Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 195/162/130

Height: 5'6

i heard about these the other day, but this forum is the only place i've been able to find any real testimonials about it. the one thing that would keep me from trying them are the price...they are asking a ridiculous amount of money for puffed wheat...I wonder if you could make something similar at home?
figureskater546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:55 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

The commercial certainly looks promising. I have hoodia so I wonder if it's just like that? Although for me, even if I'm completely stuffed, I can still eat some more if I'm depressed and lonely
kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:56 AM   #63  
Empress/Queen

Sorry commenting on an old thread again, but wanted to chime in re fiber (not Fullbars as I haven't tried them and for the price won't be doing so), but as has been said on the thread, for me, too, "hunger" is usually something else than hunger and amounts to the desire to eat, eat, eat a lot of food to soothe my stress.

But it also seems to be related to my blood sugar (not a diabetic) and I do think getting a lot of fiber helps to regulate that (just my gut instinct) and does to some degree control my appetite.

I recently found a very high fiber "white" spaghetti that did contain the whole grain but appeared white an the fiber slowed the rate of digestion and filled my stomach to the point that I could not possibly have eaten a second serving of my spaghetti dinner. For me, it does help.

But the Fullbar thing is, as some poster said, similiar to the old Ayds idea. My mother always had a box of those things going and they tasted REALLY good and sometimes she'd eat more than the recommended amount, thus essentially eating a few extra pieces of caramel candy a day.

The thing about the Fullbar is that if I'm understanding correctly and may not be bar is 160 cals and contains sugar, it just seems to me that whether or not it promotes satiety, it adds 160 calories and sugar to every meal the user eats it with, 520 cals if taken with three meals a day, which is enough to gain a pound of week if it is not subtracted from the total cals eaten.

That'd also train me to eat a candy bar with each meal.

Thanks for the bran muffin recipe. I want to try that.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #64  

Height: 5'4"

Hello. I am new at this forum(actually, I've never done a forum before...lol). I saw the commercial for the full bars today and I gotta say, it looks promising to me. I am trying fresh this new year in losing weight. I'm 26 and have been gaining weight since I was 19. I have a tendency to over eat and have no self control when it comes to food. Hopefully this bar will help with that. If it doesn't work, at least I will know. HAHA

I will be buying these bars sometime next week(12/28-01/03) and will try to keep up to date.

Last edited by alynette; 12-26-2008 at 03:19 PM.
alynette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #65  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

from what i understand if you just use a spoonfull of metamucil (psylium) 15 minutes before eating then it takes longer for food to digest and you stay full longer which is basically what they so without the extra calories to make the bar taste good
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #66  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janga View Post
The thing about the Fullbar is that if I'm understanding correctly and may not be bar is 160 cals and contains sugar, it just seems to me that whether or not it promotes satiety, it adds 160 calories and sugar to every meal the user eats it with, 520 cals if taken with three meals a day, which is enough to gain a pound of week if it is not subtracted from the total cals eaten.

That'd also train me to eat a candy bar with each meal.
I think they all contain 180 calories, but I could be wrong. You only eat them before your two largest meals of the day, 6 days a week. However, you also need to put only half of your usual portion of food on your plate at meal time. It would only work to your benefit if half of your meal contains more than 180 calories. If you already eat low calorie meals and are sticking to it, then Full Bar probably won't help.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #67  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Suzanne. Yea, those wouldn't do a thing for me. lol I consider 180 a snack, like a Luna bar or a protein drink. I do mini meals all day so 360 cals added to my day would just be one mini meal or two snacks that I wouldn't get to have.

Actually, I looked at the website and they contain some similar ingredients to Luna bars so they might taste good.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:33 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by figureskater546 View Post
they are asking a ridiculous amount of money for puffed wheat...I wonder if you could make something similar at home?
That's an interesting thought to me - I didn't see an actual ingredients list yet but with many other "convenience" foods you can make up a batch of a home made version and portion it out.

I've been reading about the other alternatives but maybe a few of them together would replicate the results of the bar? Puffed wheat and metamucil in a food processor? lol
pferde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #69  
Empress/Queen

There are a lot of recipes out there for homemade energy or protein bars, can find lots just by googling, or you can just experiment. I've made a lot of protein bars, never used puffed wheat but does sound doable.

I'd think a bar made to create satiety would need protein and fat, so I'd add that, maybe a puffed wheat version of peanut butter rice krispie bars, only with metamucil instead of marshmallow or sugar, could maybe add brown rice syrup or artificial sweetener. Calories might be higher but then again, I think 180 calories is a lot for a bar that is supposed to be a food supplement or diet aid.

If anyone does this, would you share the recipe?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:20 PM   #70  

All this stuff gives me gas...does anyone else find this happening to them??
KJR131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #71  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR131 View Post
All this stuff gives me gas...does anyone else find this happening to them??
i beleive its the fiber, until your body gets used to it...if you want to wait thru that.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #72  

Smile bARS

I have not tried the Full Bars, but my company has a similar product, called Fill Bar.

Its part of a system The pill in the system expands in your stomach telling your brain you are full.

It also has a shake, very energizing and is organic chocolate.

It works great. Heather Hansen(Biggest Loser on season 3), our spokesperson is very inspirational.
EmmaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Here is what I am going to try (homemade version)

1 cup plain puffed wheat ceral
1 tbsp peanut buter
1 large marshmallow (may find a sugar free)

melt pb and marshmallow in mico. mix in cereal and let set. calories would be 185, fiber 3 and protein 7. Now this would make a good size bar adding in Flax or psylium would up the fiber and with a glass of water I would say it would fill you up. will be trying this. If any trys this out let me know.
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #74  
Empress/Queen

Looks interesting, surfnmom. Let us know how it works out.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #75  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

This is an age old diet trick with a new, more expensive twist. A few years ago there was study where dieters ate an apple before every meal and lost weight because they weren't eating as much higher calorie food. There was a whole campaign to try to get people to eat an apple before every meal. This is the same sort of thing, except it costs a great deal more money. I think the apple before every meal thing would be a better bet, it costs much less, and it undoubtedly is better for you.
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote