Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #16  
banned

You can look up the corporate site online and read all the information about it. (including ingredients, nutrition info) The company does not make any medical claims, I'd stay away from those that do. However many medical professionals and authors do back it up. Again, it's up to each of us to make our own choices. I personally feel much better and have lost my desired weight. It's a healthy way for me to get the nutrition I need and be able to keep the weight off while still enjoying foods that may not be so good once in a while.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:08 PM   #17  
prepare for the BEST time

Becky Natrajan, MD and her husband Danny are top distributors of this stuff. She did graduate from med. school (Hanahamann in PA, NOT a top school).

I may be missing something but She's the only U.S. MD listed, (I haven't checked the D.O.) and she IS Board Certified, but it seems as if her sole practise is based on this *cleanse*, my opinion she's just part of the scam and pyramid.....I read her personal statement about signing up 60 new distributors and chasing a dream of wealth.

OK, I've had enough of this infomercial and I've never even seen it on late night TV. everyone has to make a living, but i certainly wouldn't pay $200. to put 242 herbs into my body.....I've only gotten as exotic as a milk thistle supplement...(too much wine).

Last edited by marbleflys; 03-07-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2boys View Post
You can look up the corporate site online and read all the information about it. (including ingredients, nutrition info). The company does not make any medical claims, I'd stay away from those that do.
First, anybody can write anything on a web site or pamphlet or book. Any guy in a white coat can claim to run a lab and to have done experiements. LEGITIMATE researchers submit their studies for review by their peers for publication in scientific journals. Cosmetics and supplement companies are notorious for claiming that their research shows this and that and the other thing, but, oddly enough, said research never makes its way to scientific publications where it has been scrutinized by professionals outside that organization.

Second, you said the company makes no medical claims, yet that is exactly what you are doing as their representative. You can't have it both ways.

You are right, we all make our own choices. I make mine on the best scientific evidence available at the time. Others may choose to make theirs based on marketing and speculation, that's their right. But please don't promote a product's specific benefits unless you have real scientific backup. You may have found success with it, fine. But, what we are saying is there's nothing magical about it, that you could derive the same benefit for less money with any of the other safe meal replacements out there. I can make my own meal replacement with milk and protein powders and vitamin drops and get just as good a result.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #19  
banned

I think it's very interesting that many people try to find things wrong, are so skeptical about any type of company that chooses this type of distribution method, as if something has to be wrong with it. I will say that Dr. Becky had a practice for 14 years as a board certified gatroenterologist and found that she was able to help many of her patients with this type of cleanse than the traditional colon cleanses and medications she gave to her patients.

Again, it's a matter of choice and what someone has been through as far as battling weight and health issues. Many choose to try this and once they do, well, the rest is history. I can speak for myself and those I've helped and I'm very excited to say that this has helped us.

One thing I've learned over the years is to never "bash" something that I've never personally tried. Not sure what triggers people to do that.

Please don't accuse me of making medical claims either, as I have done nothing of the sort. Saying that I've lost weight and kept it off for over a year and that I feel better is hardly making a medical claim.

I just encourage you to really due your due diligence in researching something before coming to conclusions. You can find bad information on just about any reputable company if you try...that doesn't make reputable companies any less reputable because of someone's "opinion"

Again I came on here to wish someone well on the program and offer my support. Not sure how this turned into bashing of a reputable company that has something that has helped thousands and thousands of people.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #20  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

luvmy2boys - 3FC is a very supportive forum in general. There are forums dedicated to all sorts of weight loss programs and various groups. It is a place for support and advice.

The "Does it work?" forum has a very special place on 3FC. It is where we can be skeptical, we can look at a product and ask "Should I buy it?". The "Does it work?" forum is really dedicated to people asking questions and others providing information about products based on their own personal experiences and research. You may view some of the products in here getting bashed, but really it is a forum dedicated to looking under the hood of products and determining some of the following:
1) Does it work?
2) Is it safe?
3) Is it worth the cost?

I think in the world of weight loss products, you have to be a little skeptical. There are so many products out there that claim to do things that they don't do. There are also companies that put harmful ingredients into their products because they are able to slip by the FDA regulations. If it is herbal, it isn't controlled. So my route is to look at the ingredients of any product.

Just a case in point is that there have been two recent posts on this forum asking about a product that claims to burn fat by applying it and another product that claims to cure wrinkles, acne and excess weight. The first product has warming ingredients like menthol and camphor which may give someone the impression of "burning" something but we know that isn't true. The other product is based on a famous diet book that encourages you to eat healthy foods that contain antioxidants and as a result you would lose weight and have clearer, healthier skin. You can't replicate eating of good foods in a pill because it just isn't the same. So yes you could believe the sellers of those products, try the products yourself and then find out they don't work or you can research the products, look at the ingredients and not waste your time or money on useless products.

Others who have posted on this thread have done their own research and have their own opinions so that is what they have posted. You have done your own research and have your own opinions so that is what you post.

So I encourage anyone to take any advice they find on a product and do their own research. Look at the ingredients, look at the background, compare products and make their own decision.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #21  
banned

Nelie,
I couldn't agree with you more and certainly understand the intent of this forum. There are many companies out there that do use unhealthy or dangerous ingredients and make wild claims, etc and it is important for everyone to due their research, it's a must!

What I have a problem with is people who have no basis for an opinion to make statements agains a certain company or product that they have not done research on. When I say research, I mean research the product, research the ingredients in the products, make sure there are only favorable high quality ingredents, etc. Not make a judgement of how good of a medical school a doctor went to, to try to knock down her credibility as a doctor. To me, that is absolutely ridiculous!

I can say that if people did research this company in the correct manor they would find some good information, especially on the formulator of the products, who previously formulated products for over 600 companies in his career including well known companies like GNC and Met-Rx.

It's unfortunate that sometimes people have their own opinions, perhaps about the distribution method, and maybe some past experiences that were not favorable with companies like that, who knows? Bottom line is please do your own research, maybe have your own personal experience before making statements which could deter others from benefiting from something like this if that's their choice.

Again, I wish everyone continued success with their weightloss journeys.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #22  

Quote:
Bottom line is please do your own research, maybe have your own personal experience
We all have our own bottom lines, luvmy2boys.

I'm sure you'd luv for all the posters here to try ******** and have our own personal experiences with it. That seems to be why you're here at 3FC at all.

Personally, my bottom line is that you've posted 7 times on 3FC, and 6 of those are about ********.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #23  
banned

MariaMaria,
Actually, if you look at my first post was supporting a fellow member when they asked if anyone else had tried it. I popped on, said that I had and had great results and offered my support if they needed it.

After that for some reason people started to bash the program for no apparent reason and I was just replying to those posts. If you read real carefully you will not find anywhere that I have invited anyone to try the product or to let me know if anyone wanted info. Not once.

It's very sad when people come on here being accusatory and degrading something for no apparent reason. I just came on here to support someone as they asked specifically if anyone has tried it.

If I came on here praising another program, such as weight watchers or any one of the number of them out there, would I have received the same accusations? Or is it because this company markets their products differently and customers stand to profit instead of huge retail chains or advertising agencies?

As the moderator stated, it's a place where people can come on and ask questions about a specific product or program. Is it safe? Does it work? I simply let someone know the answer to that but certainly did not invite the attacking that is going on here.

I'm a mom, like many of you who had weight to lose and lost it and love to support others through their journies. I didn't think I was being offensive in any way.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:27 AM   #24  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Wow.. this thread = blown WAY out of proportion. Anyways.. I just wanted to add my own opinions on somethings that were said..

Personally, I believe in holistic approaches and would be more willing to drink aloe vera than to take something that my doctor would prescribe, because generally the pharmaceuticals are chemically processed lab grown material. Not that I plan on running out and drinking aloe, but you get my point.

2nd.. I dont buy anything from a publicized "reputable" company, like " GNC" or whatever, I would much rather run over to my whole foods store and supplement, because anything that is overly "hyped" has nothing but revenue in mind.

3rd.. shouldnt knock someone because they didnt go to the *best* medical school around, I mean, **** maybe she stripped her way through college or something, ya never know. We arent all born with a silver spoon ( not suggesting that you are)

Anyways.. I think everyone here has agreed " to each his own" and luvmyboys.. I dont really think you are here to market this program, after all you didnt start the thread. No one has even come right out and asked, so I guess I will.. we all know that you are a user of the program but are you a seller?
Old 03-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #25  
banned

Ready2shedlbs,
I couldn't agree with you more how this thread was blown so far out of proportion, kind of got off subject from what the original poster asked.

First I want to commend you on your outstanding weightloss! That is awesome. I also agree with you as far as taking a natural approach to things.

To answer you question, I am an associate of the company. I chose to sign up as a member(assoc) to get the discount, instead of paying retail. Once we started having the results we did our friends/family wanted to know how to get some. Since this is not sold in stores, the company chose their distribution method because it works much better when it's shared through word of mouth and support is involved, they were able to get the program by either becoming a member themselves if they wanted to take advantage of the discount or they could pay retail and they went through us.

I don't consider myself a "seller" though, I just share what I've found and what worked for us and help those that want to use it and guide them through the program.

You are correct and I thank you, for noticing I did not start this thread nor am I trying to market the products, simply wanted to offer the poster my experience and my support.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:55 PM   #26  
prepare for the BEST time

Of course you're a distributor, you don't post about anything EXCEPT Isenegex.

There's no shame in going to a lower rated medical school, (if your M-cat scores aren't high enough you can't), you can still excel as a Clinician.

The disgusting point is that all this "Board Certified Gastroenterologist" does is sell an "herbal-cleansing" diet supplement, promote it and sign up others to distribute it. I wouldn't trust "Dr. Becky" examine my cat for fleas. (just a common phrase, no insult meant to the talented vets that post on this site).
Old 03-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #27  
banned

Wow, that's pretty harsh to dislike someone for being able to help other people. Do you condemn big companies that make billions of dollars selling products to consumers that are advertised by celebrities or models to entice people when the models themselves probably never even used what they are promoting?

Actually Dr. Becky had a thriving practice for 11 years before even finding this company. She just found something that was helping people and because of this method yes, she is capitalizing on it. Just a business like any other, but at least it's ethical and honest.

It saddens me that you condemn others because they may benefit financially from something.

Once again, I'm not so sure of the support here, seems a little vicious if you ask me.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 182/160/140

Height: 5'4"

Talking wow is right

Hi I am new, so this is my first post. Don't hold that against me. LOL
Some of the arguments against this product is just unintelligent and unfair.

I personally have not tried it nor do I sell it nor joined the company but I am thinking about it. That was why I started to read this thread to get info on it.

I have many questions, hope someone will answer and not be mean about it.

I like to know how much does say 6 months at WW cost total, plus that does not include food either or the books right? I never joined WW so I truly don't know. How much is JC or LA WL? Plus you don't get anything, just the diet plan really, food and supplements are extra right? My point is with this program it does include food and your supplements, when I add that up it is about there. Usually MLM companies products are much better than health food stores, as they are known to purchase or grow the best possible to distribute so they get great results so people can sell them and have stories. I am not into Amway or Herbilife but do buy things from different companies from friends as often as I need to just as I go to the store to buy.
I would not take a slim fast for weight loss though. The product has improved some but I think it is cheap and they use cheap ingrediences.

Please tell me what is wrong with going to GNC? Someone said they would not go to GNC. They have some of the same products that WF has. That was dig if I ever saw one. I don't want to make enemies but I came here because of someone posted a tag from this site at a diet program's private board and I wanted to check this site out. This is the first thread I read. I am hopeful the rest of this site the people do think alittle more and are not so mean to someone who came on to post support of something they asked about and then was just defending themselves and then was told they only post here, give her a chance to post at other threads for goodness sake. The woman who was answering the posts that some of you are attacking was just answering your posts, so that is why she has the # of posts that she has. .

Comment: As for doctors, don't they have to pass tests and take a residence? Why comment on the school? I known many bad doctors from great schools that messed up on me and my family, they over medicate, they do surgery for any reason, give drugs out that the FDA approved to make money on that had to be pulled due to killing many people etc. etc.

I do have a question, someone said that if someone was full of toxins, they go get medical help. In this day and age with all the chemicals around us, I think we are all toxic. Please tell me what would a doctor do about this anyways? I do want to know. One lady here seems to know the medical field, please tell me what they would do, what meds, what procedures etc.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.
Please don't comment on my spelling, I am looking for spell check and don't see it. I am not the best speller but can read well.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #29  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've probably let this thread go on longer than it should've but I just wanted to answer your questions somewhat.

There are certain programs like WW, JC, LA WL that a big part of what you are paying for is support. Maybe that is why ******** also costs more than what you could find on your own for the same quality/better quality because you are paying for some built in support.

Our body functions to get rid of the toxins that it contains and if you truly do have a toxin build up problem (especially if you are jaundiced!), then do seek out medical treatment immediately. Also remember, fluids help rid our bodies of toxins so it is important to drink plenty of water.

Unfortunately, supplements that aren't considered medicine can make many statements about what they do because they aren't regulated by any authority. I could come out with a pill and say it helps burn fat, detoxifies your body and helps smooth wrinkles and as long as I listed it as an herbal supplement, then I wouldn't get in trouble. If people started dying from an ingredient in the product, then and only then does such a product get attention and eventually banned. This happened with ephedra.

As for good products/bad products, you will find them in the same stores/same distributors so that is really why you have to do your own research on products and ingredients.

Our society does eat too much processed foods and there are many good "detox" programs out there that advise you to eat more whole foods/fresh foods to help bring your body into balance. One book that I really like on the subject is "Superfoods RX" which tells you what foods are truly beneficial for your body and why you should be eating them. I've also started reading a book called "If Buddha came to dinner" which seems to be on the same lines. You need to nourish your bodies with good food and not junk.

I stated in the beginning of this thread that I didn't care for ******** products myself based on the quality and the costs and I thought the costs were possibly higher due to it being an MLM. I have tried the products myself. I also wouldn't recommend them at all to anyone who has insulin issues including diabetes, PCOS, hypoglycemia or others due to the high sugar content.

All in all, research the products which you ingest in your body. Also know that no supplement will replace a good dietary habit. There have also been previous posts about ******** so you can also search on those.

Even though we encourage people to have a good discussion about products in the "Does it work?" forum and there is some times controversy, I think it is best we close the thread as it has been mostly a discussion between a distributor and others who have issues with the company.

Last edited by nelie; 03-11-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Closed Thread