Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 08:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/147/130

Height: 5'6"

Question The AB Diet???

Hello All

After seeing the Ab Diet by David Zinczenko on the Today show (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18784277/) I was wondering if there was any information on 3FC or if anyone out there has done this diet??

I looked into it more at the book store and the diet looks very appealing and doable because you don't starve! Bascially you eat 1,100 to 1,500 (depending on the day) calories a day and it's a wide range of foods. Of course the diet does require you to excercise I think it said 5 days a week including cario and strength training.

Here's the diet in a nutshell:

Almonds and other nuts

Beans and legumes

Spinach and other green vegetables

Dairy (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese)

Instant oatmeal (unsweetened, unflavored)

Eggs

Turkey and other lean meats

Peanut butter

Olive oil

Whole-grain breads and cereals

Extra-protein (whey) powder

Raspberries and other berries

Let me know you thoughts, your knowledge or anything!

Thanks and have a GREAT Weekend!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

Hey! I did this diet for a while and it was REALLY GOOD. My bf actually is doing now too. The problem for me on it was portion control. You said that the calorie limit was 1100-1500 but I had a hard time tracking it. But at the the time I didnt know about fitday either so that probably would have helped me. I still use his exercise plan from time to time. The principals of the diet are great and the food you get to eat is great! I would also recomend getting the smaller of the two books it has more recipies and still includes the diet information and exercise information.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/147/130

Height: 5'6"

Ahhhh Portion Control....I think that's the prize winning answer...I'll look into getting the book. I found that on www.womenshealthmag.com there were a lot of information, excercises, menus, etc...look into that!
Old 05-26-2007, 12:32 AM   #4  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

I was mildly curious about it when it first came out, but not enough for me to want to buy the book.

Recently, Consumer Reports did a feature on diet books and only gave the Abs Diet a lukewarm review. While it did feature a lot of exercises (one thing most "diet" books neglect -- the other part of the calorie equation), Consumer reports did not care for the part about the "power/miracle foods", which I agree - it's more about the overall diet, which should be well-rounded and balanced, than to obsessively go after/avoid any single food item(s).
Old 06-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #5  

My hubby did this and he really liked it.

Unlike me, he only had about 20 pounds to lose and he lost about 15 of it in 2 or 3 months without making a major life overhaul - he just applied the principals as often as possible and stepped up his workouts.

He does have much better abs. No six pack, but they are flatter since when he does gain or lose weight, it all seems to happen in that area.
Closed Thread