Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #1  
too much of a good thing!

S/C/G: 209/ACK/less than200 initially

Height: 5' 5"

Default "YOU on a diet"

who, me?!

No, seriously, I just got this book out of the library and the librarian was raving aout it being on Oprah and on the best-seller list. Those are not necessarily recommendations for me, I'm a cranky old cynic who doesn;t always have the same tastes as "the herd". BUT the book looks interesting.

Has anyone read it and/or tried the plan (diet/exercise) outlined in it?

I would like to know what you think, what your experience was.

I'm particularly interested in the fact that the authors seem to focus on the issue of belly fat = my nemesis.

(sorry if this has already been addressed, but I couldn;t find anything. If there are previous threads could someone please point me in the right direction? Thx)
Old 06-01-2007, 07:17 PM   #2  
it's always something

We have a YOU forum that might be of help
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116
Old 06-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Well, I am a dogs and horses person myself, but other than that, I admire that you are a decide- for- yourself -type person.

Me, I follow the pack. If Oprah said you'd benefit from barking at the moon at midnight I would do it.

That said, I PAID for You On a Diet, and I think it is the best insight on dieting and exercise physiology and the like I have ever read. It gives a ton of information on the "science" behind weight issues.

The BEST book I have ever read about changing behavior day by day is Beck's Diet Solution by Judith Beck. It really is "food for thought"...or thought for food, actually.

Then there is Outsmarting the Female Fat Cell, which is how I lost my weight in the first place....it really makes a lot of sense...and it worked.

They are all good, ya just gotta pick one and do it!!!! Good luck.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #4  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I read "You on a Diet" and although my weight loss plan wasn't based on the book, it just happens that I was already more or less following his plan. I think it is great information and I would advise it for anyone who wants to understand more about how our bodies and our weight work.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #5  
too much of a good thing!

S/C/G: 209/ACK/less than200 initially

Height: 5' 5"

Red face

Quote:
We have a YOU forum that might be of help
oh. heh. blush. I couldn;t see the wood for the trees. Thanks.

maryblu - thanks for the other book suggestions. I'l look into the others too. If I find one I really like I'll spluge on it at the bookstore. (I have a serious book addiction and need to cut down on buying the beloved things...)

Barking at the moon at midnight sounds like fun, but I can never stay up that late.
Closed Thread