Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/189/160

Height: 5 foot 6 inches

Default Has anyone tried Wu-Yi/Oolong Tea?

I saw an article about it on the site and I wanted to know if any of you have actually tried it? The article makes it sound great, but I don't want to waste more money on a product that doesn't help. I am trying to eat healthy and work out. I just thought adding this to my routine may help. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Courtney
Old 06-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #2  
it's always something

Was it the article on this site? It's loaded with antioxidants, which are good for you, but any effect on weight loss is minor. I drink jasmine tea daily, which is an oolong tea, as well as green tea, but it hasn't affected my weight loss. I wish it had I just love the flavor, drinking tea can be a peaceful experience
Old 06-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 147/129/120

Height: 5, 0

if it's the one i think it is, w/ a green box; don't use it...it's basically a diuretic, u lose water; if u wana lose 5 lbs for an upcoming party in 3 days, that's what it's for...
Old 09-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #4  

I am not sure of Wu-Yi tea. However, Wulong Tea is another name for Oolong Tea.

Jasmine tea, Wulong/Oolong Tea are considered as Chinese Tea too. However, Jasmine tea is not Oolong Tea.

Chinese Tea is said to remove 'oil' or that greasy feeling after a heavy meal. It does aids in digestion. Thats why when Chinese eat heavy foods like Dumplings and Mooncakes, they always accompany them with Chinese Tea.

Because it aids in digestion, one should never drink Chinese Tea on an empty stomach or when u are hungry. It will make matter worse. I do not think that Chinese Tea helps one in losing weight. Its more of digestion.

The easiest way to brewing chinese tea is to put few teaspoon of the leaves or just 1 teabag into a cup, rinse with hot water (pour away the water immediately or after few secs if u prefer). This is to 'clean' the leaves and warm the cup. Then pour in another round of hot water. Let it simmer for few mins before u drink it. U may like to add more water later on if u wish. No adding of sugars etc.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneige View Post

Jasmine tea, Wulong/Oolong Tea are considered as Chinese Tea too. However, Jasmine tea is not Oolong Tea.

Chinese Tea is said to remove 'oil' or that greasy feeling after a heavy meal. It does aids in digestion. Thats why when Chinese eat heavy foods like Dumplings and Mooncakes, they always accompany them with Chinese Tea.

Because it aids in digestion, one should never drink Chinese Tea on an empty stomach or when u are hungry. It will make matter worse. I do not think that Chinese Tea helps one in losing weight. Its more of digestion.

The easiest way to brewing chinese tea is to put few teaspoon of the leaves or just 1 teabag into a cup, rinse with hot water (pour away the water immediately or after few secs if u prefer). This is to 'clean' the leaves and warm the cup. Then pour in another round of hot water. Let it simmer for few mins before u drink it. U may like to add more water later on if u wish. No adding of sugars etc.
That's really great advice. I will have to try that! Thank you
Old 09-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #6  

Welcome!

I want to add that, its best to avoid putting stainless steel spoon in the pocelain cup when the tea leaves is in. I heard from a news that it will produce minor unhealthy substances. Some sort of chemical reaction between pocelain, chinese tea leaves and that spoon.

Another thing to note, never drink a chinese tea thats been placed aside for many hours. My own idea is no more than 2hrs. This is because the tea will react with the air and produce toxic. Same goes for the tea leaves if u are setting it aside in Tea pot. Sounds scary? But Chinese tea benefits outweight the cons IMO.

Last edited by Laneige; 09-10-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:36 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneige View Post

Thanks for the explanation.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:37 PM   #8  

the "Fat Flush" Author Ann Gittleman suggests drinking Oolong tea WITH green tea together. She says they work better together.

I have been brewing and drinking both for about 2 months now. It's my "drink of choice" and I have it all day long and have not noticed any additional weight loss results.

But boy does it taste good!! I hate the taste of green tea but LOVE the taste of Oolong tea so I was happy to hear about this!!!!

And a really good one, if you can find it, is "Joy" tea by Tazo. It is a blend of Green, Oolong and Black and is delicious!!! But it is only sold at Christmas time. The BEST diet tea is only sold at Christmas - What is up with THAT, LOL!!

Barb
Old 09-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #9  

Thumbs up The Ultimate Diet tea that actually works!

OK, that me first say that I am an avid reader of both "Women's World" and "First" magazines and will try all the diets/diet products that they suggest. So let's just say that "I have tried it all". I am a human "diet" guinea pig!

I have tried many teas (oolong, green, yerba mate) and have not really seen any weight "loss" results from any of these and they don't curb my appetite. But maybe there are lots of other benefits that I am just not physically seeing.

Anywho - I do drink one tea that totally curbs my appetite, which really needs some major curbing after dinner!!!

It's called "Bonkers Ultimate Diet Tea". I have tried all the flavors and the only flavor that curbs my appetite is the Lemon Peppermint one. I really think that it is the combination of Yerba Mate, green tea AND peppermint that does the trick.

I get it at Safeway/Tom Thumb. Try it and let me know if it works for you!

Barb
Closed Thread