Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 194/190/145

Height: 5'3

I don't know if it is related... but I have had a slight headache as well. More of a nuisance that a throbbing pain. I thought it was because I didn't get a coffee this morning... but I went and got one and my head is still hurting a bit.

I too am not that hungry... that I am sure is in my head because I am actually AFRAID to eat!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #32  

This is now my 4th day on Alli and on my low fat eating. I have dropped 7 pounds. I am sure it is water weight and also using the potty more often. I have also had a slight headache. Nothing to bad though. I drive a dump truck so I am used to the noise and headaches and such. I do think that it is from Alli or maybe detoxining from all the sugars. Anyways I am happy with this product so far. My friend is also on Alli. Her birthday was Saturday and she ate a huge steak. She said that after she ate it she spent the rest quite awhile in the bathroom if you know what I mean
Well i will keep you guys updated!!

So far so good
Old 06-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #33  
Linda

Default Day 4

i been doing ok on the pills so far , don't know if i have lost any yet ,i haven't weighed myself yet but i don't feel as bloated, i will get on those dreaded scales this weekend to see if there is a little differece anyway . How is everyone else doing on alli? HAVE YOU LOST ANY WEIGHT YET OR ARE YOU LIKE ME AFRAID TO SEE LOL
Old 06-19-2007, 05:15 AM   #34  

This was an interesting thread. I think I will skip on this. I have cut out all saturated fat out of my diet and have make this a lifestyle change I am comfortable with. But I struggle to get enough natural omega 3 and 6.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:52 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

I'm intrigued by this product, but I guess it doesn't really seem worth it. You only end up cutting out 100 - 150 calories a day, which translates into an extra 1 - 1 1/2 pounds lost per month. It doesn't seem worth it to me to spend $60 a month and take a pill three times a day for only an extra pound a month. Am I missing something?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:13 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Hey thanks to everyone for their feedback on this product. I would like to give this product a try. I think it will honestly give me that extra boost to stay away from chips and also keep my husband from offering me them. Thanks again. I hope someone starts an Alli support thread. I'd do it but I dont' know how.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 194/190/145

Height: 5'3

Well on to day three... the only side effects so far are a slight headache and I actually seem somewhat constipated! :P I hope that this is not the calm before the storm! I did weigh myself and I am down a pound, I drank a lot of water yesterday to purge my system. The loss is really just water. But I think after a week I will know for sure.

Last night we had pizza, and I will tell you that the pill worked from keeping me from eating more than one piece. One slice had 10 grams of fat. So I had one slice two baked chicken tenders and a salad with no dressing. So far... So Good.

For those who are reading these threads and considering using Alli, so far it seems to be working for me. I have no interest in testing the limits of the drug because I don't want to incur the side effects. I am not craving the high fat foods. I am also writing everything down and researching it before it goes in my mouth.

Good Luck!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #38  
Misfit

S/C/G: 264.5/238/150

Height: 5'6

Robinw - your description was something else

What's curious is how three of you describe getting a headache. Seems too coincidental don't you agree? Have any of you checked out the alli message boards to see if anyone else is getting that headache?

I appreciate you ladies giving the feedback on this product. I'm up in the air about it and think I will talk to my Dr about it at my appt this afternoon since I'll have his attention.

Missi
Old 06-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 169/169/110

Height: 5'1

I am intrigued by this product also, but think for now I will skip it. I do like hearing the updates of everyone. For the most part, the feedback has been positive. If it stays this way, maybe I will try it.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #40  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hiya Missi, I agree about the headaches. No I havent been over to the message boards yet. I keep meaning to, but then forget. Let see if I remember today! I just remembered....if I drink all my water during the day, I dont get the headaches until about 8pm. Thats when I stop drinking water(so I'll sleep thru the night)

Here is my honest appraisal so far.

Even if these pills didnt block a % of fat, I would still take them! Why?

The #1 reason after 5 days. I am NOT hungry! AND, Im in the middle of a very rough pms session!! That alone is reason enough for me to take this stuff. Hunger and cravings have been my issue since I hit puberty. But this is the week I have so much trouble with chocolate cravings and wild animal type hunger. All 'round Im very pleased with how I feel on these. How do I feel? No different! Thats the best part!
Old 06-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #41  
Misfit

Do you think it's dehydration that is causing the headache? I mean since your bowels need plenty of h2o to function regularly, and alli basically is over-stimulating them....it might mean any taking alli should stay right on top of the water consumption. Or maybe even too much water if you drink a lot?
Just throwing some ideas out there since I might end up taking alli, not so much for extra weight loss so much as a behavioral tool. I forgot to ask my Dr about what he thought since my appt was last minute. (nasty period problems, ugh. He was thrilled about my loss so far though.)

Not to be too nosey but since you wake up at night to pee, have you been tested for diabetes just in case? I know that can be a symptom. (feel free to tell me to bug off, but I'm diabetic and nosey)

I just finished lurking on the alli board and it seems that there are a lot of women who didn't bother to educate themselves very well. There are also some mentions of doubling the doses. That's kind of disturbing. Then again, there are a few ladies who have taken it before when it was RX and they have good advice.

I'm really interested in the fact that you don't feel hungry. I wonder why that is and will a lot of us be like that if we take it? I'd love to control my hunger at times.

Missi
Old 06-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #42  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilketay View Post
You only end up cutting out 100 - 150 calories a day, which translates into an extra 1 - 1 1/2 pounds lost per month.
That's an extra 12 - 18 pounds lost over a year. Sounds worth it to me.

Good luck to everyone trying Alli,
Old 06-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #43  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Thingirl, I love your avatar!!

Missi....I managed to get over to the alli board today too. I was surprised too at the women that didnt educate themselves. I cannot imagine doubling the dose, I dont want to imagine.....I dont want to wear diapers again until I absolutley have to...and that better be when Im well into my 100's

I hadnt thought about being dehydrated, but it certainly makes sense. Getting up to p in the night only happens when I drink water the way Im suppose to when Im trying to lose weight. I have to make a point to stop at 8pm. Thats the only time I have issues with it. No worries.

I didnt see anyone on the alli board say anything about not being hungry. I posted a question about it, but all posts have to go thru a moderator before they actually get posted. I dont know if its up yet.

Edited to say, I was just over at the other board, and there now seems to be issues with headaches, and no hunger. But like I said, if I drink lots of water, its barely noticable.(the headache that is)

Last edited by RobinW; 06-19-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #44  
Misfit

Do you remember reading anything about headaches as a potential side effect because I sure don't and I thought I read them rather well. I'm going to reread through whatever they have online and see what I find. Seems to me they'd include headache with the other "treatment effcts". Not sure I like the idea of having a headache right before bedtime but since I wake up to pee all the time anyways I wouldn't notice any change from extra water.

Gonna go lurk some more and see about the headche phenomenom.

HAGN
Old 06-19-2007, 10:12 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 199/178/140

Height: 5'2

I had a slight headache Sunday, more annoying that painful. Other than that I haven't had any side effects at all. Of course I am watching what I eat very very carefully.
Closed Thread