

Or course, this was 2 years ago, I then went on a small gaining spree with school and not bothering to do any food counts or exercise. SO I'm starting over now with weight loss.

Last edited by kurisitaru; 08-11-2012 at 12:06 PM.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #63  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It's my understanding that Sensa is silica.... sand. The prospect of ingesting sand just is not appealing to me (which I suppose is the general idea).

If it weren't for IBS, I might consider trying it, but since my digestive tract is already so sensitive, throwing sand into the mix doesn't seem like a very good idea.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Does anyone know what is in it? I'm tempted to try it but very scared/weary of ingesting something that could be harmful later on.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #65  

Sensa is pure maltodextrin (can we say GMO corn, yay[not!]). Its like the #1 ingredient on the label. Please don't put this crap into your system. Idk why I ever bought it. I still have the month 2 packages wrapped and can't seem to toss them simply bcz it was so friggin expensive. All it ever did was make my food taste terrible so that I didn't eat it. Never curbed my hunger. If anyone wants them, I'll send em. Yuck! Horrid. I know my post is not positive and I don't like being the Debby downer, but things like Sensa are why we get into trouble in the first place...nothing but toxic chemicals glamorized as the "magic fat loss pill" completely disregarding nutrition. Our bodies store chemicals in layers of fat as a protective mechanism. If we don't get rid of the chemicals, we just become a smaller person with a higher ratio of chemicals in our body prone to easily gain weight if we ever veer off. Vicious cycle. > Also, if you're constantly hungry, its your body telling you: A - you're thirsty, or B - you're still not getting the right amounts of vitamins and minerals to support your body.
turboturtle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 165/142/130

Height: 5'2

Default Sensa

Has anyone tried it? does it work? any thoughts, thanks
np1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #67  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

My friend tried it. She didn't keep up with it.

I read up on it. Apparently it's like a little packet of flavor enhancer in powder form. You put it on your food and it's supposed to compliment the flavor of whatever you're eating. The idea is it'll be more satisfying and you'll eat less.

It sounds good in theory, but a lot of people already have issues eating mindlessly. If you eat foods that are flavorful, and you add spices and really pay attention to the flavor I think it would be just as effective. And the Sensa packets are made with a lot of junk, I think. You can find the ingredients online.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #68  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Post Part Scam/Part Helpful Maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by np1230 View Post
Has anyone tried it? does it work? any thoughts, thanks
I tried Sensa awhile back and did NOT find it to help me drop sizes, as the ad for it claims. It didn't seem to help me lose weight, but it DID help in the sense that ~ for the first time in my life ~ I was not eating every single thing on my plate every time. Not sure if it was a coincidence or the Sensa, but that is the ONE difference I noticed. It seemed to help me break that unhealthy pattern, and ~ for that reason alone ~ I am glad I tried it. It is easy to use, but I often forgot to put it on my food, so used it inconsistently..... and eventually stopped when I left it at a restaurant.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
I tried Sensa awhile back and did NOT find it to help me drop sizes, as the ad for it claims. It didn't seem to help me lose weight, but it DID help in the sense that ~ for the first time in my life ~ I was not eating every single thing on my plate every time. Not sure if it was a coincidence or the Sensa, but that is the ONE difference I noticed. It seemed to help me break that unhealthy pattern, and ~ for that reason alone ~ I am glad I tried it. It is easy to use, but I often forgot to put it on my food, so used it inconsistently..... and eventually stopped when I left it at a restaurant.
This is precisely what I'm hoping for with Sensa, to help me break some unhealthy habits, i.e. bingeing on carbs... I've been using Sensa for 3 days & have already noticed that I'm eating less & have hardly even thought about donuts, pizza, cookies, candy all those carbs that used to haunt me all day long... I don't know -- or care at this point -- if it's the product or if it's all mental, just so it works... I'll give it a fair trial, & then decide if I want to continue... I'm more confident in my low-carb eating plan for real weight loss than I am in Sensa, but I needed something to give me a good kick in the seat of the pants... btw, I can't taste it or smell it, but I've read that's a concern for some people... it's supposed to work via the sense of smell, so I try to remember to not just gobble my food without taking a deep breath first... I don't know if that makes any difference, but what the heck...

Last edited by Fleming; 01-10-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #70  

I just started using Sensa today, and I'm not really sure what to expect. I got it from my mom who said that her biggest obstacle with it is remembering to use it. I know if you don't use it on EVERYTHING you eat it's fairly ineffective, which can be difficult.

Let me know how it works for you please!
mmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #71  
3rd time's a charm!

S/C/G: 320/295/130

Height: 5'7"

It doesn't help you lose weight, it helps you feel full so you eat less.

When you eat less, you lose weight. Logic is cool.

I used it, it does what it says, so if you are having trouble with portion control it's perfect!

The biggest drawback is remembering to put it on the food before you chow down.
Espressowhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #72  
PortionControlling!

S/C/G: 208.8/185.4/158.8

Height: 5'10

It did nothing for me at all. I put it on everything and used a LOT. Id rather just accept that fact that I'm going to be hungry sometimes while my stomach is adjusting to eating less. I dont understand how it could work for anyone but if it works, great! If not you are out a good chunk of money.
mrsharshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #73  

I think I remember reading somewhere that Sensa hasnt been proved by an independent study to actually work. Industry journals havent backed up the claims either- the only supporting evidence so far is by the doctor who created the product
teekim22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #74  

I think the basis of what Sensa made its claims make sense: that taste and scent can contribute to satiating the part of our hypothalamus that dictates satiety. However I don't think Sensa in itself = satiated
teekim22 is offline   Reply With Quote