Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #1  
ONe UniQuE L@dy

Location: Well i'm stationed in Mannheim, Germany but deployed in Iraq; originally from Alabama

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'4

Default Calorie shifting diet does it really work?

I have been hearing alot about this calorie shifting diet and i have been wondering does it really work? What kind of foods do you have to eat? Please help with this want to desperately lose this weight. Thanks
sexybrwneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:07 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Are you talking about Calorie Cycling (ie, varying your calories from day to day so they average to a certain number)?

This works, just as regular calorie counting works (ie, coming in below a certain number of calories per day), because you lower the number of calories you are eating, on average, per day, allowing you to create a calorie deficit (ie, you burn more calories than you eat).

Check out the "Calorie Counters" forum for more information, including this "Frequently Asked Questions" thread and this "Calorie Zig-Zagging" thread.

Can't wait to see you around soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/184/140

Height: 5ft 3 ins.

I have been calorie shifting for about 3 months now and have lost weight. You eat a lot of fruits, veggies and protein. I eat 4 times a day, never feel hungry and lose an average of 4-6lbs per week.
tryin2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 64kg/64kg/56kg

Height: 5'2"

Hi trying2bthin, I see you are also doing the SS program also, do you think your fantastic weight loss is attributed to either one of these programs or a combination of both. i am looking at buying the SS program this week but also want to look at the food I eat so am wondering about the calorie cycling diet or only doing one program at a time. I so want to get back to my old days of being thinner as we all do!!
glenlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #5  

Glenlea: I think it is a combination of both. I know that diet changes alone will not be sufficient. I seem to have lost more inches since I started SS. I can definitely see a difference in my behind and my arms. I thing that is mainly the exercises from the SS. Hope this helps.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:47 PM   #6  

Thanks trying2bthin, I will try both and hope I have the same results as you. Would love to lose 4 lbs per week, would be a dream.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:55 AM   #7  

Well I have been trying to get this going, I have had some low cal days and had one higher day but i don't seem to be losing anything. I am not sure if I am doing this right or not. How do you find out what is your required cals you need a day? I don't think I can manage 1200 per day, I can do less but I think my metabolism just stops! Can anyone help with telling me how to work out my maintanence level so I can reduce this down.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #8  

Glenlea, I don't know how you are doing it. Personally, I paid the $39 on the Fat Loss 4 Idiots website. You have a list of foods and you pick your favorites. After that, it generates your 11 day eating plan. It is simple and I don't stress out about what I am supposed to be eating. You just go back on the site when you finish up the 14 days and print another menu.

Last edited by tryin2bthin; 01-23-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Forgot to say something
Old 01-24-2008, 03:18 AM   #9  

I am expecting that everything they suggest you eat is a vege or a fruit?? I have tried those things before and always just give up as I cant do them for a long period of time, about 3 days non stop is about my max then I go for the bread pasta and whatever else. What types of food are you allowed to eat may I ask? And by the way thanks for all the answers to my posts, its great to have someone help like you are, as sometimes you just don't want to try something, spend the money and just waste it. So again thanks, your advise is really appreciated.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:13 PM   #10  

You do eat fruits, but also on the list is ham, turkey, roast beef, baked beans, cottage cheese, regular cheese, fish, salads, green beans, sausage, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, tuna salad, You can drink a moderate amount of coffee. Unfortunately, you only eat bread once a week, ice cream once a week and no pasta. I have seen nuts on the list and several different types of fish. That is all that comes to mind right now. I really thought I would miss mac and cheese and potatoes, but I have found this program very easy to stick to.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:02 AM   #11  

It sounds like a no carb diet? I am not a fish eater so would struggle a bit with this. Also I am from NZ so the program actually would cost me $80. I have purchased from Amazon a calorie calculator that keeps track of what eat and can calculate your daily or weekly intake and I can carry in my handbag. Can't wait for it to arrive. I will try that and I can hopefully keep on track, we will see.