Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-22-2008, 01:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204

Height: 5 ft. 1 in.

Red face the idiot proof diet

Has anyone used the idiot proof diet? Do you have the diet information?

would y ou share it.. cannot afford to purchase it. thanks..

Last edited by nelie; 06-22-2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: posted email address
DeannaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:39 AM   #2  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

I believe that snapless, over in Low Carb, is doing it & finding it successful. All you need to purchase is the book, though - or if you can't afford to buy a book right now, you could get your local library to obtain a copy for you.

If you want a bit more of an idea of what it is, check out the official website:

http://www.pig2twig.co.uk/

Looks pretty good to me - India Knight's a pretty reputable journalist in the UK, and as far as I can see she and Nerys have meshed together various low carb approaches. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the book!

Last edited by broadabroad; 06-22-2008 at 01:45 AM.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
would y ou share it.. cannot afford to purchase it.
I don't mean to be a meanie ... but I have a real problem with this statement.

I earn my living selling my copyrighted materials and I would be very upset if someone posted on a message board asking for a copy of my work, because you cannot afford to buy it.

If you cannot afford something, then you need to do without or find a different way ... not ask someone to give you a free copy so that you don't have to pay for it.

Please think about this. The people who create things need to be paid for their work.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:05 AM   #4  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Just Googling India Knight I happened across this article of hers about dieting and weightloss, and I think it's rather fabulous.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/feb/13/gender.uk

Meanwhile, you can buy second hand copies of the book in paperback via amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...4114593&sr=8-7

But if you can afford to wait a week or two, I bet your library could get hold of a copy for you quickly enough for free!
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Hi there.

Yes, I'm on the idiot-proof diet. No, I cannot share it. I wouldn't share copyrighted materials and especially from a couple of people (Neris & India) who deserve every cent they make off their book. Those two women have given me the inspiration I have needed to really get going.

What is it?

Well, it is a slightly modified version of Atkins that works as is evidenced by their...and my...weight loss. If you really cannot afford to purchase a $15 book (hardcover, could probably get a paperback for less), then look into Atkins, as you can get everything you need for free for it (except the food itself, of course).

I've also added a far more extreme exercise routine than they have in the book, but my goal is less to lose weight and more to be healthy and active...although I'm definitely NOT complaining about the weight loss!

Good luck!
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I found its basic premise here: http://www.chooseyourdiet.com/articl...iot-Proof-Diet

But, we reviewed it and don't recommend it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet...ot_Proof_Diet/

Remember, long lasting, successful weight loss is something you need to be able to sustain for the rest of your life.

Good luck with your search and the beginning of your journey!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:27 AM   #7  

HarpoChicoGroucho, we must be talking about 2 different things, because the weight loss "plan" and website mentioned in your article do not correlate with the plan I'm on....at all.

I'm hoping the OP is talking about the plan I'm on and NOT the one you posted about...because that one sounds just crazy. I can tell you for starters...oatmeal is out...aspartame diet and sugary non-diet sodas are out...and that's just off the top of my head.

This is the book link for the one I'm on.

and this is the link to the authors' website.

Last edited by snapless; 06-22-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:34 AM   #8  

Hmm, two Idiot Proof Diets? Odd. I'll have to direct this to an admin. I'm not sure where the discrepansy is. I would think that two diet plans wouldn't have the same name. Industries are pretty sue happy when it comes to names.

Last edited by HarpoChicoGroucho; 06-22-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:36 AM   #9  

Maybe because the one I'm on is published in the UK and not the US? I don't know how the laws work in relation to that.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:43 AM   #10  

I've let the other mods and admins know and I'm sure we'll have it cleared up tomorrow. We'll probably add a note saying, "this is NOT the plan by Neris and India" to clear up any confusion.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:19 AM   #11  

Well I just looked at that website and looked at my book again, and there is a difference in the names.

The one labelled The Idiot Proof Diet is actually called Fat Loss 4 Idiots (as per their website).

The book (and diet) I use is called Neris & India's Idiot-Proof Diet.

Hopefully that should clear it up some.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Deanna,

Due to Copyright issues, no one can give you all the information on a diet that is in a book for instance. They can share bits and pieces. If you are interested in various diets, I suggest you check your local library for books you are interested in.

Although all diets work based on calories. For something free, I'd look at Fitday and start by counting calories. For some people, counting calories is their best method, for others, they need to restrict calories by other methods. No matter what plan you are on though, I think it is helpful to at least see how many calories you are eating every so often.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/176/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm on the "fat loss for idiots" diet... was looking for the "idiot proof diet" but the one I'm on is working just fine! If you go to their website, it's $40 to sign up, but you never have to pay that again and it will generate you a new menu every 11 days. You diet for 11 days, and then take 3 days off. So far, I'm on day 8 and I'm 8 pounds down. Sooooo simple
Desiree Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
I don't mean to be a meanie ... but I have a real problem with this statement.

I earn my living selling my copyrighted materials and I would be very upset if someone posted on a message board asking for a copy of my work, because you cannot afford to buy it.

If you cannot afford something, then you need to do without or find a different way ... not ask someone to give you a free copy so that you don't have to pay for it.

Please think about this. The people who create things need to be paid for their work.

I see what you mean by this, but I don't find anything wrong with giving a book to someone once I am finished with it or giving it to charity for someone else to enjoy.

Am I wrong? lol

~Utterly Absurd~
Moonlight Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I see what you mean by this, but I don't find anything wrong with giving a book to someone once I am finished with it or giving it to charity for someone else to enjoy.
there's a difference between giving someone the book once you're done with it and telling someone "I don't want to spend the money on the book, so please post all the details here on the board so I don't have to pay for it."

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote