Ezee Slimming Patches-any Input??

• Hi, I was just wondering if anybody has any advice about these patches.
    I've seen them at the local GNC Health Store, had the sales clerk trying to sell them to me, but thought somebody in here could tell me whether they actually work or not.

They are suppose to contain the "Ocean Herb-Bladderwrack". They are suppose to speed up metabolism and suppress appetite. The clerk told me that they contain iodine, not sure what that is suppose to help with though.
    Any help greatly appreciated!!
    Belinda
  • I've never heard of these patches, but I do know that iodine is vital to proper function of the thyroid gland. However, too much iodine can wreak havoc on the thyroid, so I would shy away from anything with iodine in it.

Hope this helps
  • Jennelle is right, stay away from this one. Slimming patches are a common scam product. The patch tells you that you also have to follow their diet plan for it to work. All you need is a diet plan (and not even theirs), you don't need the patch.

Exercise will speed up your metabolism and suppress your appetite. It would be nice if we could tape herbs or seaweed to our skin and lose weight, but it isn't going to happen. However, there are still unscrupulous companies out there that will do anything to get you to believe otherwise.
  • i still believe the only way slimming patches work is if you put them over your mouth to conrol the mindless eating we all do....bored, tired, stressed, whatever.
  • its a scam.....
    Hi, well there's a sucker born every day and I was that sucker. I too saw the eezz-slim patch and bought it with the promotion of buy one get one free with a coupon. After buying it, I didn't really feel any different but I noticed abit of a weight loss so I was game and bought another box....(so I could get the one free). After reading the instructions, I had to write 'my story' about the patch, how much I had lost, and basically my life as a 'fat person'. Feeling very self-conscious about all this and against my better judgement I wrote a few words about myself. The only thing I asked was that they not use my story for any published article etc. They wrote back saying they could not give me my $30 refund as they needed to have stories they could publish and that other 'potential customers' could trust. I was so angry, that I had been duped into thinking I could get my money, and that this would 'magically solve' my weight problem and that they would honour my wishes....the reply was on a photocopied form letter!!! NEVER AGAIN. Only good healthy eating and habits result in weight loss!! What a fool I was but never again.
  • My sister bought those things!
    She's such a dummie! She got blisters on her skin where she wore the patches!
  • I've seen the bladderwrack on the beaches in California when I would visit. I wonder if you can just rub it on..... Interesting how all these pills and patches and stuff require you to follow their diet plan, usually about 1200 calories? That's what I hate about Woman's World magazine too (besides their stupid "thumbs up" covers), they tout all these amazing diets that soap stars lost 20 lbs on and they're all about 1200 calories. No miracle there!

~Kim