Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:09 AM   #91  
Courtney

S/C/G: 200/185/145

Height: 5'6"

Okay.. well here are my thoughts after doing Shapely Secrets three times today. There are four positions where you flex and hold for 4 times, 25 seconds each. I thought 3 of the 4 were pretty easy... gave you a burn, but were easy. But when it came to doing the triceps work, I COULD NOT finish all 4 times for the life of me... my arms were on fire! But she said that was typical for your first day... since you will be getting stronger and stronger the longer you do them.

So I'm hoping that doing Shapely Secrets 3 times a day, walking 3 miles with Walk Away the Pounds, and doing exercises on 'The Bean' (plus dieting of course) will give me results! lol
alleneaglechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:04 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'3

Default newbie

Okay, I just ordered shapely secrets tonight. AFTER I had ordered, then I decided to google Ms Childers. Didn't look good. A little further scrolling and I came across posts for this site. After reading I don't feel as discouraged. I will definitely post how it works for me.
Rdy2Bthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #93  

OK. You have all convinced me to get back to doing SS. I ordered it a few months ago but didn't stick with it. I have lost 30 lbs. since January with WW so I need to tone up. Hope this works!
sandyjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #94  
It's MY Life

Hi Guys-- Did my measuring on Tuesday and lost 4 1/2 more inches. I was disappointed that more of the inches weren't in the stomach/waist area again this week like last week, but I'll take what I can get. That puts me up to 26 1/2 inches lost total.
alleneaglechick==I know what you mean about the triceps--My dog thought I was crazy as I stood in the living room whimpering for the 25 seconds to be done ! I can get thru them now, so hang in there!
Have a great day everyone!
AdoAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:48 PM   #95  
It's MY Life

Forgot to tell the best part....put on a pair of capris that were unbearable last May and they are snug now, but totally wearable AND.....I could move the belt over 2-3 notches. That was even better than the tape measure.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #96  
Courtney

Good job!

When beginning Shapely Secrets, did anyone else think that this will not give you results? Today is my 4th day doing SS, and while the exercises give you a burn while you're doing them, i'm skeptical whether or not I will actually get results from doing this...? It seems too easy, lol. I don't know if I'm doing them wrong or something, but it's hard to believe that flexing for 7 minutes a day will give you a 20+ inch lose...
Old 08-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #97  

Somebody please tell me they've done this beyond the 2 weeks and what the results were!!!
Royalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #98  
It's MY Life

I started June 26th and have lost 26 1/2 inches total. I measure as i said all of the places that they used to measure when I went to Diet Center in the 80's. They are: neck, wrists, upper arms, upper chest, bust, waist, abs, hips thighs, knees, calves and ankles. I double the number on the wrists, knees etc. For example-if I lose 1/2 inch on the knee measurement - I count that as 1 inch--because I have 2 knees.
The inch loss has slowed down some since the first big week, but it is still working. Hope that continues. I do have quite a few "inches" to lose, so if you are a smaller person your numbers might not be so big.
I bought the upper and lower workout videos too--I tried to do the regular workout and then the upper all in the same workout time early on and it about did me in. I think I am ready to try that again -- will let you know how that goes.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #99  

Question

Im going to order SS today. I have watched the informercial a couple times and read alot the you all have written about it. I hope it will produce some change.
galnic19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #100  

I started SS a week ago and I lost 1" off my waist, 1" off my hips and 1/2" off my arm. I'm so happy w/ the results. And my body feels so sore w/ only 7 minutes of exercise a day. This one really works!!!
mysweetnans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #101  

I have the DVDs but too busy this summer to try them. Maybe I should get busy and do them!!!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:01 PM   #102  

Height: 5'8

I'm in my 3rd week now and everyone is saying how my legs look thinner and that i've looked like i've lost weight. The first week i re-measured i lost 3 in. around my hips..1/2 an inch around my arm and 1/2 on my stomach. I only had lost a pound. The 2nd week..i was really skeptical about it and was nervous about weighing and measuring and turns out i had lost 7 lbs, but only lost an additional 1/2 around the hips. So i keep plugging away at it and see what happens. My pants fit looser, but not enough yet to go down a size. Soon though
iluvshopping107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:04 PM   #103  

Hi everyone,
Quick question....Do you do the 7 minutes more than once a day? I've been doing it twice a day. Is that ok?

Congratulations mysweetnans and iluvshopping. You're doing GREAT!!!
Deltagirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #104  
Courtney

I've been doing it 2 - 3 times a day for the past few days... like she says in the video, the more you do it the more results you see, the stronger you get, and the more inches you lose. So I'm guessing doing it more isn't bad
Old 08-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #105  

This is actually my first post here. I ordered SS a few weeks ago and got it in the mail yesterday. I am curious, how does it tone the sides of your stomache and the area above your belly button? Or do I have to wait to get results from this video and then order something more extensive for those areas?
gagirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote