Full Bar???

You're on Page 4 of 24
Go to
  • Hi everyone... I'm going to volunteer to be a guinea pig for this fullbar thing.
    Stats: Male... 5' 10" ... weight... 211.5 (11/17/2008)... age... 39... GOAL: 180 lbs.

I saw the infomercial the other day and thought... might as well try this. Wanted to let you all know... you do NOT have to buy these over the phone and wait for them. Just go to your nearest GNC and buy them there. A box of 12 is priced at a rather high $29.99 BUT... you can get a GNC yearly membership for $15. If you do that, every box of 12 is reduced to $23.99 (so they are then $2 a bar). While this is MORE expensive per bar this way, it does give you the chance to try them out before making a huge commitment of hundreds of dollars for something you might not even like.

I bought two boxes today (Nov 17, 2008) and just took my first bar. The bar is not HUGE... I read several posts and people were saying it was large... it's not. I'd say it's medium sized. In fact... I'd say it's about 5" long x 2" wide x 3/4" thick.

I tried the peanut butter crunch... and nothing about it says "crunch" when you bite into it. It's similar to a rice crispy treat... but it's almost as if it was placed in some type of liquid and the bar absorbed it. The bar has a kinda damp feel to it... it's not a fluffy dry like I was expecting.

It tasted ok... which kinda scares me a little... since I've eaten other 'health bars' and they normally taste great the first few times you eat them, but get old really quick. I guess we'll see.

It's now been 26 minutes since I took the bar and water... and I'm not feeling any magic yet (lol)... although I'm going to eat some dinner here in the next few minutes. I will post again soon.

Eric
  • Eric... your message (magic part) made me laugh.

Thanks for the info on GNC I will go there for my next purchase.

I have purchased two boxes (I received samples of each bar with the purchase)... and only been taking them for less then a week. They all kinda have the same 'size' and 'taste' to them... nothing wow about the flavor, my opinion anyway.

I also didn't feel any 'magic' I wasn't 'extremely' full... but I will say it kinda took away the edge (if you know what I mean) and it has stopped me from snacking in between meals. I expected to feel stuffed after eating, but never felt that way. I have tho felt full after eating a meal after eating the bar... not stuffed, but full... there is a difference in my mind. I did go one day without having any and found myself snacking through out the day (over eating). I haven't weighed myself again so I'm not sure of weight loss, I feel lighter but we'll see. I am liking the bars, they are 'blah' in taste but I can get them down because I think they do work to take off the edge to fill my face.

I also purchased his book - haven't finished it but I will post about that as well.
  • I dont really like those types of slimming articles - i think they never concern all necessary vitamines and substances the body needs
  • Hi, Eric here again.

Well, it's been about four days so far using the Fullbars. I can't say they are magic, BUT... I also feel like they do keep me from walking around hungry.

I am eating less and not thinking about munching on something all the time. I use to want to snack on a lot of junk like chips and cheese puffs at night, but I don't feel the need to as much.

When I weighed myself the first day, I weighed 211.5, however, the next day I weighed 214 pounds. So, I don't if I "gained weight" simply because of scale error or perhaps I stood on it off-centered or something.

Last night I jumped on the scale and my weight was 208.0 and today it's 210.5. Perhaps I need a new scale? I know that water weight and the time of the day you weigh yourself is suppose to make a difference... so maybe I'll just weigh myself in the morning from now on.

So... I believe it's doing a decent job with appetite suppression so far. I prefer the Apple Crisp bar over the Peanut Crunch... and I love peanut butter.

I'll update in three days or so.

Eric
  • FullBar is a decent product although it may be costly and hard to find, if the end result is you lose weight, it is, and WAS worth the cost.
  • MrKeith,

I'd wholeheartedly disagree with you. There are many products on the market that could potentially help you lose weight. From what I've learned, losing weight is easy. Maintaining that weight loss is not. It is one of the reasons that the diet market is so profitable, people are in a constant state of losing weight.
  • Another Test Case
    Hi All,
    After seeing this advertised on TV and after reading the posts and opinions here, I decided to try it. This is AFTER trying the psyllium before meals approach, the water approach, the soup with all meals approach, the apples (hard chew) and grapes (soft chew), and anything else you can imagine.

So, today was day 1. I went to GMC and bought a few bars. I don't care what they taste like, so I won't comment on that. I had one with a cup of tea, but then my walking buddy called me to go walking, so I ate an apple instead of a meal. About 1 1/2 hours later, I came back for my lunch. I prepared my typical cup of soup and half sandwich and sat down to eat. Not only did I not finish them--half the soup and half the half-sandwich went back into the refrigerator--but I felt nauseous at the idea of taking another bite. So, I would say, yes, they do make you feel full. Now the question is whether the amount of food I cut from my meal (calories cut) is MORE than the number of calories in the bar. I'm encouraged, though, so I will keep trying this.
  • FullBar Information
    I have tried Fullbar and it is a decent product. It does not solve all of the issues a person may bring to weight loss like emotional over eating.

I use it pretty much daily and it really came in handy for turkey day.
  • This sounds really similar to Form caplets, which I'm currently trying. I thought I'd give it a month and see if I get results. The caplets work on the same principle as the Full bars, they contain a complex that expands in your stomach but they are zero calories. They are pricey though - after this month I think I'm going to try psyllium instead. If you can find the unflavored Metamucil, it's all psyllium husk.
  • I am a protein bar freak as well as I use to be on the LA weight loss plan and got addicted to the protein snacks to fill the hole thoughout the day. Since my center closed a few months ago I actually did some reading up on the Fulbar (I believe in the bariatrix approach), but ended up using off the shelf bars and sometimes getting ones that it would have been better (and tastier!) if I just had a Snickers bar...

A few weeks ago on iVillage, some gals were chatting about the Changing Sizes.com bars - I decided to try them and just got my first order a few days ago and LOVE them. Their Soy Snack packs are great too - the chocolate soy puffs are just like the whoppers candy - which I could die happy eating since I'm a choco-holic.

Here are the stats on their bars:
    Protein: 15 g
    Carb: 15 g
    Calories: 160

Chocolate Soy Puffs - a bit higher carbs than the others, but worth it!
    Calories 160
    Protein 15g
    Carbohydrates 13
    Fat 6g
    Protein 15.0g

Sour cream and onion:
    Calories 120
    Fat 3.5g
    Usable / Total Carbs 8.0g / 8.0g
    Protein 15.0g

Thought I would pass this on as an alternative!

Jenn
  • It's Eric... I'm back.

Well... I will say that the fullbars keep you from being hungry. I do like them and will be buying more... I'm just about out.

Like most diets, I have not been very consistent... because of life and everything that goes with it. It is easier to follow than just about any other diet, but because of the holiday season... with Thanksgiving and all... and family over shoving food on my plate, I haven't lost what I wanted.

The positive is I usually gain weight (like most people) at this time of the year. I haven't weighed myself in the last three days, but I was down to 206 when I did a few days ago. So I believe I'm down about 5 to 7 pounds over the last three weeks to a month. Again, I have not followed the plan like I should have... I've probably averaged about one bar a day in the past three weeks.

I would recommend these bars... they don't allow you to sit there feeling like you're going to starve... and I HATE that feeling.

I will try and eat two a day starting today and see if I can get down under 200 lbs by Christmas. I haven't seen that weight in at least two years.
  • Oh... and I know the bars aren't the best tasting... but they are so much better when you take a bite and then take a sip of water and chew it. I rarely ever drink water, and sipping the water while eating the bar makes both of them much easier to 'put down'.
  • Fullbars
    Hi there I belong to a local tops club and I have not tried the Fullbars however one of our members uses them and has lost 5lbs this week. She loves them but doesn't love the price. But 5lbs is quite a good weight loss for the week

Anyway Good luck
  • I have one more request can someone Post the exact ingredients list that is located on the back of the wrapper please.

Thank you
  • This is kind of an old school diet thing -- I'm old enough to remember the Ayds candies you eat with liquid before a meal! Actually ANYTHING you eat before a meal (a cup of celery and a glass of water) will take the edge off of ravenous hunger BUT....and here's a big but...

BUT, when you're dealing with overeating, I don't think very many of us over eat because of genuine HUNGER. Maybe some people but not me. If I eat a half a sandwich, I'm technically no longer hungry, but I still want the other half. There's the psychological aspects to overeating (such as comfort eating, binging, etc.) that are not addressed by this kind of product.