Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/178/130

Height: 5'0"

Question Xenical

Does anybody use Xenical? My Dr. recently prescribed it for me when I expressed an interest in Alli. Of course, it's not covered under my insurance, so it was pretty expensive, but if it works, I'll pay. I'm looking for information on side effects also. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You might want to search the forum. There has been a few posts and discussions about xenical. You will get what people call embarrassing side effects if you eat items that are too high in fat. Xenical works by binding to fat that you eat (up to 30%?) and doesn't let your body digest it. Your intestines and colon specifically aren't designed to deal with that fat and may cause leakage.

It is basically a tool to help you learn how to eat low fat. Although that doesn't really stop people from eating high calorie items that contain sugar.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

I was on Xenical about 6 years ago, yes it works, and I guess the most memorable things it taught me was to read labels.....FAT grams in particular.

It keeps you honest about what you are eating, it's not a license to eat and just block part of the fat calories...if you consume a meal that is high in fat, (example; fettuchini alfedo, bread and butter, fried chicken)...the Xenical will react within 30 mins....33% of the fat you are NOT ingesting will be expelled in the bathroom. and it looks/feels like a whole lot more.

With diet/exercise and Xenical I was able to lose wt. easier, but everyone is different....as a rule, I'm one of those people who has to work for every ounce I lose.
Closed Thread