Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:06 PM   #1  

Default Has anyone tried the gazelle?

Do you like it? Is it a good workout?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #2  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

My sister has one, and I tried it at her place about a year ago. It is definatly low-impact, so you wont hurt your knees or anything doing it. I don't thing it will get your heart rate up toooo much, but my sister did lose 14 lbs in 2 months using it. She just plops it in front of the tv and does it for like an hour straight. I'm sure there are DVD's that come with it too that show you how to get a better workout out of it. I'm not sure this was too helpful, but I think it is a good machine to have in the living room, so that you are getting in some cardio instead of sitting on the couch!
Old 09-23-2007, 12:28 PM   #3  
Seeking self security

Default Gazelle

I own a gazelle. It was gift from my boyfriend at my request. This was Christmas of 2005. I have used it maybe 5 times, twice whole heartedly. Right now I am hanging 3 tank tops and 2 bras from the piston cylinders and handle bars. It works in that sense.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:32 PM   #4  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

My friend has one, and I nearly killed myself on the thing. I hyperextend my knees on a regular basis and that thing will make you do it repeatedly. I think they made them to kill us clumsy dorks!
Old 09-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I have one and I really like it. It is the Freestyle. It has three settings, and I use it on the middle one. I definitely get a good work out on it. It can be boring (but I feel the same about the bike, treadmill, etc.) so I listen to books or music on my mp3 player while I use it. I feel that I get as a good a workout on it as I do walking at a 3.5 mph pace without really pushing myself. If I push, I am wringing with sweat when I am done. That being said, at almost 180 lbs and 50 years old - put everything I have said in perspective.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:01 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

It did nothing for me. I was bored, and didn't feel like I got a good workout as much as I did a good stretch. I had the basic model. Amy 3FC loves hers, though. She has the model that has resistance options.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

There is actually a Professional Version of the Gazelle in my gym...but it's a bit more, with 100 resistance settings and 10 inclines, it's called the Cybex Arc Trainer, it's like climbing uphill through mud when you get to a higher resistance setting...(i've worked my way to 30 mins. at level 42 varying the incline between 7-10). there is no hyper-extension with the pedals. it is an excellent workout, the trainer says it gives me more strength in my weak hip-flexors.
Closed Thread