Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

I'm going to Walgreens today and getting a pack. Worth a "shot", right? Even though I eat organic and healthy, it seems like I gain weight when I eat anything over 1300 cals per day. I need something to keep my hunger in check.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #32  

I just bought some today. Last resort. I am an emotional eater. I need some help. 5 years ago I lost 35 lbs. I gained back 25 when I - 1) quit smoking (I know, yeah for me) 2) went through menopause and 3) found out I was hypothyroid. I have tried losing weight the way I did the first time - which was a low carb (custom Atkins/So.Beach) and it doesn't work for me any more. Tried Weight Watcher and nada, finally just counting calories (1,100/day) I work out 3X week at the gym and ramped up the exercise levels. I walk too. My doctor is useless. "Eat less, exercise more - this is what happens to women after 50". I know that 20-25 lbs is not a lot to lose, but I am short and now the weight has landed in my midsection and is causing other health issues. So, long story - I figured when I quit smoking I used a nicotine patch as a crutch and it worked and I only needed it for 4 weeks to get my mind set. I haven't touched a smoke since. I am going to try the slim shot thing as a crutch too. An aide. To see if it can help me get a grip. I will continue to eat right. The only thing that concerns me is that it will slow down the digestive tract and cause constipation which is already an issue for hypo thyroids. I eat Fiber One by the truck load now. Anyhow, sorry this is so long, but any other people doing this, your posts will be welcome. Thanks.

Last edited by over50swifty; 08-04-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: corrected spelling/ card to carb
over50swifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

over50swifty,

Just bought a box, and had a shot. The taste was bearable. It reminded me of vanilla soy milk, with a hint of play dough (I know, I know... but it seriously tasted like the SMELL of play dough). It went down nicely, and I immediately do not want to eat more. I had a 6" Subway turkey sandwich without cheese. So the sandwich was 315 calories, and now with the SlimShot it sorta topped off my meal and feel good. This may just work! I love how the only unnatural ingredient is asparatame. I stay away from diet drinks, but the small amount in the shots shouldn't hurt. And yeah, like you said, it might be a good crutch for now.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #34  

Okay, through day 3. I can't say that I feel like I have been "hit over the head" with a full sensation. The first day I only took one because I have a philosophy to start with the lowest dose of anything and work up. The next day I took 2. I felt I needed that extra boost. I actually think I can feel when it wears off because I want to snack again. Today I took 1. Kept busy for most of the day so I don't think I had time to notice until late in the afternoon and after dinner. Hard times for me to not snack. So I did snack but on diet friendly food - sugar free jello, a half of a peach. No miracles yet. But I have a box of this stuff and they do say to give it a few days. So I will give it one box worth. It reminds me of kaopectate or liquid mylanta.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #35  

Height: 5'3"

My first week is over with. I lost 2 pounds. I do feel a slight difference when I use these. I dont feel as hungry and notice that I can put off snacking longer than I can without them. That being said, the difference is not enough for me to want to spend another 40 dollars on the next box. I have a week supply left and am going to start taking one a day to see if they continue to help me keep the edge off of my hunger.

So imo, if you can spare the cash, they are worth a try to see if they work for you. They obviously dont work at all for some people but I did see a difference, even though it didnt live up to the promise of making me feel full for several hours.
valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #36  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks for the review. I had a coupon for these and considered buying them. But I am happy I didn't. I take flax seed oil caps and find that they really help me with the feeling full longer feeling. So, I will just keep up with them and forget the Slim Shots, altogether.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #37  

Default Slim Shots

You're welcome. I managed to get my brain under control this past few days and am trying Atkins again without the Slim Shot. I might use them but at different times than recommended cause they didn't seem to help me then.

And yes, GO CUBS GO! I am listening to them on XM right now
Old 10-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #38  

Height: 5'5"

I just started researching these and there seem to be many positive commenters, who say it really kills the appetite.

My question is this: how can drinking palm oil be good for you? Isn't it pure saturated fat? I would have to think it would raise your cholesterol levels.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #39  

Hello! I'll have to go fill out a profile but I wanted to get in on this subject first.

I'm on day 2 of Slim Shots. I've got about 50 pounds to lose and after being unable to budge the scales for the past two years (despite decent efforts), I'm feeling optimistic. I ate less yesterday but that's probably because I've decided they'll work.

I don't know that the Slim Shots have truly kicked in yet, but mentally, I've got one more tool to try. Since I just turned 49 and it's a new year, I've made the decision that I don't want to weigh this much for my 50th birthday in December.

Since November, I've cut my portions a bit, did well over the holidays, and this week have committed to five days a week on the dreadmill.

I'm a type 1 diabetic so I also eat fairly low carb. Between the Slim Shots, low carb, smaller portions, lots of water (I'm addicted to Aquafina Flavor Splash) and some moderate exercise, I'm sure I'll succeed this time. I've lost 14 pounds since mid-November, and this is the first time I've seen the scale moving in the right direction in quite a long time.

Fingers crossed!
Valerieincalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #40  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

sounds like a shot of extra virgin olive oil would do the trick
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #41  
DRUG FREE

S/C/G: 165/153/130

Height: 5'8''

My best friend's mom bought some and says the taste is horrible, and it doesn't work at all. They're very pricey, also (about 40 dollars). You'd be better off eating more protein in your diet, probably.
MISFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:50 AM   #42  

I just started using them. They do make you feel full for about 1-2 hours, there is the aspartame in them that is not so great....tastes like coconut!
Tunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #43  
Lose 50

S/C/G: 170/170/120

Height: 5'2"

I've been researching this product all morning. (Hey, found this site!) I am going to get a pack of it and try it out. I will stay in touch for sure.
Angel600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:58 AM   #44  
Empress/Queen

Anything with palm oil in it tastes very bad to me. These sound like drinking palm oil and I'd think a T of olive oil (as someone posted in January) would be far healthier and do the same thing. In fact, you could put some herbs in the olive oil and combine it with your meals. It is delicious.

I also agree with the poster who mentioned flaxseed oil as being helpful. I don't know if it helps with weight loss but it is healthful.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

I did them for 7 days, 1 in the morning and one in the afternoon, it seemed to me that water has the same effect and is alot cheaper. and personally I think it is mind over matter. They really didn't help me very much, I found between breakfast and lunch I was hungry, and then once I took the second one at lunch it held me over until supper, but no way didn't it make me full for upto 8 hours as the package says, but I would say its trial and error for evveryone... I would recommend trying it for 7 days, your body needs atleast 3 days to adjust to them as well, it differs for everyone of course, but you can't tell the difference in just one day.
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote