Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/275.8/180

Height: 5'3

Default Herbalife

I'm curious what some of you out there have to say about this product? Have you used it, and your results? Your negatives/postives? Maybe you thought about used and got talked out of it? Any feedback would be great, before I spend the $100 for it!
wingsofbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:14 AM   #2  
Root of all what now?

S/C/G: 300/210/135

Height: 5'5"

I actually used this stuff as a teenager. My aunt and cousins were on it and swore by it so my mom purchased some.

I remember it tasted awful and did nothing for me. Unless things have changed, it's a shake and pill diet that, like most "fad" diets doesn't really work. You might drop some weight in the beginning but those shakes were NOT tasty and the "fill you up pills" definitely did not fill me up. By the 3rd day I wanted a hamburger so bad I could have slaughtered the cow myself. Shakes are boring and it's much MUCH harder to stick to a diet that's boring.

Use the money to buy yourself some quality food and cook instead! Honestly the best diet is the good ol eat less/exercise one that everyone hates (it's hard I hate it so much hah). But it works far better and is cheaper and better for you.
Tamaroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:21 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

There are lots of previous threads on this topic - consensus is this is rip off...nothing more than a multi-level marketing scheme with no effect on weight loss.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65917

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20737

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83818
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/203/150

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default herbalife

I have been using Herbalife for a couple days now. It has only been a couple days but a very easy couple days. It has been heaven to not have to worry about every morsel I put in my mouth! I know what my breakfast and lunch are, no worries.

I have friends who have been very successful on this and kept it off! I have had more energy the past couple days than any other diet I have been on. My friends also gave me some bar recipes using the shake mix that count as a shake. I also found more by doing a search for herbalife recipes, herbalife bar recipes etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Back on Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

I tried it 2x and did not lose weight but I think it was because I wwasn't committed. I beleive you can lose weight on any diet if you follow the plan.

Anywas Herbalife is very different than it was in the past. I remember trying the shakes years ago and they were gross but now they are quite tasty. One thing to note is the first ingredient is fructose. I don't think there are any pills other than vitamins which you don't have to buy. My best friend sells it and firmly beleives in the products but at the same time she always tells me that I don't need the extra stuff but I imagine someoen really trying to make $ may try to convince you to buy a bunch of extra things.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #6  

I tried Herbalife when I was 17. I lost about 20 pounds. Then years later, when I broke up with an ex, I went on the low carb Herbalife plan. I lost 30 pounds in 3.5 months! I was super happy. Then I started working out and lost more weight. Herbalife is good in that, you get the vitamins and minerals you need in your diet. Plus, you get a diuretic tea (which many women love, and some just buy that product), which elimates excess water fast. Everything is laid out for you with herbalife, many people benifit with such a program. I liked it, I stuck with it, cause I saw results fast. I spent alot of money on the whole program, which also was an incentive to stick with it.
You take lots of pills, about 5 each meal, there are protein shakes, or protein bars between meals, the tea and what not.
Like any new diet, you will get sick to your stomach because you are changing the way you eat. I felt grose about two days.. but then I noticed my pants fit looser.. made me stick to it. I might go back on it again
FitforLife80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: 5'10"

I used it for five months in 1999 and lost 56 lbs. I went from 236 to 180, and am 5'10" tall. I also walked/jogged three miles around green lake every day and did tae-bo about 4 times per week (about 40 min. aerobics). I stayed at 180 for about a day and a half and went back up to 200. I stayed there until I became preganant in 2003 and then gained ALL the way back up to where I am now at 241. It does work ... although you're often hungry.

I remember what it taught me though, because you only get that one meal a day, you really learn to listen to when you're NOT hungry anymore. So, after I got off it I was better at being tuned in to my body. Toddler years, however, you only get to listen to the kid. :-) He's four now, so I guess it's time to listen to my body again.
BeckyC104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356719,00.html

Gotta love how the diet and supplement industry isn't regulated...
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Jilly, That is scary.

Overall it is amazing what diet pill manufacturers can come up with. They formulate pills with dangerous 'natural' ingredients and if someone dies or has side effects, they don't get punished but the ingredients in question may be pulled off the market. One reason it is important to read the ingredients of any pill that you buy, whether it is a vitamin or a diet pill.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #10  
1st 10% goal - 175.5 lbs

S/C/G: 195/187/140

Height: 5'4"

Both my aunt & FIL suffered strokes that their doctors noted Herbalife as a major contributing factor of. I can't post links yet. But if you google "herbalife stroke" you will see several hits citing the same claim.

I tried to tell my inlaws about my aunt when they started taking it. They wouldn't listen. Said "it's different now". So I googled info for them. They still thought it was safe.

They fall for a lot of scammy things like that. It's sad.
jeanniethewicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:28 PM   #11  

My Uncle sent an introductory packet to me last week. I went on Herbalife years ago. It worked but was very expensive.

I don't plan on using it but haven't spoken with my Uncle. I'm currently on South Beach and would rather continue with this plan.

It was weird he sent it to me as he's NEVER commented on my weight before. I know I've gained and it's something that comes up at every family gathering but he's never said anything. My Grandmother told me he wanted to talk to me about something but she didn't say what. He never called so I forgot about it until I received a package in the mail with the samples. Hmmm....

Anyway, I'll stick with "The Beach" as I know this is something that works for me. For a lifetime. Not for the moment.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 277/260/160

Default What about Herbalife?

Has anyone tried Herbalife?

Martita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #13  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I merged your thread with others. It looks like it is mostly a Multi-level marketing scam. It may work because of calorie restriction but there are probably better options out there that are less interested in emptying your wallet.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

So odd to see this thread.

Two weeks ago I was checking out after getting my eyebrows done. There at checkout was a coupon for a free smoothie and tea at a "health care spa." Well, it was right down the street so I decided to go for it.

When I arrived I asked the guy for a tea and he handed it to me. It was good tea. I learned it was powdered mix. I asked to see the container and there was about a billion things in it, the VAST majority I had no idea what it even was. The guy then offered me the smoothie. I asked him what was in it. He went through some mumbo jumbo--after some prodding he handed me the container. It was a "meal replacement" and again had about a billion ingredients--few of which I even *knew* or had *even* heard of. It had I think--280 calories or something and was considered "meal replacement." I told him, "no thank you, I already had lunch." He said, "that's okay, it's not gonna hurt ya any.." WHATEVER. Less than impressed would be my experience with the stuff. I asked him if I ate well, if I needed the stuff. He replied, "how many days can you honestly say you are eating 7-9 servings of vegetables a day?" I said, "well, everyday." He didn't really say anything, he started talking to another person. I left not long after.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/135

Height: 5'6 1/2

i tried the herbalife program and was consistant and lost no weight at all the lady i bought it from however had some extremely dramatic results and i work at a retail store and she comes in often and i watched her change from 180 and 5'4 to 118 it was crazy and she lost all that weight in four months i think everyone is different so you either gotta find the right diet for you or if none work(which is my case) than you just gotta eat right and work it off
rnicoleg is offline   Reply With Quote