Seaweed Soap?!

• My friend swears this stuff worked for her. (She's on a budget--so hasn't bought any in years). She said you massage it in your fatty areas and it breaks the fat up.
    Anyway, has anyone else used seaweed soap?? does it work? If so, what brand name did you use?
    I don't care as much for weight loss as much as TONING up my skin.
  • I'm sorry to tell you that there is nothing that can be applied externally that will firm up your skin permanently. There are many things that will improve your skin tone temporarily including: massaging with lotions, self tanners and caffeine. Caffeine is a very popular cellulite cream ingredient because it does work to temporarily tighten skin. It is possible that seaweed has something in it that may also temporarily tighten skin. I used to have health and beauty products with kelp in them so there may be some beauty reason for kelp and/or seaweed.
  • You won't lose weight with it in terms of pounds, but I can tell you this- when I do use it, it does seem to pull out something out of my skin- fluid or antidoxants maybe?

Anyhow, I notice that when I do use it consistently, my clothes aren't as tight as they would be if I showered with a regular soap. The only drag to it- you have to massage it on to each problem area, and leave it on for at least five minutes for it to work- this has to be done with the hottest water you can stand on your skin, to help open up the pores.

It is a temporary thing, though- once you stop using it, your skin puffs back out again. It does promote soft and healthy skin, and does help rid your body of toxins, but if you're looking to lose pounds, it won't do that. A couple of inches, yes, pounds- no difference on my scale, at least.