Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #16  

Height: 5'

Angry STILL waiting on the Abdonda thing!

Got to call those nimrods tomorrow - still have NOT received the Abdonda thing. I have not forgotten about this thread!
samanthaf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:54 AM   #17  

Angry lost 5 minutes away

I ordered the Abdonda series on February 9 and they shipped via UPS on 2/12. It arrived at the neighboring post office on 2/20 (and by neighboring, I mean it's 7 minutes down the road) and got lost going to MY post office. Supposedly, I'm receiving a replacement shipment.

I ordered the original Shapely Secrets last year and went through something similar. I like the products but the Shipping Department really sucks.

Wonder if it will ever arrive?

Thanks for the links!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #18  

So glad I found this thread. I just ordered, my MIL had hip surgery and has knee problems, but REALLY wants to exercise. I ordered the set and the advanced DVD. I planned to check it out, send her the basic kit and keep the advanced DVD. I'd like to do the advanced DVD when I travel and in my office for a little break. I hope my MIL can do it... Thanks for the feedback!!
WW lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #19  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Kinda sounds like Pilates, where its isolating the muscle and controlled breathing.

Im going to play devils advocate here for a moment though, as much as we all would like to not have to move much to get the best of exercise, at some point everything we do on a regular basis doesnt "work" anymore and we all need a little cardio in our lives so to those who plan on doing this alone, I certainly hope you are walking at least Good luck with this.. I think I will try the example at work tonight since I have to sit for 8 straight hours, I should have abs of steel before too long
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2ShedLBS View Post
Kinda sounds like Pilates, where its isolating the muscle and controlled breathing.

Im going to play devils advocate here for a moment though, as much as we all would like to not have to move much to get the best of exercise, at some point everything we do on a regular basis doesnt "work" anymore and we all need a little cardio in our lives so to those who plan on doing this alone, I certainly hope you are walking at least Good luck with this.. I think I will try the example at work tonight since I have to sit for 8 straight hours, I should have abs of steel before too long
I totally agree. I'm incorporating this into my current fitness plan (cardio and weights.) For my MIL, who isn't getting anything now, I figure this is better than nothing and hope it will help her keep her muscles from atrophying.
WW lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:58 AM   #21  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Yeah I can definitely understand with your MIL, definitely is better than nothing
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:20 PM   #22  

Angry The saga continues

So after the little fracas about UPS losing my order, the company re-filled it. With VHS tapes. The CSR tried to tell me that was what I ordered but I insisted (correctly and I have a copy of it) the receipt said DVD. So they are going to fill it again with the DVDs and theoretically, it will arrive within 3-5 days.

She refused to let me ship back the VHS - they're just going to ship me the correct product. So I may post these up for sale. I can't believe this has been going on since 2/9!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:20 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/194/150

Height: 5'7"

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthaf63 View Post
So after the little fracas about UPS losing my order, the company re-filled it. With VHS tapes. The CSR tried to tell me that was what I ordered but I insisted (correctly and I have a copy of it) the receipt said DVD. So they are going to fill it again with the DVDs and theoretically, it will arrive within 3-5 days.

She refused to let me ship back the VHS - they're just going to ship me the correct product. So I may post these up for sale. I can't believe this has been going on since 2/9!

...I just read through all your posts on this topic, and that's TERRIBLE!.....
I saw the ad for Shapely Secrets the other night on TV, and ordered it last night. Hopefully I won't run into any problems with shipping. It's no fun.
CaspianN0ir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:43 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 200/168/140

Height: 5-8"

hello!! just trying to figure out this whole shapely secrets thing...i have been trying to lose weight like crazy, and my husband was watching the informercial and he said it sounded like something that I would enjoy but it's hard finding out information on it...i would love to know what you know
KirstenLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:44 AM   #25  

Default Shapely secrets...Not really a secret

I bought this from the infomercial. One of the best parts was the free gift. It is a really pretty CZ necklace. I have received so many compliments on it. It really looks real!! I tried the DVD for about 5 days straight, and unfortunately didn't see any results. I know that I didn't give it enough time, so I decided to try again. It's been only 4 more days and I have to say that my abs and butt feels like something is really working. I am not going to measure though b/c that made me discouraged the first time. I am excited to see if it really will make a difference in 2 weeks like the claim. It is a workout though if you really give it your all. However you can figure it out yourself after only watching the videos one time. I got the booster vitamins too. They made me jittery (thanks to the green tea, so I could only use them once a day). I don't use them now. I am trying Fucothin though. I'll keep you posted on how that works.
lorilou531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #26  

I have tried the program for 12 days. It is intense, but doesn't take long, so I can stick to it. I have already lost 3/4" in my waist, 1" in my hips and 1/2" in each thigh, 1/2" in each upper arm. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it is working for me. I was a total skeptic when I ordered, but I am pleasantly surprised with the results. The exercise example posted by "eyas" is not on my video. I'm not sure where that came from.

Basically, you stand still and working muscle against muscle. You work your abs and upperarms and back of the arms holding for 25 seconds in 8 different positions.

The lower body work out is difficult to explain, but you definitely feel it working.

There is one minute dedicated to the facial muscles.

I would highly recommend trying it.
imredee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:36 AM   #27  

Default Shapely secrets

Well, it's been over a week and no change. It feels like it is working when you are doing the exercises, but I am exactly the same measurements as before I started. I am a little discouraged too b/c I have gained instead of losing. I am going to keep trying though!!
lorilou531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #28  

My best friend bought it to go along with our other weight program, and as we sat down to watch it, we were amazed at how little work Greer actually did! I looked at my friend and said, "This is what you got for $40.00?? I tried it a couple of times and quit. She's been doing it for 2 weeks and she says she is feeling soreness. It's just hard to believe that you can lose all of this weight that Greer claims by doing these pretty basic exercises by standing still.

Good Luck to everybody else who tries it! You may have better luck than me!
SherBear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #29  

Hi,
I recenlty saw your message , thus wanted to know how good is this shapely secret program. I have tried so many pills and programs but nothing worked . I dont want to spend anything without seeing a change in myself . Thus could you please help me out and let me know any one or two exercises for thigs and hips so that i can try it out and see whether it really works for me or not . If it does then i will buy it too...

Would appreciate if you could me to try this out..

Thanks and regards,
KS
kanikaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #30  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Kanikaks,

Honestly, for the best hip and thigh exercises, you don't need to buy anything. Lunges and squats are awesome for the hips and thighs. I even have bad knees and I do them but not deeply. I'd recommend looking up lunge and squat technique and doing those to help shape your bottom.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote