Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-01-2008, 03:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/163/cw188/125

Height: 5'' 6'

Unhappy it worked but ...

hi all..
i had a previous experience with diet pills.. i am not sure if i can post the product's name, but i thought of sharing the experience..

when i was still studying at university all my friends were much slimmer than me.. also in the family all were slimmer.. i had tremendous stress in my life between school work and a close family survived a life threatening accident i went into severe depression.. i read in a newspaper about a diet pill that is said to be a 100% natural herbs.. i knew these things were danger but my thought was exactly like this :" i rather die slim soon than live forever fat!! " when i recall what i used to say i can say it was a suicidal thought and the action i took translate a suicidal action!!! i even didn't tell anyone that i am taking the pills! and my family still doesn't know that i did!

i used the pill for over 2 months and lost over 30lb in the first 3 weeks!! i looked great , but i was extremely nervous, sleepless, lack concentration! i even had rapid heart rate! i got scared mostly when the pharmacist told me that it was banned because it contained "ephedra" which caused death to at least 4 people in my neighborhood!! but still searched for it until i could find it in a pharmacy selling secretly...
this happened about 5 years ago, i got married and had a baby since then and am back to almost the same weight i was before using these pills..

the reason i wrote this experience is that i am thinking now of using other pills, so i need your help to help me not going ahead as i deeply inside know how danger they can be!!!

Last edited by Palms; 04-01-2008 at 04:00 AM.
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #2  

I go through this from time to time. I see the latest pill and think "could it really be so bad?" and I will tell myself that this will be the one that will work. But then I remember how jittery and anxious I was on the diet pills I took, I remember how high my blood pressure got when I was taking them. Then I picture what my family would be like if I had a heart attack or stroke. I would rather have my family see me slightly plump, but working at health and weight loss the right way, rather than seeing me hooked up to machines in a hospital.
Leah52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Most pills don't work and some have found to be dangerous. Look at it this way , if they were safe and actually worked we would all be taking them and not be dieting and exercising.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:47 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

And 3FC would not have over 80,000 registered memebers . . . in some ways maybe it's a good thing that there is no 'miracle pill' . . . think of all the good times we'd miss around here.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #5  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

You have a baby now to take care of. You don't need to risk your health (such as heart problems, stroke, etc.) by taking diet pills. They don't work in the long run. Yeah, you might lose some weight initially, but almost always you will gain it back. Learn how to eat right, only eat when you are truly hungry and stop eating when you are full (sound like Paul Mckenna ???).
Exercise! Even if it's just taking a walk. There is no magic pill. Eat right and exercise more.

I hope this doesn't sound like a rant, cause it's not. I've been in your shoes and I know how tempting the diet pills are. But, truly in the long run you'll be healthier if you do it the right way.

Best wishes
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
. . . in some ways maybe it's a good thing that there is no 'miracle pill' . . . think of all the good times we'd miss around here.
Yep, yep. First site I've ever felt "at home" on

If there is a pharmacy "secretly" selling ephedra as a diet pill, they probably won't be in business too much longer - someone's going to turn them in; or sue them when someone they love has a stroke or heart attack. As for other OTC diet pills? If you read the fine print, every last one of them say the results they are touting happend when combined with diet and exercise. Betcha the diet and exercise by itself would yield the same result.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/150/135

Height: 5'4

They sell energy pills with ephedra here, heck you could even buy ephedra by the lb at herb stores.
ShannanA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/163/cw188/125

Height: 5'' 6'

thanks all, especially ddc!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddc View Post
You have a baby now to take care of. You don't need to
risk your health (such as heart problems, stroke, etc.) by taking diet pills.
i think you are right! my thought will be so selfish if i didn't remember my daughter and took the risk of any of those dangerous stuff!!

i have finally started a healthier diet.. yesterday i went to a diet nutrition and hopefully i'll learn from her and make it my lifestyle..
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #9  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Good for you!!
Really that's the only way to do it and do it for life. Healthy eating and more exercise.

Best wishes
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think we have to think about what we mean by "work". It sounds like you lost weight.... but for me for a product to "work" would mean that it was sustainable and not risking my health!

Sounds like you have lots of reasons for not risking yourself these days!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote