Anyone using the Z trim-have you lost any weight?

• Hi,
    I just read through the posts on Ztrim and was wondering if it has helped any of you lose any weight? I was thinking of just getting the capsules. One of my big problems with losing is I feel hungry all of the time. If I could take them during my afternoon slump/binge time maybe it would help make me feel full and I wouldn't eat???? Anyone have success with the capsules?

Thanks,
    Donna
  • The only posts I've seen are about people using z-trim to replace fat in their cooking.

As for things that help you feel full, fiber is great for that. I will do a fiber drink sometimes (maybe even mix in a little protein powder) to help me feel full. You can buy psyllium husk powder in a health food store but you could also just use something like metamucil.
  • I bought the Z Trim not to help me lose weight but to keep the fat in some of the foods I eat lower. For that it is working. I am a huge, huge fan of sour cream and I can't stand the taste of the low fat or non fat stuff. It tastes like they mixed it with flour. It's just gross! Now, I buy the regular sour cream, mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with Z Trim and voila! half the fat, half the calories. But since I use it sparingly anyway, it in itself will not make me lose weight. It is simply a tool that in the overall picture helps with the weight loss.

Also, the capsules (IMO) are simply overpriced bran. It is much better to get your fiber naturally, or if you feel you need to get fiber in other ways, plain old psyllium is way cheaper. The capsules probably won't do you much good and I actually wonder why they sell them. The Z Trim gel and powder is a wonderful invention (again IMO).
  • I agree, I'm not sure the ztrim capsules would help. Besides, most people snack or over eat out of habit or boredom or stress - not hunger.

I think the ztrim, as a fat replacer, can be helpful long term, but you aren't going to see quick results. It's just one piece in a complex puzzle.

I eat fairly low fat anyway, and I struggled to make enough recipes to test the product out until we decided to make some things for a large family gathering. But my diet and lifestyle may not be shared by everyone, and there are a lot of people that use a lot of fats and can benefit more from a product like z-trim.

Allison, I totally agree with you regarding sour cream. I only buy the real thing. Have you read the ingredient list on fat free sour cream? There isn't any sour cream in it The 'light' versions are a tiny bit better, but most still require a degree in chemistry to decipher the labels. I'd rather have the real thing, and dilute it with something simple like ztrim.
  • ok.. I am confused on how this z-trim can make something high in fat, low in fat? I understand that it adds fiber to it, but how doesnt it lower the fat and calories? sorry to butt in but I just have to know because I am a ranch dressing and carrot/cucumber girl and if I can slash the cals in that I would be a very very very happy girl, but in my mind, it just doesnt make sense
  • It's an extender. You mix the z-trim with the fat source. So, let's say you would normally eat 2 Tbsp of sour cream on your taco salad. You mix 1 Tbsp of z-trim with 1 Tbsp of sour cream. You then end up with 2 Tbsp of "sour cream" that has only 1 Tbsp's worth of fat and calories.
  • I tried psyillium husk mixed in water -yuck,gross,pooey- the texture was just way too bad for me. Then I tried Fiber Choice. It's a tablet you chew. It didn't seem to help much either with my afternoon binge urges. I guess I should just give in and eat something (healthy) but it's in that 2 hours before supper time and I hate to eat that close to supper. Fruit doesn't help-apples make me feel more hungry. Which is really weird to me, but my mom says the same thing. I've decided that you're supposed to feel hungry to get into that fat burning mode-it's just so hard to feel hungry, then I get ravenous and then the binges start-ugghh-the vicious cycle. Thanks for all of the replies.
    Donna
  • Donna,
    my afternoons are hard, too. I have found that a protein bar or something similar helps. If I eat one around 3 PM, it holds me until dinner and when I get home from work I don't snack while I cook. Mine are about 190 calories, so nothing that's going to kill my diet. And they are chewy, some are chocolatey, some are nutty, so it kills all kinds of cravings as well.
  • Thanks Allison. I *know* I should eat something instead of trying to hold off. That just seems to make it worse. Today we ate an hour earlier, so that helped but I can't do that everyday (hubby's out of town this week).
    Thanks for the protein bar suggestion.

Donna