Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-15-2008, 06:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/266.8/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Lean System 7 (has had clinical studies)

Ok,

So I ordered a bottle of Lean System 7 from Isatori. I did a lot of research before hand and found that they actually did a randomized, double blind placebo 8 week clinical trial ( I can't post links but it's on a .gov website so I'm pretty sure it's legit ).

In the trial, their finding was an increase of metabolic rate by approximately 7%.

It's certainly not a magic pill, juuuust supposed to be enough to give you a little extra bit. According to the study it says it has no side effects other than a hot flash about 30 minutes after taking it.

Anyway, I know that I am losing at a rate of exactly 1.2 pounds a week. So I'm doing my own 30 day trial to see if it helps me at all. I'm not changing anything for 30 days. I'm hoping for 1.7 pounds per week! (Keep your fingers crossed for me!)

Anyone tried this?
tormentated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #2  
it's always something

Lean System 7 contains stimulants and diuretics. One of the ingredients is Citrus aurantium which they describe as a natural herbal stimulant. Consumer Reports describes it as one of the most dangerous supplements on the market. It works in the body like ephedrine and has the same risks. It also contains guarana and yerba mate, both sources of caffeine and additional stimulants. The added diuretic will cause water weight loss, which you are seeing on the scale. The product claims you must reduce calories and include exercise to see an effect on fat loss.

One of our members, huniebunie, took this product for 4 months and never lost any weight. She said she initially felt a decrease in appetite, but that was it.

The use of this product can slightly increase metabolism, but the results are greatly exaggerated. If you need to lose 100 pounds, you might reach goal a few weeks sooner. BUT with this comes significant risk to health due to the types of ingredients involved.

This product has been around for a few years. Yet the nation is just getting fatter. If these products really lived up to their claims, our doctors, insurance companies, and hospitals would be shouting it at the top of their lungs. We'd read about the results in major newspapers, not manufacturers advertisements
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/266.8/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the info, I appreicate it.
tormentated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I used this a couple years ago. It did absolutely nothing for me. I was pretty disappointed, since it seemed to have at least some studies to show usefulness.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #5  

I've tried it, save your money.
pgerik is offline   Reply With Quote