3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Full Bar???

Old 10-24-2008, 10:42 AM   #31

Thanks testers for the input. I am glad they are working for you. I say if it works.. $2.00 a bar isn't that bad... yes maybe you could buy some other supplement that worked equally but this is quick, easy, and works for you.
I want to try them but my budget really wont allow it at the moment. I will probably be trying the metamucil. I will say when I read the ingredients, it baffles me why the would work any more then anything else but hey... WHATEVER WORKS! I am also guessing you don't eat three of them lol, which is my issue with Fiber One or other granola type bars. The only thing I didn't like is the HFCS which I am trying to avoid because every medical professional I met say its just dreadful for you.
Keep the updated coming please....
Also going to look and see if anyone tried slim shots...
Mindolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:48 AM   #32
Trying to get it right

S/C/G: 202/202/145

Height: 5'5"

I just got 1 each of all 4 bars and tried the 1st one this morning with a 20 oz. bottle of water. It is "puffy", tastes like.........well, puffed wheat. I had the cranberry almond. I have to tell you, I'm completely full just from the bar, and will most likely skip breakfast. I know that's not a good thing to do and it's not what's recommended for this product, but I have no desire to eat anything right now because I am completely satisfied.

Since I only have 4 of these to try, I won't see any weight loss, as they'll be gone in 2 days, but I just wanted to give them a test run to see if my appetite would stay the same or diminish.

As much as I would love to try the psyllium, I seriously doubt that I would be able to choke it down.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:54 AM   #33
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/202/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
I just got 1 each of all 4 bars and tried the 1st one this morning with a 20 oz. bottle of water. It is "puffy", tastes like.........well, puffed wheat. I had the cranberry almond. I have to tell you, I'm completely full just from the bar, and will most likely skip breakfast. I know that's not a good thing to do and it's not what's recommended for this product, but I have no desire to eat anything right now because I am completely satisfied.

Since I only have 4 of these to try, I won't see any weight loss, as they'll be gone in 2 days, but I just wanted to give them a test run to see if my appetite would stay the same or diminish.

As much as I would love to try the psyllium, I seriously doubt that I would be able to choke it down.
I used to drink metamucil (which is psyllium doctored up) and it was pretty good. Also, you can add psyllium to things like oatmeal or baked goods. A lot of natural foods have fiber in them so if you eat mostly unprocessed foods, you should get a good amount of fiber.

Another option for a fiber supplement is benefiber. Its a powder that dissolves completely in water. You don't see it, you don't taste it.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #34

marbleflys, I am wondering if you have any updates on this product.

Thanks

edge.
edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #35

Hi, I am new to this blog. I have recently purchased the Full Bars. I'm 43 and am looking to lose about 30 - 40 lbs. I exercise regularly... but like most people I like to eat a lot (portion control). And let me tell you I have tried many many diets... I can lose about 20 but thats it.. I never keep it off. And I am a very active person so its really an emotional struggle with weight loss when I exercise as much as I do. However, I'm hoping these bars work. I expect to receive the bars next week. Once I do I will post an honest answer as to whether or not they supressed my appetitie. I can honestly say if they will work for me they will work for anyone....
Castle Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #36
Believe, it is possible

Default Full Bar Outcome

marbleflys, I wanted to check the status of your using Full Bar. It sounded as if you were doing well.

Jeans status too?

Thanks!

EnzoDryfus
EnzoDryfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #37

Hi, I ordered the Peanut Butter. Thinking if it works I should be able to choke it down (here's hoping). I just got an email today... expect delivery in 7 days. From what I read (on this blog and other intranet sources) the bars seems to work. I'm optimistic and I'll keep you posted.

Just a comment about the metamucil and extra fiber. I have taken metamucil for years... its a very good habit to get into (keeps things regular which potentially could prevent colon cancer). However I have never found it successful in any way shape or form to supress my appetitte.

Here's a pretty good muffin recipe that is loaded with fiber and actually supresses the appetitie abit (not mine... but others I have passed it onto have said it works great).

3 cups of bran buds
3 cups of water
3 tablespoons of baking powder

let sit until the buds get mushy (about 20 minutes_

add any muffin recipe package (I like Quaker Low Fat Bran)... you can also add low fat brownie mix...

You will have to add more water... about a cup... add enough water until the mixture is moiste

put liners into your muffin tins... spray with pam (make sure you spray or they will stick)... and bake as directed

These muffins are 1 point on weight watchers... I make them because they are a great snack that is low in fat and high in fiber. You can also add any type of nuts, dried fruit (cranberries work well)... get creative and make them tasty for you... the bran buds are the important ingredient.

enjoy...
Old 11-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #38

I just found this site. I was looking for info on the FULL BARS. I saw them for the first time today at GNC. I started Dr. Siegel's cookie Diet yesterday and am regretting spending the money and knowing that it is not healthy...but I am desperate.
Nanabanana710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #39

I was searching information on FullBar and found this site. I read all these posts and say a lot of you suggesting to use other means to achieve the same goal. The goal is reducing the appetite, eating less, and losing weight. Unfortunately, none of the posts identifying things like psyllium, metamucil, puffed wheat, or anything else was followed by how you did it and how it work, how much weight you lost. Please, if you do have a way to lose weight naturally with these products, give us your evidence so we can make the best decision for us. I can use the help as I've tried a lot of plans, including Nutrisystem. It works, but the weight never stays off.

Thanks.
Cayenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #40
it's always something

It's my belief that just adding fiber isn't enough. I've added scoops of fiber to smoothies and other things and noticed no difference at all in how it filled me up. What seems to matter is food 'bulk'. Obviously fiber is very important, but that's just part of it.

Cayenne, check out our Success forum, you can read some fantastic success stories there by people that have done it all. Our Maintainers forum will give more insight into how these people kept it off. The diet never ends, it's all really just a lifestyle change
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #41
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/202/182

Height: 5'6"

The full bar is based on the fact that you are eating a fiber rich bar. If fiber is all you need, then you can add fiber yourself. That is where the recommendation for other fiber supplements comes in.

For me, I don't use fiber supplements although I've tried in the past. Although 'hunger' really isn't my issue. For some people, they get really hungry and find adding fiber helps control their appetite.

That isn't to say that I don't have days which I'm really hungry despite eating right but in general, I think following a plan which incorporates a wide variety of foods helps. I think the recommendation is to get 35g fiber per day. I get about 100g fiber per day without any supplements, but eating whole foods, my diet is just generally fiber rich.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #42

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Please don't waste your money. Just purchase a jar of Metamucil and drink it before meals. I read about this on another site. Plain water may even work.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #43
it's always something

I disgree FullBar doesn't have much fiber, just about 5 grams. The doctor and food scientist said that it's a combination of fiber, protein, and bulk food. It's a pretty big bar.

As a comparison, I drank a glass of water with a teaspoon of fiber-sure in it (5 grams) and did not have the same full feeling. Maybe it's just me

I am with nelie on a naturally high fiber diet, though I don't get nearly as much. I average 50 to 60 grams per day. I do add a teaspoon of fibersure to my morning smoothie, the rest is just dumb luck I guess
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #44

S/C/G: 146/144/118

Height: 5"2

Hi! I have been using the Full Bar for almost a week now and I really can say they help with appetite suppression. (for me anyway) I am a binge eater and chronic dieter and have tried just about everything on the planet. I actually was skeptical at first but they really seem to help. I have the peanut butter and they are pretty good. It does taste like puffed wheat in a bar

I have been eating three meals a day with 2 bars before meals. I usually wait an hour to eat instead of the 1/2 hour. Still seemed Ok. This weekend I only used one on Sat. and Sun. I ate more at lunch without the bars. As far as weight loss I am down 2lbs for the week . I was hoping for more but I was eating small portions of regular foods-not diet stuff. I hope this helps-I just wish they were a bit cheaper. I am going to give it another week and see how it goes. I will check back later
tchermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #45

I have always eaten a very high fiber diet, low carb and extremely healthy. I have no issues with eathing 'un healthy' I have issues with eating to much. I have tried metamucil in water prior to meals... and no it did not supress my appetitie. I currently take metamucil tablets (because they are a good thing for your system) but they do no supress my appetitie. I have a big appetitie... I like food and I like to feel full. And when I diet I always feel deprieved... thus I'm always thinking about eating. I have tried many diets... can get about 20 pounds off, but thats it (I stall and then I get tired of being hungry and put the weight back on).

I just recently received the full bars. I have only taken 1 (just today). And I can honestly say it worked. And for me, thats a big thing... because I do have a big appetite. As I was eating it I was thinking I could probably eat another one because I wasn't full... but as soon as I drank the water I started getting full. So... so far I'm pleased. But I will keep you posted. Like I said if they work for my appetite I believe they will work for most... including binge eaters.... which I am... binge, crazer, you name it I do it.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.