Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 PM   #16  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

I've been wondering about these. Maybe I should give it a try? Everything seems to go bad so fast and it's **** to drag 3 kids to the store 2 to 3 times a week to get fresh stuff.
crazy4weightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:29 AM   #17  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Yeah, I HATED to toss produce - and did it fairly often before I had these bags. They are reusable for a time also. I have had mine for nearly 4 months now and I think some of them are maybe starting to die. I think the manufacturers say they work well for at least 10 storages.

I notice that there are also bags for meat (red), cheese (blue), bread (yellow). We don't have a problem wasting meats or cheese, but our bread (tortillas, pitas, bagels, bread) always go stale before we eat it all. Anyone use the yellow bags too?
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #18  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

So happy I did a search for these because I desparately need them. I am always throwing fruits and veggies away because I tend to buy too much also. I'm also thinking of signing up for a CSA so I need to be ready. I just scanned through some tv channels and either HSN or QVC was selling Debbie Meyer green boxes.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I actually found the green bags at my local HEB (grocery store). About 10 bucks for 20 bags. Is this comparable to what you guys are paying for them?
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #20  

I use the Ziplock vegetable bags. They are cheaper by far and really work. I originally used them because I had a fruit fly infestation in the kitchen. They were madly in love with my tomatoes and bananas. They died but my fruit is staying fresh longer than normal. I've got a basket of peaches stored in the ziplocks right now and am curious to see if they ripen in them or do I have to use a brown bag.
spinky is offline   Reply With Quote