Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #1  

Red face turbo jam does it work

Hi Everyone

I'm a nubie to working out. 20 year smoker who has been quite for 8 months
and has 40 pounds to lose. I saw the ads for turbo jam and was impressed
but I know it sometimes isn't always that way.
Anyone using Turbo Jam that likes it? The new gloves look like they can
really add to the workout
smoke free girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #2  

Height: 5'10

I did turbo jam, the toning one. I liked it but it was sooo many lunges. Half the video was all lunging.

I heard the cardio is amazing and I would consider purchasing the program even though lunges aren't my thing. The workouts are great and I have heard many good things about it.
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

There are quite a few users of Turbo Jam around here and a few discussions in the exercise video forum.

Here is a turbo jam thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65203
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/228/145

Height: 5'1"

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin View Post
I did turbo jam, the toning one. I liked it but it was sooo many lunges. Half the video was all lunging.

I heard the cardio is amazing and I would consider purchasing the program even though lunges aren't my thing. The workouts are great and I have heard many good things about it.

Hi Smoke Free Girl,

There is NO lunging in Turbo Jam. I think the person who replied (quoted above) was talking about another Beach Body program called "Slim in 6" - I have both programs and Slim in 6 with Debbie Seiber is the one that has lunges from start to finish (great leg shaper mind you!)...

But Turbo Jam with Chalene Johnson does not have any lunges at all.

I have all the Turbo Jam workouts and I LOVE IT!!! The music rocks and the moves are easy to learn and you control the intensity. It's a wonderful program (I love Turbo Jam, I don't care much for Slim in 6).

I just wanted to post a reply here to clarify this in case others stumble upon it and read this and would get confused.

Cheers,
Miss Trixie
MissTrixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:37 AM   #5  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I have the Cardio Party Turbo Jam and I LOVE it except for one section of the video. She doesn't do lunges but she does these squats from side to side and it's pretty quick. My knees just can't take it. I usually just do the kicks during that time or skip over it altogether.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #6  

For the most part I really like Turbo Jam. I've been doing it for about five weeks now, and I can definitely feel a difference. I've built up endurance and can put a little bit more into the workout each time I do it. My only complaint is the leg work. I have a 45 minute workout that I don't do as much because the first part is almost all leg work and it can get me discouraged. Instead I've been doing the 20 minute workout. Now I've even been doing it twice a day.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote