3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Full Bar???

Old 06-14-2008, 04:29 AM   #16

Question full bars

Glad I found the 3FC. This is great!

I just saw the ad for Full Bars on TV myself and was interested. Think I'll wait to try this one. I did try the tea bags. Has anyone heard of this? I sent mine back. They didn't work for me. What about Hoodia P57? Any thoughts on this?
TryItDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #17
prepare for the BEST time

ok, I've been taking the full-bar as directed since the other evening meal....it's not the tastiest (i've got peanut butter and apple carmel)....but it does supress my appetite....example, last night was veg. lasagna...I was unable to eat more than a one inch square, and i've not done any evening desserts....my biggest meal yesterday was a catered lunch. I had a full roast beef sandwich (removed 1/2 the bread and doubled the meatup) 1/2 cup potato salad and some pasta salad 1/2 cup...1 cookie. this felt like a huge amount of food

I usually skip FiberOne bars because they upset my stomach (due to 5 grams of fiber)...the FB has 6 grams, but I haven't had any problems.

Sunday we have a family dinner, so this will be a good test. I've also started the BF on them...(he eats methodically until all food is gone lately and has gained about 30#) so i'll see if they work for his portion control.

Last edited by marbleflys : 06-14-2008 at 10:52 AM.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #18

Exclamation Hoodia P57

Does this Hoodia P57 work or is it another scam? I'm 5'3" tall, mid-fifties and need to lose weight. My BMI is in the red and I exercise 3-4 times per week. Help!!!
TryItDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #19

TryItDiet Nothing is going to help you lose weight better than exercise and a healthy way of eating. Not just to get the weight off but for the rest of your life.

In my opinion Hoodia pills are a scam. There is no magic pill.

Check out Weight Watchers or some of the other forums here.

"When we believe the payout is worth it, we find the time."

Last edited by kahnfv : 06-15-2008 at 03:49 AM.
kahnfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #20

Ok, I've been taking the Full-Bar as directed, usually in the AM and before lunch at work.....

I have to be honest, I am eating less, having a hard time finishing the portions i put out for my meals....in the AM it is black coffee, some fruit, and a hard-boiled egg......lunch is usually 12-14 ounces of broth-based soup and some salad with protein (turkey or tuna, light mayo and reg. greens)....I am not really craving any snacks, and I don't feel hunger pangs...my blood sugar is pretty even and there are no bathroom incidents.

I'll try on my "test" jeans at the end of the week....so far so good!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:18 PM   #21

I haven't tried Full Bars myself, but based on what I've read, I'd say it's nothing special. The concept of a food item containing some kind of fiber or otherwise naturally derived plant product that expands when mixed with water is a highly overused concept in many diet fads nowadays, and I think we have to be careful to not fall for overpriced scams. They love to not tell you everythiing, because they know that with 10 minutes and google we could probably see through it all.

Out of curiosity, I was researching another diet item I saw on TV (sorry, I don't remember the name), and after five minutes on Google I discovered that the main ingredient in that item was glucomannan (I can't post URLs but check out wikipedia and look it up, if you're interested). Once again - a plant product that expands when mixed with water. It sounds like the puffed wheat cereal is exactly the same thing in terms of function.

So let's say these ARE exactly the same. You can buy glucomannan at any drugstore for like $5-6 a bottle that will last you a month... or you can pay $100 for a bunch of bars that have unnecessary ingredients like HFCS. I guess I'm just really skeptical of TV diet fads - I mean, if I was in a position where I had to choose between a) $100 diet bars that have no scientific grounding whatsoever or b) glucomannan, which is not FDA approved but you can at least look up on the internet and find some actual solid information about it (and it only costs $5-6)... I'd personally rather try the cheaper one first, especially if the ingredients work the same. (which, btw, I am - I just got some glucomannan pills today. I will share my experiences if I feel it is worth it.)

I dunno. I'd go with lowcarbbarb2 with this one - they're basically ripping you off for a basic plant fiber. I'd personally want to ingest as few ingredients as possible for things like this, and I don't think you could get any simpler than fiber and water.

And... I also agree with kahnfv. There is no magic pill, and there never will be a magic pill. It is all simply science: if you burn more than you eat, you will lose weight. It's all about managing calorie intake, and no matter what diet plan you choose to use, I think they all basically follow that one universal principle.

Last edited by mandarinskies1983 : 06-18-2008 at 11:24 PM.
mandarinskies1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #22
In Training

S/C/G: 264/261/140

Height: 5'8"

Marbleflys, thanks for keeping us informed. I ordered one of each of the fullbars off ebay to see which I liked the best before ordering a big shipment from the site. I really only like the PB one, but I really liked it so I ordered two boxes today.
HealthNutWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:19 AM   #23

I prefer the apple carmel one over PB....OK I've been taking them with breakfast and lunch and am definitely eating less portions.. this is helpful with work stress, because usually the minute I get bombarded (it's the start of a new school year in July for med students) I usually find myself hunting for the nearest treat...salty, crunchy, or SUGAR....not so this past week....(it's taken me 50 years to target my behavior so I'm a little slow).

Yes, I could easily take a fiber pill and drink water and then I would be spending the day in the public ladie's room(that's why I can't eat the FiberOnes,)....it hasn't happened with these bars.

Dr. Snyder's websites are interesting and definitely geared to promoting both his bariatric practice and line of products...but if they give me an edge I'm taking it...i am fighting an uphill battle these days...(menopause, insulin resistance, and the stress of taking care of my 89 YO mother along with working a fulltime job)!

the price works out to about $2.00 per bar, they kind of look like a rice krispie treat....in the AM I drink my black coffee with it before breakfast.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #24

OK, here I am 2 weeks later.....I did NOT use the Fullbar this morning for breakfast and as a mid-morning snack....i'm super-busy at work, i forgot and did bring any with me.

I'm surprised, I'm really hungry.....much more so than I have been. I thought I had been had, but i have to think they are doing what is advertised. yes, i've used other bars, HProtein, Detour's designer whey, etc. but these are unique ....for me anyway.

I just wish they made one that tasted like potato chips.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #25
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys View Post
I just wish they made one that tasted like potato chips.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #26
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I'm wondering if you would have the same effect if you just say, had a piece of fruit or something with a glass of water before each meal. Wouldn't you have the same feeling of being full and not being able to eat as much? So is it the bars that are actually making you not want to eat as much, or is it just that you had 'something' with a glass of water before you ate? I only ask because I don't do this with every meal, but with dinner every night I have a banana with a bottle of water, or just a bottle of water and it makes me feel full so when I do eat dinner I don't eat as much.

I saw the commercials for this and thought...why pay the money when you can eat a granola bar, piece of fruit or whatever with a bottle of water and it's cheaper.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #27
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
I'm wondering if you would have the same effect if you just say, had a piece of fruit or something with a glass of water before each meal. Wouldn't you have the same feeling of being full and not being able to eat as much? So is it the bars that are actually making you not want to eat as much, or is it just that you had 'something' with a glass of water before you ate? I only ask because I don't do this with every meal, but with dinner every night I have a banana with a bottle of water, or just a bottle of water and it makes me feel full so when I do eat dinner I don't eat as much.

I saw the commercials for this and thought...why pay the money when you can eat a granola bar, piece of fruit or whatever with a bottle of water and it's cheaper.
Right! The " Caramel Apple Crisp" looks to have about 160 calories, 31 grams of carbohydrate, 5 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein and 1 gram of fat.

While I don't consider this a stellar nutritional example, here's a "convenience" food that is pretty comparable:

Fiber One Honey Clusters

Per cup: 160 calories, 5 g protein, 42 g carbohydrate, 1.5 g fat (0 g saturated), 13 g fiber.

Yes, the cereal has more carbs but much of it is fiber.

I imagine that 3/4 a cup of that and 1/2 a serving a of Greek yogurt would be filling and satisfying.

Oakes Organic Greek Yogurt

Per 5.3-ounce container: 90 calories, 15 g protein, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 g fat (0 g saturated), 0 g fiber.

Last edited by SoulBliss : 07-05-2008 at 06:12 PM.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #28

Wink Full Bar...works for me

I tried Full Bar a month ago. Didn't now if it was mind over matter, but I did not have the need to pick in between meals. Because of the expense I tried doing without it. I thought I could do just following a no sugar, no flour diet. After 3 weeks I went to GNC to replenish my supply of Full Bar. It REALLY does fill you up. Unfortunately, the first time I did not weigh myself, (scale shy) but I felt a difference. I will continue to do my no sugar, no flour part of the diet because I find that rather easy. Even though the Full Bar has honey and/or sugar, right now I find it indespensable.
I just wish it was not so expensive!
Hope this helps!
janetd245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #29
minnesota mild

S/C/G: 183/177/140

Height: 5' 1"

I just started the full bar (actually about a month ago) but haven't used them properly. I wanted to try it just to see if I'd like the bars. The 2 I've tried are tasty, so now I bought a 4 month supply (buy 3, get 1 free along with their "why diets don't work" book). I'm not one for drinking water alone nor a strict regimen so I'm giving this a try. I'm getting serious with losing weight because I have my 30 year class reunion coming up next June. I need to lose 40 or so.
pattigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #30

hmm you think it could really work it sounds to good to be true
teaspoondiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.