Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:18 AM   #61  
It's MY Life

Hi! Today was measuring day and I was a little worried because I was only able to do the 7 minute workout 5 times this week. Last week I had lost 8 3/4 and was SO excited. Soooo....this week I measured and I had lost 71/4 inches. That gives me a total of 16" lost in my first 2 weeks of SS. I REALLY want to start doing the advanced tapes along with the regular one, but girls I am really out of shape and as crazy as this sounds this "motionless" exercise really poops me out. I am still going to try and do it at least a couple of times though.
I too battle hypothyroid and that is when I gained my weight. My son just turned 21 yesterday and when I was 9 months pregnant with him I weighed less than I do now. I have had the condition for over a decade and the problem is none of the meds seem to work for me. They seem to make me feel worse or give me acid reflux or all kinds of things. So, right now I am not taking any thyroid meds.
Anyway, I have rattled on here--long story short - I've lost a total of 16" in 2 weeks. (I measure = upper arm, chest, bust, waist, abs, hips, thighs and calves.) I'll let you know how it goes next Tuesday when I measure. Have a GREAT day!
AdoAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Good for you AdoAnnie..16"!!
southernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #63  
CRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriannc View Post
I just started on the Synthroid almost 2 weeks ago, so for me, the jury is still out... but I'll keep what you said in the back of my mind. If you don't mind, would you please PT me and let me know what you did after coming off it... my curiousity is piqued.
I don't mind telling everyone. I went to the Vibe Machine.

You can go to www.vibemachine.com to find locations near you. I am no way associated with this except that I love it and it has helped me and friends and relatives of mine on many, many different health issues.
CRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #64  
CRA

ok, so today was my two week measure and weigh in. I was excited because I wore a skirt and blouse outfit yesterday very comfortably to a business meeting that I could not even get on 2 weeks ago at all. The skirt would not even zip 2 weeks ago.

So, I didn't lose any weight (yet) and my measurements were the same in all areas except lost another 1/4 inch in my bust and waist. So with the 7 inches I lost my first week, that brings me to 7.5 inches lost total so far.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with this program and think it is well worth it. I lost a lot of inches my first week and even though not so much this week, my whole body is tightening up and I have less rolls and indentations (if you know what I mean). And I am indeed a full size smaller on the top and bottom as I can wear clothes I haven't been able to wear.

For me, even on days I don't want to do it, I just tell myself, "hey, it is only 7 minutes and look how great you are looking and feeling". That is all I need to think to get me to do the 7 minutes.

So I plan on keeping this up. I am not going to add anything else to the program or do any more. I want to see where I am after another 2 weeks with just this and no other major changes.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:39 PM   #65  

Question ok, Whats the secret

Does anyone want to share the secrets with the rest of us? I would love to know about it and can't afford the $40.00 right now. Maybe just a little insight on what to do would be helpful.
CLiving625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:13 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 200s/160c/125g

Height: 5'1

Default synthroid ugh!!

to Loriannc, I just posted something but you may not see it. I now use armour thyroid instead of synthroid (20 yrs of synthroid UGH!!)I couldn't lose weight before and when I changed to a natural one I lost weight and the fatigue left. Look at Mary Shomann's web site. I really don't know what it is but type in the name.
I looked at shapely secret and I think it is like Life Lift by Rachelle Haines. Abdominal breahing techniques and isometrics.
Anyone who knows about this let me know
jjnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 191/184/110

Height: 5'2"

Thanks jjnana -

I'll check it out!
Loriannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:21 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 200s/160c/125g

Height: 5'1

Default shapely secret and thyroid

Adoannie,
How long have you done shapely secret?? I haven't done that yet but have tried raschelle haines lifelift. Type breathing exercise and isometrics. non moving as well. Does it sound like yours?? Her site is Lifelift.com. Let me know if it is the same.
Ok I know this is none of my business, but don't just stop the thyroid med. Especially if you have been taking it a long time. All kinds of side effects happen. reflexes slow down, sometimes vision changes, (mine did) fuzzy thinking just to name a few. Anyway, check out armour thyroid. It saved my life. It addresses both t-3 and t-4 which synthroid does not.synthroid only does t-3 and assumes your body will convert to t-4. Not all do. Mine didn't and my endo told me I was just "menopausal" and to deal with it or find a good psychiatrist!! I found a new internal med dr. I actually went online and typed in top thyroid dr and got a list in my area and found a super one who is russian and understands that sometimes you have to step out and try something else.
Good luck and let me know about the shapely secret.
jjnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 191/184/110

Height: 5'2"

The jury's still out as far as I'm concerned for Synthroid... I just went on it (my first thyroid med) on June 28, so it's way too soon to tell. I have been able to lose 7 pounds since I started it, and I had my TOM during that timeframe too... so we shall see. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of some really good sources of information for thyroid...
Loriannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:43 AM   #70  

Height: 5'8

I just ordered this the other day when I saw the infomercial on TV, so I'm hoping that this works for me...I just need something to help me get started
iluvshopping107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 AM   #71  

S/C/G: My goal: 130 lbs.

Height: 5' 5"

hello everyone!
I'm so glad I found this site. I was googling SS and found this link.
I, too, saw the infomercial while suffering with a little insomnia. I fell asleep while watching the food network (go figure) and woke up to the commercial.
I am VERY skeptical, though.

I've never had a weight issue. If anything, I was always TOO skinny.. but I got pregnant two years ago (after the age of 30) and gained over 50 pounds. I have yet to lose all the baby fat. It depresses me.... what happened to the size 5 I used to be? Now I'm squeezing into a size 10, sometimes need a size 12. This isn't me.

I did do weight watchers for a few months and lost about 23 pounds. I loved it... but then I got back into my old eating habits. Didn't have time to pack a lunch for work, didn't have time to make dinner so ordered out, etc. The same excuses over and over again.

I'd love to get back to my point system with the WW. I never went to meetings and just did it on my own. A friend gave me a book and a point slider and I think I did pretty well. But I need to exercise, too.

I've been home for a few weeks on medical leave and I've gained so much weight. I am fed up!

It hit me when I was sitting on the couch with an ENTIRE box of fudge on my lap. What the heck was I thinking????

So... I am really thinking about buying these DVDs but I need to stick with the WW diet and do this in order to reach my goal. I'm starting small. I'll make a 10 lb goal and when I reach that, I'll make another goal.

Good luck to everyone!
NHmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:44 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 190/180/150

Height: 5"6

Cool Tell us the SECRET!

Ok, well after reading every single reply to this thread Im convinced that Shapely Secrets actually works if you put all you got into it...
But I cant afford to actually buy the product right this minute.
And as I can see, many of you all have already bought this product so why now let us in on the secret?!?!?!?!
Please?
defensa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 140/135/120

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilou531 View Post
Well, it's been over a week and no change. It feels like it is working when you are doing the exercises, but I am exactly the same measurements as before I started. I am a little discouraged too b/c I have gained instead of losing. I am going to keep trying though!!

...remember that you may be gaining weight because of increased muscle mass. What matters in this program is loss of inches...not weight loss right away...you may be gaining weight because the isometrics are causing you to build muscle mass.....I would give it some more time....for only 7 minutes a day I was really skeptical too....but doing the diet and the exercise together....along with a little cardio (taking my dog for a walk everyday)....I have already seen some pretty great results....don't give up yet!
preacherlaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:44 AM   #74  
CRA

ok, so I've been so busy, I didn't post at my three week measure and weigh in but here I am a few days later.

By measuring, I lost about another quarter inch in each area, but I am seeing such a difference in my body and how clothes fit me now.

The flabby part under my arms is all but gone and the 2 inch roll I had over my jeans in my middle is almost totally gone. I can wear a whole size smaller now and I even squeezed into something 2 sizes smaller than where I started 3 weeks ago although I couldn't comfortably wear it yet.

Thank goodness that this only takes 7 minutes because on several of the days I didn't want to do it and it was only because it was 7 minutes that I did.

I haven't actually lost any weight but I don't care because I'm getting smaller and am much more tone and flexible and feel good.

My husband has lost a total of 6 pounds and also has lost inches.

As for telling anyone the secrets, I don't think I could really describe the exercises well enough without you seeing them for yourself.

Also, for me, it is the whole package, not just the exercises. She says things and gives you guidance in simple practical terms, not really big changes to make that I know I would never stick to.

So, I'm really happy with this and will keep doing it every day.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:56 PM   #75  
It's MY Life

Hi, haven't posted in awhile--I have been sick--(who gets sick in the summer ????) Anyway, haven't been up to do doing the exercise too much, but with just the few days that I have been able to do it I've lost another
1 1/2 inches total all over in the areas that I measure. About a 1/4 inch in most places -- 1/2 inch in chest. That puts me up to 17 1/2 inches. I am hoping to get back into it full time again. I leave on vacation the middle of August and it would be nice to see more inches gone by then. I don't weigh myself -- can't stand the BIG number, but the fact that my clothes are getting looser and my tape measure numbers are getting smaller makes me happy!
jnana, thanks for the info on the thyroid stuff. I know I am stupid for not doing the meds and will check into what you said. Take care!
AdoAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote