Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2001, 09:58 PM   #1  

For anyone thinking about trying any of those Metabo-whatevers and such, please read this article. Go to www.usnews.com, This Week's Issue, Natural Hazards article.
First, these products will NOT really help you to lose real fat - all you lose is money, but you can also lose your health and it is NOT worth it. I lost my weight the old-fashioned way - sensible diet and exercise and I'll keep mine off because I have learned to change my bad habits that made me fat in the first place.
Old 02-09-2001, 10:46 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Dixiepix --

Great article!
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/010212/altmed.htm

Try this link, though, it'll get you right to the actual article.

One of the things that particularly bothers me about these products (besides the almost complete lack of regulation and/or quality control) is the way the promoters use the term "natural" as if that means it can't possibly hurt you! Years ago, a close friend of mine had a yearling foal that died because of eating the leaves of a plant (foxglove)that 'naturally' grew wild in their area...

Not to mention the adverse reactions we get from such 'natural' plants as poison oak/ivy...

Another thing that bothers me about some of the marketers (pushers) of these products is the way so many of them disparage true medical studies on their products. For decades pushers of diet nostrums have ridiculed medical wisdom - or twisted it to suit themselves. I've said before that one person who tried to sell me a ephedrine-based product she was 'distributing' through an MLM gave me a 'doctor's recommendation' - turned out to be a CHIROPRACTOR - not an MD or a nutritionist...like I said before, knowledge is the key to permanent weight loss!

MrsJim
265/160/145
Old 02-10-2001, 04:56 AM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

One BIG reason to rethink taking ephedrine-based supplements...read this week's MSNBC's highlight story on meth...ephedrine is the main ingredient of this lifewrecking drug! Not only does it destroy all the human lives it touches - the cooking of the ephedrine also ruins our environment...most of these labs are located in rural areas and national forests.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/510820.asp

MrsJim
265/160/145
Old 02-16-2001, 12:34 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I read this whole thread and thought - what the heck and got some of the Canadian version - Proenzi99. Had no side effects or weightloss or increaded energy either.
Went to the doc today for my routine checkup - my 122/70 Blood Pressure was 169/110! The stuff is now down the toilet. What a wake-up call!
Old 02-16-2001, 10:48 PM   #5  

It's a shame that so many people think that if they don't "feel" any different, it's OK, but there can be things going on that you don't feel or know about that can hurt you in the long run. I'm so glad you found out quickly before you had a very serious problem with your blood pressure. What's so scary is that this stuff is selling like hotcakes and so many people are doing damage to themselves just because someone says it will help them lose weight and it won't.
Closed Thread