Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #1  
Getting a new Image

S/C/G: 230/225/160

Height: 5'8

Default The Zone Diet

Has anyone tried this diet? IF so how did it go for you?
*~marie~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I did the zone diet many years ago. I lost weight but gained it back when i went back to normal eating. You can find lots of books on the zone diet. THe bars use to be very expensive. It was basically eating lean meat, veggie and a very small amount of fat. A typical zone lunch was turkey, an apple a ounces of hard cheese and a few nuts.
I know lots who lost weight on it but now looking at those people most have gained it back plus some. It would be a hard diet to live on.
good luck with it if you decide to try it
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:51 PM   #3  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I've done it in the past and actually just today started it again! Since I'm familiar with the Zone blocks, it's be pretty easy to start again. I don't follow it to a T, but rather use it as the framework for what I eat. The emphasis is on balancing it- 40%c/30%p/30%f - some fruit, lots of garden vegetables, especially greens, lean meats, nuts and seeds, a little starch, and no sugar. That's about it. I have been eating too much processed foods recently and I really felt great while I was eating this way - so going to try it again.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #4  
One life, live it well

BTW - When I use a bar as a replacement for a meal or snack I like Zone Bars, but I prefer Balance Bars. They are almost the same calories and c/p/f wise. Almost all bars seem to be around $1.00 around here it seems.

Last edited by Nori71; 02-17-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:33 PM   #5  

It is a good healthy diet that works. That being said, I didn't like the Zone was spending too much time calculating everything. I still watch my macros closely, but I don't try to balance every single meal with my daily ratios- I just try to get them right overall for the day.

If I had someone else to cook for me and do all the work it wouldn't have been so bad.
thistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #6  
Getting a new Image

S/C/G: 230/225/160

Height: 5'8

Thats how I figured it would be thistle
*~marie~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #7  
One life, live it well

I do know my blocks fairly well so don't spend a lot of time with that anymore, but I actually have a meal plan/guide I downloaded from Crossfit and that has simplified it a bit for me this time. And as I mentioned I follow it loosely. Dh is doing it also, and he would NEVER count *blocks* so the guide is helpful for him.

Here is an attachment of the article from Crossfit.com - try to ignore the meal picture on the front page! Doesn't look appetizing to me at all!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf crossfit.ZONE.pdf (570.4 KB, 32 views)