3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Tools to track progress

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #1
Determined

S/C/G: 188/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Lightbulb Tools to track progress

First I bought the Health-O-Meter scale (Walmart) because it's digital, has accuracy to 2/10 of a pound and actually weighed me the same that my doctor's scale did. Then I bought a used Omron Fat Loss Monitor (at Amazon.com) and got my body fat percentage....very depressing and I left it alone after that.

I could see subtle changes in my body. Every day after the morning *void* I would weigh myself and go from there. After weeks of weighing and SBD eating and an increase in the length of my daily exercise and seeing only moderate loss I remembered that I had the fat loss monitor. To my delight I had lost 4% from the first reading and suddenly didn't care that the weight scale wasn't showing me the #s that I wanted to see. Fat cells are shrinking and muscle fiber is increasing! Woot!! It was the encouragement that I needed to keep going.

Come to find out, the fat loss monitor should only be used occasionally because of the greater length of time that it takes to actually see a difference. Weight scales show quicker changes but it can be due to water loss/retention, etc.

A fat loss monitor can be a great supplement to the bathroom scale
Has anyone else had experience with one?

Last edited by BabySteps21 : 09-05-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.