Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Wan2beskinnuagain- here a website that calculates needs calories and includes a "zig zag" option.
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/cal...alculator.htm#
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #32  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Ma26, thank you for the link to the Calorie Counter.

I am going to give the calorie shifting a try. I have counted calories and points before and since so many people say this zigzagging method has helped them I am going to give it a shot.

New to the community so I hope I have good news to report in time. Just cannot get discouraged.

Thanks for all the info!
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:53 AM   #33  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197/ticker/136

Height: 1.65m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
J Starving you body is not the way to go, as when you return to a normal diet while you're body is on conservation mode you will gain fat real fast...
and ain't that where most of us have gone wrong!!!
RoseRodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 330/297/165

Height: 5'7

I am going to try this. It seems like a good way to still lose weight, have a cheat day and not feel deprived.
jilly6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #35  

Height: 5'4''

I have been doing this for 3 weeks so tomorrow when I weigh-in I am nervous to see if I lost weight with thanksgiving being my high-calorie day (2500).
popspry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #36  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by popspry View Post
I have been doing this for 3 weeks so tomorrow when I weigh-in I am nervous to see if I lost weight with thanksgiving being my high-calorie day (2500).
popspry, do you feel like you fit in to your clothes better or anything? I had my first day of calorie shifting and it went well. Wrote everything down and still have 100 calories left.

I was wondering, are you supposed to eat exactly the amount of calories you are allotted for that day? Is it bad if I eat less than what I was scheduled to eat for the day? I am assuming no because few calories is better for you if you usually overeat.

I hope your weigh in goes well popspry!
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #37  

I thought there was more to it than just calories. Someone told me that you also have to watch your fat intake and carb intake. I don't know for sure though....

I also heard that it does keep your body from detecting starvation mode so that you burn calories steadily instead of having to adjust for plateaus. My friend lost 20 pounds in a month doing this...she is supposed to let me read the book she got about it. And, YES there is a plan for it...you can buy a book on it.

If anyone has the book in a format that can be emailed, please let me know?

Thanks,
Dina :-)
dinamomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 144/140/125

Height: 5' 3"

I really believe in calorie shifting. It just makes sense for keeping your metabolism up. Since I'm on weight watchers, I use something called the Wendie Plan to help me determine my point distribution. Here's a calculator that helps.

Wendie Plan
yoyo mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #39  

So? Im Dumb And dont Wanna Mess Up Haha, If My Total Everyday is only 1360 calories a day . what would be a good list of numbers that would even out to that without actually only eating that everyday? do you guys get me? lol
Naaanccy is offline   Reply With Quote