Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #1  

Default Appetite Down Candy -Anybody try these?

Hi,

I was walking through the mall the other day and came across a Quiosk for "Appetite Down" Candy. It suppresses your appetite. I took a handful of these and have been eating them. They "seem" to work for my after dinner cravings but at $60.00 a box (I can get them for $40 at the quiosk), are they worth it? Anybody else try these and think that I should buy them?

On a very positive note, my son started NurtriSystem on Jan. 3rd and has lost 32 pounds! The Nutri chocolates are AWESOME and really do curb my appetite!

Barb
nybarbiedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

What are the ingredients?

Diet products generally tend to be the same thing with just different variations of ingredients. So it may be that the candy puts something in them that you can find elsewhere. Appetite suppressants generally tend to be just lots of fiber.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #3  

OK, from the leaflet I took along with the handful of candy (I took about 15 pieces, LOL):

Chromiom (Target's "Skinny Water's" claim to fame), Glycyrrhizin, Gymnema sylvestre (is this the fiber part?), Pomegranate fruit extract, Resveratrik, and Grapeseed extract.

They taste delicious - Like lemon drops!

Has anybody out there tried them and love the way they worked???
nybarbiedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I find with most of these types of products you only lose weight
in your wallet.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #5  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I would be a bit skeptical since they do not list the ingredients anywhere, this is all I could find.
Quote:
Developed by Dr. Gordon Pederson, world renowned toxicologist and exercise physiologist, this natural
appetite suppressant contains only natural, healthy ingredients that your body craves to help maintain a
manageable appetite. Eight lozenges have proven successful in the extensive research conducted on
the product by Zurich Pharmaceuticals. Appetite Down contains no ephedrine, hoodia, or any other
stimulants, does not make you jittery or nervous, and is safe to use along with any other medicines you
may be taking. Appetite Down contains chromium (a supplement well-known to curb sugar cravings), a
proprietary blend that includes pomegranate and grapeseed extracts, and soy.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #6  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

If you google chromium, you will see a great article explaining all you wanted to know and more...Below is part of an article from
dietary-supplements.info.nih.gov/factsheets/chromium.asp
"Body weight and composition
Chromium supplements are sometimes claimed to reduce body fat and increase lean (muscle) mass. Yet a recent review of 24 studies that examined the effects of 200 to 1,000 mcg/day of chromium (in the form of chromium picolinate) on body mass or composition found no significant benefits [11]. Another recent review of randomized, controlled clinical trials did find supplements of chromium picolinate to help with weight loss when compared to placebos, but the differences were small and of debatable clinical relevance [51]. In several studies, chromium's effects on body weight and composition may be called into question because the researchers failed to adequately control for the participants' food intakes. Furthermore, most studies included only a small number of subjects and were of short duration [36]."

Last edited by SkinnyDogMom; 03-28-2008 at 02:22 PM.
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote