Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 11-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #166  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Height: 5'0"

When I was on it I found it worked but not enough to make me stay on it. I have a hard time staying motivated. I have gone to the Ideal Protein diet which has worked for me much better. Each person is different so I hope Alli works better for you than it did for me. Good luck.
Slow Weave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 270/237/170

Height: 5'9''

I've had a hard time committing to it, same with any exercise or diet plan, however when I consistently take it with every meal (that I feel like I need to), it absolutely helps me lose weight. Either way I have to watch what I eat and exercise but without Alli, I was just maintaining my weight, once I started taking it (about 3 months consistently) the scale has finally started moving.

I know people who have had no success with it, and people who had way too many side effects. So I guess it all depends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishflynn View Post
For breakfast , i have Bran flakes with Semi skimmed milk . Obvisley there is "some" fat in the milk. Would any one bother using Alli with this?
I definitely would not, if there's not enough fat it can give you some serious cramps. They also tell you how much fat a meal should have before you take it and I've found a lot of diet meals don't have enough.

Side effects wise for me, if I eat the recommended amount of fat I don't get the...mess I'll say. Take it with a cheeseburger and fries and you'll regret it.

The key for me is, I drink a big glass of fiber with every single pill, binds up any oil that may come out.

I still take supplements (Fish Oil included) but I take it at a time when it's not effected by the pill and I do not take Alli 3 times a day, my breakfast never has much fat, and sometimes my dinner doesn't either.

Last edited by RockemSockem; 11-13-2011 at 04:08 PM.
RockemSockem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #168  
Missher@135

S/C/G: 177.5/177.5/135

Height: 5'7"

I have been reading the replies from the past years and I'm thinking about starting this and picking up the starter kit from Costco today. I quit smoking recently and I feel like if I even look at food I gain weight. I'm at my highest ever. I started back exercising the past couple of weeks but I am hoping with Alli that I will be more motivated to eat healthier considering the side effects. I am seeing some good consistent pointers:

1. Eat low fat (15gm per meal of fat)
2. Continue to exercise
3. Take a fiber supplement
4. Take a multivitamin (is it best to take the multivitamin at night after I eat? Also, is it okay to take fish oil at night too?)
5. Drink lots of water

Are there any other pointers for success while using Alli? I appreciate the encouragement!!!
michelereith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 270/237/170

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelereith View Post
4. Take a multivitamin (is it best to take the multivitamin at night after I eat? Also, is it okay to take fish oil at night too?)
5. Drink lots of water

Are there any other pointers for success while using Alli? I appreciate the encouragement!!!
For me, it's better to take my multi and fish oil in the morning before I take Alli so it can absorb without any residual Alli interference.

Alli takes a while to work its way through my system so when I took fish oil at night, after having taken Alli earlier in the day, it blocked my fish oil absorption which makes for a troublesome morning .
RockemSockem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 285/200/200

Height: 6' 2"

Alli is a fat absorption pill and has some appetite suppressant properties. At $50 or so a month, it's a legitimate question, "Does it work?"

It certainly does work for some people, as seen in these posts. But that is almost besides the point. IMHO, this type of product, while possibly helpful, is preventing you from transforming your mind and body to a healthy place.

Is it possible that you sometimes, or maybe oftentimes eat when you are not really hungry?

For most of us, the answer is absolutely YES! That being the case, what benefit is there to a pill that suppresses your appetite but then you eat when you're not hungry anyway?

The Mayo Clinic estimates the weight loss benefit of Alli to be about 3 lbs per year, compared to a sensible diet and exercise program. You can read about it on the Mayo Clinic website.

Having periods of real hunger during the day is normal during the weight loss mode and beyond. It is not something to be feared but something to expect and be grateful for...it means you didn't overeat at the last meal and that you are dropping pounds...yeah!
Wimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #171  

Alli - I tried it a couple of times but it made me have stomach issues and bathroom issues even when I was following a low fat diet. What a waste of cash. I'm on Medifast now and your body NEEDS some fat believe it or not. Alli blocks it all and that's not healthy for you, your heart actually needs to have some fat around it for protective reasons (dr. told me this). Alli is just another quick fix.
LOW CALORIE DIET AND EXERCISE - THAT'S WHAT WORKS!!!!!
HIGH CALORIE DIET AND NO EXERCISE - THAT'S WHAT WORKED TO GET YOU FAT!
Reverse it!
ubskinnyagain75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 183.2/162.2

Height: 4ft. 10.5

Thumbs down Be careful

I took Alli for 2 years. I lost weight. 30 pounds. However it messed up my gallbladder pretty bad. And the stools really nasty. Also the flatus smell, yuk!

Within a short time I put the weight back on.
Ellie143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

I was thinking about trying this but i would just do one pill a day, for my largest meal, dinner. I was thinking it would safeguard me from overeating because of the nasty side effects if you do overeat. Has that worked for anyone?

Also, i've looked at a couple places online and they all say out of stock. Is it available in stores right now?
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I don't know if I posted this here already- but every time I see Alli brought up I think "if they could just fix that poopy problem it might be the near perfect diet pill"... like why hasn't science found a way so that issue can be controlled and actually make this a more practical diet pill? Other pills suppress your appetite so you don't eat those bad foods, but Alli could almost let you eat anything you want - and eliminates the most calorie dense part of most of our favorite foods, that fat- so it would cut alot of calories for us! (of course we would still have to get around the sugary foods).
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #175  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't know how it'd be a perfect diet pill since really it only reduces the amount of fat calories you ingest, approximately 100 calories/day on a 1500 calorie/day diet. That isn't a lot. The 'poopy' problem is actually the 'magic' of the pill. Of course you could just eat a low fat, high sugar diet and the poopy problem wouldn't exist but then you can still overeat.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

I think it just depends on the person. A long long time ago i was on Xenical briefly, and yes it could disturb my digestive system and you could definitely tell it was working, but it was never that bad. But more than eliminating fat, i want to use it as a safeguard against eating huge fatty meals. If nothing else, the threat of diarrhea will make me stop eating (i hope).
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #177  

Default Dr Furlman's diet?

Hello friends Did anyone see Dr oz? Is anyone on Dr Furlman's diet?
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 273/173/150

If you decide to try it JUST DONT CHEAT!!!! I jumped on the band wagon as soon as it hit the market........cheated once and ended up....OMG! just trust me. I gave up because if I could stick to 10gm of fat a day; I wouldn't need a pill to lose weight!! $140.00 bucks I will never see again
eightiesbabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #179  
Just watch me ...

Dr. F's diet has gotten rave reviews. I was on it for a while, but fell off. I go back and forth; the smoothies are great. It's a bit tough to stick to, but many have with good result.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #180  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
I don't know if I posted this here already- but every time I see Alli brought up I think "if they could just fix that poopy problem it might be the near perfect diet pill"... like why hasn't science found a way so that issue can be controlled and actually make this a more practical diet pill? Other pills suppress your appetite so you don't eat those bad foods, but Alli could almost let you eat anything you want - and eliminates the most calorie dense part of most of our favorite foods, that fat- so it would cut alot of calories for us! (of course we would still have to get around the sugary foods).
That "poopy problem" is the mechanism by which it works. Its so reliable that they expect users to modify their behavior while on it (or else they have a treatment err... effect).

I tried it a couple of years ago and didn't get more than some warm runs in my clothes. However, that's not to say it wont work for you. Honestly, we owe it to ourselves to try things and not go on what "everybody else" says. The products that I've had success with, may have not have worked for you etc.
cbart123 is offline   Reply With Quote