Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 12:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Bender Ball ... Yeesh!

Have you seen these ads? Holy moly ... it's just a ball! I think the packages start at about $19.00. It's just a ball! I bought one at a grocer for $1.99.

I thinks it's a fun idea for adding variety to your workout but you can do this much much cheaper.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:03 AM   #2  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Ha -- I googled it up and had a good laugh watching the video. It does look like once of those bouncy balls that you can buy at discount stores.

That being said, I do think that crunches are more intense on a swiss ball (which I do have, and double as a computer chair at home & work), but that bender ball looks so much easier to fall off from and looks like it would put more pressure directly on the spine (OUCH!). I'll take my full-sized swiss ball at around $10 instead
Old 06-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaWarlock View Post
That being said, I do think that crunches are more intense on a swiss ball (which I do have, and double as a computer chair at home & work), but that bender ball looks so much easier to fall off from and looks like it would put more pressure directly on the spine (OUCH!). I'll take my full-sized swiss ball at around $10 instead
I was thinking the same thing.I'll keep my oversized ball that doesn't hurt my back and only cost me $10 too!I think I have to buy more then one though...my youngest thinks it makes the most awesome toy
Old 06-27-2007, 03:03 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Smile

The packages are $9.99 now on their website and do include some stuff you get with the ball, so to me the price isn't that out of line for a fitness toy.

Still, most gyms have barrels of these balls. I think (my opinion, not sure of the facts, but have been told this by a previous gym) the Silver Sneakers programs for older exercisers have a special line of these they provide gyms that have their program with.

The balls at the gym tend to have a better quality for exercise, they're made the same way the good big balls are and aren't going to pop on you. They're also more comfortable to use than the $1.99 drugstore balls, which are hard and cheap (in my opinion).

There really are a lot of exercise uses for these little balls and this isn't a bad price, in my opinion, for a package like this, but if you're in a gym, you might want to see if you could just grab one of those for some moves.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:38 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL I had to look it up too... and they are saying it is a $40 value... for only $9.99. But hey I do think I will go try it with one of my Danskin fitness balls... for which I pay $7.88 at WalMart <G>
Old 07-02-2007, 11:41 AM   #6  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

If they start being sold at places such as wal-mart I may buy one. I think its a good idea and I would have a much easier time using one of these opposed to a large stability ball I had. The large stability ball I had a very hard time using it. I could never do any of the exercises that came with the ball. Crunches and sit ups were impossible for me with that ball. So if somewhere has an similar ball or this one ball I would buy it for a reasonable price.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:40 PM   #7  
Empress/Queen

need2loseinGa: I did see something similiar in either Wally World or Target's exercise equipment section. I don't remember exactly where I was. It was green and came in a little kit with a DVD. Not sure what the price is. I think I may go and buy it. It was a pretty good quality ball.

I still have my stability ball inflated from three years ago, even in the heat here it hasn't popped or anything. I like the stability ball for some exercises but not to lie on for crunches. I think I'd like the small ball.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

I thought the same thing SusanB! Although I think the idea is good. I'm going to try it on one of the balls they have like that at my gym. Then I'll go get one of Misti's Danskin balls at Wal-Mart for 8 bucks! LOL!

New me challenge: doing "Bender Ball" crunches during commercials while watching TV. Maybe during their own commercials? HA!
Old 07-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I think that's very smart! A free tutorial Not to mention how much exercise you'd get because there are sooo many commercials on TV these days.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

^^ LOL!! Just a few... thousand!

(I may have ripped abs, huh?)
Closed Thread